HandiCramper

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: HandiCramper

Postby OP827 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:37 pm

twisted lines wrote:
OP827 wrote:
twisted lines wrote:
OP827 wrote:Great work! Are you covering BB ply in epoxy with light glass cloth before finish?

I am not using epoxy, (polyurethane) Caulk then 3 coats of High Gloss then Monstraliner. To old and crippled up for Fiberglass.
I recall reports here of bedliner separation from plywood after sometime. Don't remember the build names though, sorry.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

I can picture a build or two, I only remember it was different brand's not monsterliner, Thank you for checking and making aware of possible flaws, I need can sure use guidance :thumbsup:
Nice build you have going.

Thanks, appreciate my build compliment. After I did a Google search over this site I found the post which was about Raptor bed liner over untreated Baltic birch plywood: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=65559&start=15#p1245278. I would be interested to learn other people experience with urethane bed liners put on plywood without fibreglass after a few years of being outside. Do you know such builds?
My foldable foam trailer build: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=61344
OP827
Donating Member

Postby twisted lines » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:28 pm

OP827 wrote:
twisted lines wrote:
OP827 wrote:
twisted lines wrote:
OP827 wrote:Great work! Are you covering BB ply in epoxy with light glass cloth before finish?

I am not using epoxy, (polyurethane) Caulk then 3 coats of High Gloss then Monstraliner. To old and crippled up for Fiberglass.
I recall reports here of bedliner separation from plywood after sometime. Don't remember the build names though, sorry.

I can picture a build or two, I only remember it was different brand's not monsterliner, Thank you for checking and making aware of possible flaws, I need can sure use guidance :thumbsup:

Thanks, appreciate my build compliment. After I did a Google search over this site I found the post which was about Raptor bed liner over untreated Baltic birch plywood: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=65559&start=15#p1245278. I would be interested to learn other people experience with urethane bed liners put on plywood without fibreglass after a few years of being outside. Do you know such builds?

That is the one that stood out.
Here is one over glass. viewtopic.php?f=50&t=57065
5.5 X 10 Flatback Benroy in a pile,
And it's growing!
twisted lines
Teardrop Master

Postby OP827 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:31 pm

twisted lines wrote:
OP827 wrote:
twisted lines wrote:
OP827 wrote:
twisted lines wrote:

I can picture a build or two, I only remember it was different brand's not monsterliner, Thank you for checking and making aware of possible flaws, I need can sure use guidance

That is the one that stood out.
Here is one over glass. viewtopic.php?f=50&t=57065
Yes, the covered in epoxy glass cloth did stand the test of time, the other one that had untreated plywood under a bed liner didn't. So you do not plan covering with glass before bed liner, but have plywood treated with some polyurethane, correct? I personally would go with glass before bed liner, but it is of course your choice. Let me know how it worked out. Cheers!

OP827
Donating Member

Postby twisted lines » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:11 pm

OP827 wrote: So you do not plan covering with glass before bed liner, but have plywood treated with some polyurethane, correct?
YEP!

I am using a suggested method by what I consider a wise one. Using fiberglass and the suggested barriers are more time, money and labor;
Since I paid good money to have my heart stopped Wednesday can't say I have any of them. :o

Last shot before I glue the frame to the pod .
Attachments
Steel to Aluminum (2).jpg
Steel to Aluminum (2).jpg (90.09 KiB) Viewed 586 times
And it's growing!
twisted lines
Teardrop Master

Postby twisted lines » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:34 pm

Glued on and painted the frame; Scraping priming and painting the house :x makes her happy!
Attachments
Squezeout.jpg
Squezeout.jpg (64.36 KiB) Viewed 481 times
Underneath.jpg
Underneath.jpg (80.54 KiB) Viewed 481 times
And it's growing!
twisted lines
Teardrop Master

Postby OP827 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:21 pm

That sealant seam looks appropriate to eliminate galvanic corrosion. I must say that your workmanship is first class! Are you a fabricator by profession?
OP827
Donating Member

Postby twisted lines » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:42 pm

OP827 wrote:That sealant seam looks appropriate to eliminate galvanic corrosion. I must say that your workmanship is first class! Are you a fabricator by profession?

Thank You.
The corrosion was a large part of the plan, And it is a very good Assembly Adhesive to boot.
I was for two fortune companies for 30 Years: But you won't be able to tell when I start the galley :oops:
And it's growing!
twisted lines
Teardrop Master

Postby twisted lines » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:19 pm

Started on my second layer of 1" foam, cutting a chanel for the wiring between the bottom layer and the finnished 1/8" ply to run wiring because the first layer had tubing in the way.
Finding I almost need to get the fan installed it's already getting hot and stuffy, but I am a long ways away from that.
Attachments
channel.jpg
channel.jpg (67.79 KiB) Viewed 257 times
Second layer.jpg
Second layer.jpg (54.6 KiB) Viewed 257 times
And it's growing!
twisted lines
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Build Journals