Starting my squaredrop build

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Starting my squaredrop build

Postby siena » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:03 pm

tony.latham wrote:
I am not talented enough for aluminum skinning.

How do you know that? There has never ever been a first-time teardrop builder that skinned their cabin with aluminum that had done it before. There are all sorts of first-time challenges with teardrop building.

There are two things you need to have to build a teardrop. Perseverance and a willingness to learn.

Tony
Tony,

If I were to go with aluminum skinning, would I be able to skimp on weight and go aluminum skin, aluminum studs/foam board and then 1/4" ply for the inside?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
siena
Teardrop Inspector

Postby siena » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:07 pm

tony.latham wrote:

How do you know that? There has never ever been a first-time teardrop builder that skinned their cabin with aluminum that had done it before. There are all sorts of first-time challenges with teardrop building.

There are two things you need to have to build a teardrop. Perseverance and a willingness to learn.

Tony
Tony,

If I were to go with aluminum skinning, would I be able to skimp on weight and go aluminum skin, aluminum studs/foam board and then 1/4" ply for the inside?

siena
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tony.latham » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:20 pm

siena wrote:
tony.latham wrote:

Tony
Tony,

I wouldn’t advise metal studs. Do a search on sandwiched walls.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Previous

Return to General Discussion