Newest Newbie

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newest Newbie

Postby GregThePhotographer » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:55 am

Hello trailer folk,
I sure am glad to have found this forum.
A little about me, as my name suggests, I'm a photographer. Not just a day snapper, but a historical
photographer. What is that you might ask? The photography process that I use is from the 19th century.
Glass dry plates, wet plates and so using cameras from the 19th century as well.
Shortly I'll be building my first teardrop trailer for my wife and I. I've already found a ton of really useful information here.
BTW, this is the first form I have ever became a member too. I look forward to reading more and sharing my success and failures along the way of my build.
GregThePhotographer
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Newest Newbie

Postby pchast » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:08 pm

Welcome. :D

As you get to use your trailer,
I hope you could share a little
of your work too.
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:46 pm

So do you use a 4x5 or bigger. I have not heard about that world in a long time. I have gone digital but miss using a 4x5 it was when you took your time and did it right. have you started you trailer?
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby KTM_Guy » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:33 pm

Photography is one of the main reasons we built a teardrop camper. We like we can setup camp take the Jeep to a spot for sunset or Astro photos and come back to camp all set. Can’t do that with a roof top tent. We now will get up before sunrise and drive to a spot we want to shoot at and after the suns up for a few hours head back to camp and make breakfast then pack up and head to a new location. It is nice not having to break camp in the dark. The other nice thing is it is so easy to just stop somewhere and jump in the teardrop to take a nap, real handy those days being up before sunrise. Not to mention catching so z’s in Walmart’s parking lot. :lol: we’ve done that a few times.

I really miss shooting large format film, I shot tons of 4X5, and 8X10, and even some 11X14. I only shoot for fun now when I’m in the mood. I have been shooting digital for years, but just lately am getting tired of how nothing is real anymore. HDR, over saturation. Photo would look better with clouds? No problem just use a custom brush and put them in. It’s something I need to workout. :?

I had a few teachers back in school that were into those old processes from film to printing to building cameras. I wish I would have spent more time learning from them.

Good luck with your build, it is a lot of fun.

Todd
KTM_Guy
500 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves