Gallery of photos of year galleys

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Gallery of photos of year galleys

Postby Pinstriper » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:14 am

I don’t have a galley. I put up a 10x10 and some tables as my outdoor room. I actually have two of the side tents for changing room, toilet room, or guest room, plus walls. With the walls up and my propane heater it makes a dandy hot tent for cold weather camping.

The heater takes 1# bottles and the same 18v batteries I use for my lanterns etc. for ignition and fan. Took my galley tent from the high 20’s to 70F in about 10 minutes.

https://www.ryobitools.com/products/det ... ane-heater

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !
Commas. They save lives.
Pinstriper
Teardrop Master

Postby ricky herbold » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:51 am

Here is what I came up with for my first teardrop build. Very happy with the way it turned out. ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ricky herbold
Teardrop Master

Postby tony.latham » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:03 am

Very happy with the way it turned out.

I think you nailed it. How long is your teardrop?

:thumbsup:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby ricky herbold » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:12 am

tony.latham wrote:
Very happy with the way it turned out.

I think you nailed it. How long is your teardrop?

:thumbsup:

Tony
its 5x10Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ricky herbold
Teardrop Master

Postby tony.latham » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:12 pm

its 5x10

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

T
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby DWT77 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:33 pm

I put two slides in mine. One for 12v fridge and a cooler for drinks

DWT77
The 300 Club

Postby working on it » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:21 pm

Pinstriper wrote:I don’t have a galley. I put up a 10x10 and some tables as my outdoor room. I actually have two of the side tents for changing room, toilet room....

* Like you, I use side-tables, pop-up tents and canopied for sitting area, cooking area, changing and toilet spaces ... I have a galley, but it's not a galley, due to other priorities taking up the space. The first item I installed in the trailer was a 2500 watt generator, to run the 5000 btu A/C I planned to install later. Since the trailer is a 4' x 8' squareback, I put the generator on a swivel platform, mounted on a slide-out, in order to fit inside the 21 inch space allotted for it (I fitted an interior bulkhead at 22 inches forward, which left room for a twin-size mattress in the front). I still envisioned having space left above it for food item storage and a prep space. Until I decided to make the future A/C able to run fully enclosed inside the galley (hatch shut and locked at night, if park power was available).

96778 compact generator (on swivel base that also slides out), 21" deep, 24" wide, 16" high
drip-pan/support, right-angle exhaust boot, insulated ducting routed out thru side-vent

* Fitting the A/C and its' bulky exterior shrouding, ducting, exhaust booster fan, and drip pan/support, took away all of the upper half of the vertical galley space, and half of the upper shelf. That only left me with barely enough room for a cube cooler and space for Aquatainer on the streetside, and space for my Coleman gear on the curbside shelf. Later, I managed to squeeze-in an aluminum fuel tank for the generator, so there's absolutely no room for "galley"-type gear (other than the frozen food in the cube cooler, and the Coleman stove folded-up on the shelf. I carry all my utensils, pots, pans, canned & dry food items, and my small BBQ grill, in storage boxes on my front or side racks.
generator, fuel, & Coleman gear take half of galley space.jpg
generator, fuel, & Coleman gear take half of galley space.jpg (244.35 KiB) Viewed 1050 times

* Though it was the first item installed in my trailer. I've never used the generator at camp, nor the Coleman Northstar lantern (never fueled up ,either) in the corner of the galley. My right-angle A/C exhaust ducting could've been vented directly thru the closed hatch (sealed-box with louvered vent), and the hand-formed A/C drip-pan has never been dripped on, so both features weren't really needed, and could've been eliminated, freeing up 75% of the galley for food prep and storage. So, if I had to build it over again, my galley would actually become a galley.
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Bigwoods » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:22 pm

This is my galley before the props were installed. The only reason the middle door is red is because when my Grand Daughter first saw it she said, "Why don't you paint that door red?" So I did. We have had great times in the Northwoods.

Greg in Northern Minnesota

Bigwoods
500 Club

Postby swoody126 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:28 am

NevadaBlue wrote:
mikeschn wrote:Already been done...

There's this: http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?p=79130#p79130

and this: viewtopic.php?p=1183811#p1183811

Mike...

Unfortunately, photophuket has blurred all the pics. What a shame.

the above named(by NB) site has become the bane of the worldwideinterweb photo world

their proprietizing of folk's photos is quite sad

IMHO folks join forums to share and glean from each other

the old saying about A PICTURE IS WORTH 1000 WORDS is so true here for me

sharing n gleaning with/from others is how i assimilate many of my ideas/projects/dreams

i just perused the old site where there are many wonderful ideas that have been captured in one location butt are not shareable

HOW SAD :-(

YES, a new collection is needed

WTG SLOW ;-)

sw
"we are the people our parents warned us about" jb
swoody126
500 Club

Postby rjgimp » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:13 pm

working on it wrote:The first item I installed in the trailer was a 2500 watt generator, to run the 5000 btu A/C I planned to install later. Since the trailer is a 4' x 8' squareback...

:snow :snow :snow

5000 btu for a 4x8? Holy icebox, Batman! You'll be able to hang sides of beef in there! :thumbsup: :applause:
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Postby bobhenry » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:19 pm

I still like cooking in Chubby best of my 3 tiny tiny trailers.

Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:23 pm

Build picture without the clutter shows the jack knife like storage idea my dear Miss Vickie though up !

Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby NevadaBlue » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:32 pm

That is a classic Bob. I am copying it, sort of. My trailer is a square back, but the cooler and cook stove will be swinging on doors at the rear. Thanks for the inspiration. :)
—-
Ken
NevadaBlue
Teardrop Master

Postby working on it » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:25 pm

rjgimp wrote:
working on it wrote:The first item I installed in the trailer was a 2500 watt generator, to run the 5000 btu A/C I planned to install later. Since the trailer is a 4' x 8' squareback...

:snow :snow :snow

5000 btu for a 4x8? Holy icebox, Batman! You'll be able to hang sides of beef in there! :thumbsup: :applause:

* Texas spring, summer, fall camping all require survival measures (cold drinks, A/C in the trailer). My TTT is un-insulated, so it needs a large 11" fan inside, even if I didn't need the A/C, and the combination has been used to cool meat (prior to the Saturday potluck dinners.

* I bought the smallest, least complicated (manual controls) unit that I could find, an LG 5012J, to install, so I could upgrade easily by enlarging the cut-out for a larger unit. I wasn't sure it would furnish enough cooling! Recent previous experience with an 8000 btu LG made me sure of the quality (Frigidaire was also on the list), and it's worked great for nearly 7 years of usage.
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Sparksalot » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:44 pm

bobhenry wrote:Build picture without the clutter shows the jack knife like storage idea my dear Miss Vickie though up !

That’s awesome.
Holy cow, Rose is a teenager now! Done? Surely you jest. A teardrop is never "done".

The Compass Rose build thread: viewtopic.php?t=23213

Inspiration: http://tnttt.com/Design_Library/Trailer%20for%20Two.htm

It's got a cop motor, a 5.3 LS plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. ~ Elwood Blues
Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Previous

Return to General Discussion