Cell phone photos to the forum

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Cell phone photos to the forum

Postby edgeau » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:23 am

Install the Tapatalk app and post to the forum from there. You get a little + button to choose photos from the phone. No messing about resizing either. It takes care of that.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
edgeau
500 Club

Postby BigDave_185 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:23 am

It’s also worth paying for the add free app. Did that years ago and makes the forum app that much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BigDave_185
The 300 Club

Postby Greg M » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:52 pm

I just quit using Tapatalk because they’re moving to an annual subscription and it’s not worth it for the price.
The best solution would be to upgrade the forum software to the latest version, but that would take time and money on Mike’s part. I’d be happy to chip in for an upgrade.
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby lfhoward » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:05 pm

I uploaded my trailer & Jeep photos to PostImages.org, so that I can easily link to them in my forum posts. I am active on multiple forums, so this gives me a central location. PostImages.org is free and has a long history, so hopefully it will be long-lived. I moved all my photos to there after PhotoBucket started charging exorbitant fees for sharing photos on forums.
My off-road camper build on an M116A3 military chassis:
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=62581
Tow vehicle: 2008 Jeep Liberty with a 4 inch lift.
lfhoward
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby ZColorado » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:42 pm

Or just use the attachment function at the bottom. I posted this from my cell phone.
Attachments
5FFCDCCC-58EA-4B40-9F97-A536EAD10934.jpeg
5FFCDCCC-58EA-4B40-9F97-A536EAD10934.jpeg (685.78 KiB) Viewed 2104 times
ZColorado
Teardrop Advisor

Postby RJ Howell » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:00 pm

Wanda na furtha and get ya self an account on http://imgur.com/?. Welist it still free. Ya, uploads to it, it holds it for ya, till ya wish ta do somin' with it.

Kins tell ya what all da do once ya thar..
RJ Howell
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Modstock » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:11 am

I dont pay for tapatalk. Post pics just fine.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Modstock on Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Modstock
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Modstock » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:33 pm

Sounds like you have some options.
C'mon Slow..... "you can do it" .

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
Modstock
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Squigie » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:47 pm

edgeau wrote:(...)No messing about resizing either. It takes care of that.

...Only if you tell it to, things work as intended, and it actually feels like resizing that day.
Otherwise, you get auto-formatted images displayed in the app, but they aren't actually resized for web browser users (whether on a computer or mobile device).

As I type this, I'm looking at the landscape image posted above. It is only partially displayed on my screen, even in "compact" mode, because of the way the forum crops image boxes. When expanded, it is 2048x1516 pixels.
I'm running a resolution of 1920x1080 (which is native to the display) on my laptop. That means that at no point can I see the entire image, on a computer.
On my phone, I get two choices: 1. A tiny little tumbnail with no details and just a vague representation of the photo. 2. A giant image that will only let me scroll around to see about 5-10% of the image at any given time.

Tapatalk makes things easy for the user. But it doesn't mean it's actually doing it better, or doing things in a way that make things easier for the viewer.

Photos posted to this forum by computer users are generally cropped well and displayed in full.
But I skip right over 95% of Tapatalk uploads, because even trying to view them is just a pain in the butt.

I love seeing people share, and I sometimes want to post from my phone or tablet, too. But when people upload via Tapatalk, I usually don't even bother looking.

So... On to the subject at hand:
How do I upload photos from my phone?
Not easily or conveniently, that's for sure. There used to be some really slick, free, user-friendly apps for photo editing on phones; but it has been quite some time since I've seen anything that is free (or cheap), user-friendly, or easy to use.

1. Upload photo(s) from phone to "cloud". (For me, this is quicker than a direct transfer to a computer.)
2. Get on computer and find said photo(s) in the "cloud."
3. Download said photo(s).
4. Extract the folder, if more than one photo was downloaded.
5. Crop and resize. - I just do this, quick and dirty, with MS Paint, if there are fewer than 3-4 photos. If there are three or more photos getting the same treatment, I use XnView or XnConvert to batch process and edit the photos.
*6. Log in to my website, drill down to the correct directory, and upload the photos.
*7. Go back to the directory and open the images in a new tab, to make sure they uploaded correctly and make it easier to get the URLs.
*8. Go to forum in another tab, if I haven't already. Insert URLs for images.
9. Drink a beer while marveling at how far we've come with technology... :NC

*These steps can be combined into "upload to the forum as an attachment" if I'm in a hurry, or don't want the particular photo(s) on my website.
Squigie
The 300 Club

Postby low277 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:17 pm

I to have struggled to post photos to my gallery or to a thread. :thinking: If someone where to update the how to would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:
NW Minnesota
low277
Donating Member

Return to General Discussion