I Have It!

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

I Have It!

Postby Tomterrific » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:03 am

No test since I'm not that sick. Day three called my Doctor, advice? Stay inside and call if it gets worse. That was yesterday, day three. I am not sure how this disease progresses or how long I'll feel sick. I just hope I'll feel better before I feel worse. Caught in Cumberland Falls, Kentucky lodge eating breakfast. 40 empty tables and they sit us by the only other couple in the dining room and the guy is coughing. Sigh.

I hope everyone else is okay. Hope I'm one of the 80%!
Tt
Tomterrific
500 Club

Re: I Have It!

Postby tony.latham » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:24 am

How long before you felt symptomatic?

Tony

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tomterrific » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:21 pm

Hi Tony, This is day four that I have symtoms. The coughing man was about 12 days ago. Symtoms started about 8 days after. I want everyone to know that I am a real pussy when it comes to colds. As soon as I feel any little touch of disease I rest like I'm dying. I never get really sick. This cv-19 has been wierd but most like a cold. Very light so far for me and I hope it stays that way. I know a bunch of my friends (and my son) denigh they are sick and continue to spread virus but this Covid-19 is too dangerous to do the same. If folks feel even a bit off they have to protect others. I'm staying home for quite a while. My hope is this doesn't last much longer both for me and the world.

Once again, I have not been tested.

Tt
Tomterrific
500 Club

Postby Cosmo » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:07 pm

Tom Best wishes for a quick recovery and self isolation stinks in the spring.

We are fortunate this thing is not more lethal. I had to drill pretty far down into the mortality statistics to start finding consistent deaths. I am not saying that is good news. Just noting it could be much worse. Someone in reasonable health who draws an unlucky card has very good odds they will be OK.

Symptoms https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... -symptoms/
Mortality https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... ographics/

There are many resources for symptom checking. This thing looks a lot like other things. The most reliable symptom for positive seems to be difficulty breathing. I am in a hot spot zone 24 miles west of New York City. If you do not have difficulty breathing, you wont qualify for a test (in my state at this time) even with a fever. There are a number of other illnesses in my area which is confusing things and causing enough worry to float a ship.

I will restate the obvious! Best wishes for a speedy recovery no mater what you have! The odds are heavily weighted in your favor for recovery and many more years of camping. Hey isnt camping self isolation?

=Cosmo

FUN WITH TEARDROP TRAILER VIDEOS
https://www.youtube.com/CosmoWeems/videos

I am an Amazon Associate if you buy from my links I may profit at no cost to you!
Cosmo
The 300 Club

Postby Tomterrific » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:09 pm

Self isolation isn't too bad when I feel like crap. What is bad are those people that are sick but still go out and spread it around because they aren't hospitalized yet. I think that's how I got this.

Thanks for that website Cosmo. My overwhelming symptom is a mild fever. Sometimes it gets worse but not like I've read.

Tt
Tomterrific
500 Club

Postby noseoil » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:37 am

Tom, hope it goes away with minimal consequences.

Can you give us a brief demographic background on your age, relative health & overall condition if it isn't too personal? Rest, drink fluids, take it easy!
Build log: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=60248
The time you spend planning is more important than the time you spend building.........

noseoil
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby tony.latham » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:34 pm

Tom:

Hang in there and keep us posted. :frightened:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby JuneBug » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:35 pm

Other than cycling solo or with my husband and walking in our neighborhood, I've only gone out to grocery shop twice in the last two weeks. Right now I think I'm good for another ten days. My husband is more casual about grocery shopping and goes more often.

A friend just posted this on facebook and I am so grateful, since I fear bringing this illness into my house with the groceries or takeout food. It's a youtube created by a physician on how to safely bring groceries and takeout food into the house.

As more information becomes available on how long COVID 19 can live on various surfaces, it's critical to treat everything with care. Various viruses in the corona virus family can survive freezing temperatures. Microwaving food does kill it.
Sorry for the long link. I can't get the youtube tab in the task bar to work for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjDuwc9 ... qHLOgfG4uc

If this doesn't work, google "effrey VanWingen + PSA Safe Grocery Shopping in COVID-19 Pandemic"

He has updated to note that the virus can live on cardboard for one day (24 hours)

Tom Terrific, sending healing vibes your way. Hope you're on the mend.
"The large print giveth; the small print taketh away" Tom Waits
JuneBug
Donating Member

Postby Tomterrific » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:55 pm

Day 5 is almost over. About the same, low grade fever that comes in waves. One hour I feel like a walk, the next I need to lie down. I can't say I'm getting worse but I'm not getting better.

Interesting. From Ohio's hardest hit area, no or low fever, fatigue and GI problems. No other symptoms.

My crazy neighbor stopped by while I was sitting in the sun this afternoon. He says "It's a hoax!". I noticed he was sick. He went on a rant about his employer asking him to stay home. A super spreader.

Tom, 70yo, slight hypertension, 2.5mg amlodypine for BP and chronic headache. No real health problems.
Tomterrific
500 Club

Postby Dahlia47 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:39 am

I hope you're recovering well. I decided to stay at home. My husband has a slight cough and a bit of congestion. He is considering staying home from work. I work in people's homes. I would hate to give it to my customers. And he doesn't want to spread it to his co-workers. I am hoping its just allergies and not covid 19. Better safe than sorry. Staying home today.

Stay safe everyone
Dahlia47
Teardrop Master

Postby booyah » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:37 am

Hey Tom, been a few days, hope you are still doing well
My build, 5x8 modified benroy "Smiles to go". Started April 2nd 2015, first trip August 2nd 2015.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63145
booyah
The 300 Club

Postby Tomterrific » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:00 pm

It's the second day without feeling bad. Still a cough sometimes. I'll give it one more day and call it done. I hope I did have CV-19 so I can have some immunity. I never got tested so I really don't know what I had.

Thanks for the concern,
Tt
Tomterrific
500 Club

Postby pchast » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:00 pm

Glad its turning for the better for you.
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Return to General Discussion