Utah... is closed.

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Re: Utah... is closed.

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:20 pm

NevadaBlue wrote:Hmmm...

It is ok to poop on the sidewalk in Frisco, but not OK in the woods.

Time for following the constitution and common sense. (In both places)

They have public toilets in most cities that people can use but, again, it's impossible to keep them COVID-free. It's a dilemma.

The governor of CA is trying to pay to put all homeless in shelters and motels, etc. with 3 square meals a day so that they, too, can shelter in place. That may be a good thing or it may backfire...dunno. I'd like to see the homeless go back to the states that they came from so we would only have to deal with our own and not pay for the other roughly 48 (or so) states' homeless, but that's not a possibility either. The homeless come to CA because the climate is so good that they can live here year-round and not freeze or bake to death. Can't blame them for that.

What I wonder is...How can the Federal and State governments have so much money all of a sudden to send out stimulus checks to so many people and to pay for shelters, etc?
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby NevadaBlue » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:24 pm

Money? They (we) don’t have it. They just print it faster. Seriously. We will be lucky to get out of this without going through another ‘great depression’.

I will be lucky to get out of this alive. I’m an old coot who will probably croak if I catch the plague.
—-
Ken
NevadaBlue
Teardrop Master

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:34 pm

NevadaBlue wrote:Money? They (we) don’t have it. They just print it faster. Seriously. We will be lucky to get out of this without going through another ‘great depression’.

I will be lucky to get out of this alive. I’m an old coot who will probably croak if I catch the plague.

Me too! However, when you look at how many have gotten sick compared to the total population, we're doing okay. I just hope the COVID takes a break from infecting people soon. Maybe the warm, dry weather will help with the fight.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby MtnDon » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:19 pm

S. Heisley wrote:In some parks, (not just in Utah) even the outhouses are padlocked. It's impossible to keep a restroom or outhouse COVID-19 free unless someone can disinfect after every person. Can you imagine trying to disinfect and clean the wood grooves in those wooden outhouses?! Who wants to jeopardize their health to clean after each person? If you leave the park open with the restrooms locked, nasty people do their business behind a bush, down a hillside, etc. ...Dangerous and not a pretty picture. And, again, who wants to clean that up? And what about the picnic tables?

Gas stations have a similar problem. The gas station near me goes out every hour and cleans everything, but there are many people that saddle up to the pump between cleanings. We all may need to learn a new way of living life.

We'll have to be patient and wait until everything is researched and known.
...... I'd rather be cautious and patient than be a patient!

:thumbsup:
Our 6x12 deep vee nose cargo trailer camper conversion... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58336

We have a small off grid cabin we built ourselves in the NM mountains; small PV solar system; 624 watts PV, Outback CC & inverter/charger ... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0
MtnDon
2000 Club
2000 Club

Previous

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales