Stabilizer choices

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Stabilizer choices

Postby DoctahDeane » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:09 am

bdosborn wrote:I use the tongue jack to level front to back and blocks under the wheels to level side-to-side.
https://www.amazon.com/Tri-Lynx-00015-Lynx-Levelers-Pack/dp/B0028PJ10K

I cut one of my lynx in half, you'll think that's awesome once you've used them. :D

Bruce

Speaking of front to back, wow, the crank on my tongue jack sometimes seems like a CrossFit workout. I was hoping that it was bolted to the frame like a cargo trailer I had once because that old one was easier and also flipped 90 degrees so completely out of the way when driving. Looks like I could remove/replace the tongue entirely but I'll use this for a while and see how frustrating it is. Seems to wobble a fair amount as I crank it up.
I keep stimulants handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy. W.C.Fields
DoctahDeane
Lifetime member

Postby MatBirch » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:18 pm

OP827 wrote:I made 2 sets of these DIY ~45 degree 2x4s with ratchet straps stabilisers I mentioned above and they work GREAT, a way better than my telescoping stabilisers. The trailer is basically rock solid when 2 sets are setup. I think I will use them instead of the telescoping stabilisers I already have because they just work and actually are easier to setup.

I wound up doing the same. They cost zero, because I had scrap and tie downs, and they work amazing. They are also quicker to setup than the other two types I’ve used. :thumbsup:
MatBirch
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Pmullen503 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:24 pm

DoctahDeane wrote:[

Speaking of front to back, wow, the crank on my tongue jack sometimes seems like a CrossFit workout. I was hoping that it was bolted to the frame like a cargo trailer I had once because that old one was easier and also flipped 90 degrees so completely out of the way when driving. Looks like I could remove/replace the tongue entirely but I'll use this for a while and see how frustrating it is. Seems to wobble a fair amount as I crank it up.

Have you tried disassembling, cleaning, and lubricating your jack? Grease dries out or water gets in and parts start to rust. I did that to mine and regreased everything and it made a huge difference.
Pmullen503
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby DoctahDeane » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:16 am

Pmullen503 wrote:
DoctahDeane wrote:[

Have you tried disassembling, cleaning, and lubricating your jack? Grease dries out or water gets in and parts start to rust. I did that to mine and regreased everything and it made a huge difference.

Good idea, thank you. I'll give that a try, makes a lot of sense.
I keep stimulants handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy. W.C.Fields
DoctahDeane
Lifetime member

Previous

Return to General Discussion