Hi all,Newbie here....

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hi all,Newbie here....

Postby Sierra Ray » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:45 pm

Hi all. Well, I finally got the intestinal fortitude to introduce myself. I'm not good at the keyboard(not to mention the fact that I'm on dialup) so let me say that I think this is a great site for begainners and experianced builders alike. Just take it easy on me Chris and MJ. :)
I first saw a teardrop back in the fiftys at a gas station I used to work in as a kid. I said to myself, self, someday you're going to have one of those! :thumbsup:
Well,I'm retired from Ma Bell now and live in the Eastern Sierra, so as soon as I get rid of mama's to do list I'm starting on my tear(if the list ever ends). I'm planning on a 5X10 and have seen some great work on your site. :applause: I promise photos as I progress.
Thanks in advance for the help on my questions which I have plenty of.
Ray
P.S. What the heck is pickle juice? :?
Perfection...no one is perfect. It's in striving for perfection that the journey lies.
Sierra Ray
Teardrop Builder

Postby Chris C » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:56 pm

Ray,

Really glad to have you on the forum. Don't worry about not being a computer genius.................there are several who certainly are, and even some who think they are, here on the board and they can help you with any computer problem you have. (just don't ask me!) :lol: :frustrated: Oh, by the way, I had to ask about the pickle juice thing myself. It's Chip's deal, so ask him. Crown and pickle juice, Crown and pickle juice, Crown and pickle juice. :picklejuice: :tipsy: Once again, welcome to the forum.
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby edevans » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:11 pm

Ray, Welcome aboard. Plan, Build and go camping but most of all enjoy.Ed
edevans
The 300 Club

Postby Sierra Ray » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:34 am

Thanks Chris and Ed...all I've got right now is an axle and wheels. I'll start on the frame next. BTW I was stationed in Norman when I was 17 years old. And I'm originally from Texas. :lol:
Again Thanks, Ray
Perfection...no one is perfect. It's in striving for perfection that the journey lies.
Sierra Ray
Teardrop Builder

Postby madjack » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:06 am

Welcome Ray...and me, why I am as meek as they come(yeah, right) :D ;) ...it's that madaussie from down under you have to watchout for...or maybe Auntie M :lol:
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Re: Hi all,Newbie here....

Postby Joanne » Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:58 am

Hi Ray,

Glad you found your way here! Can't wait to see progress pictures...that is after momma's HoneyDo list is done. :shock:

Joanne

Sierra Ray wrote:Hi all. Well, I finally got the intestinal fortitude to introduce myself. I'm not good at the keyboard(not to mention the fact that I'm on dialup) so let me say that I think this is a great site for begainners and experianced builders alike. Just take it easy on me Chris and MJ. :)
I first saw a teardrop back in the fiftys at a gas station I used to work in as a kid. I said to myself, self, someday you're going to have one of those! :thumbsup:
Well,I'm retired from Ma Bell now and live in the Eastern Sierra, so as soon as I get rid of mama's to do list I'm starting on my tear(if the list ever ends). I'm planning on a 5X10 and have seen some great work on your site. :applause: I promise photos as I progress.
Thanks in advance for the help on my questions which I have plenty of.
Ray
P.S. What the heck is pickle juice? :?
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby Sonetpro » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:10 am

Welcome Ray, A Telecom guy and a Texan. You can't beat that.
"mama's to do list " doesn't end, So you might as well start now. Just post lot's of pic's. Like Madjack said PaulC gets cranky without them.
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby Chris C » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:31 am

Sierra Ray wrote:BTW I was stationed in Norman when I was 17 years old. And I'm originally from Texas.

You wouldn't know the place now. I lived all my life in Oklahoma City (except during 4 years of military duty) until moving here 7 1/2 years ago and it's changed so much just since I moved here that it's unbelievable. Still a neat little college town, though.
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:41 pm

madjack wrote:Welcome Ray...and me, why I am as meek as they come(yeah, right) :D ;) ...it's that madaussie from down under you have to watchout for...or maybe Auntie M :lol:
madjack 8)

:rofl2: Not me. I'm fine as long as I get my daily fix of pictures, sawdust and the bubble oil doesn't get too low. 8) It's Chris and that Mad Aussie.

Oh yeah, Welcome Ray. We love Newbies.

Aunti M
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Sierra Ray » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:14 am

:D Thanks,all, for your warm welcome. I took some photos of the axle assy with the garage doors closed and the pics came out to dark. :thumbdown:
I'll take some more pics tomorrow and post them. :thumbsup:
Ray
Sierra Ray
Teardrop Builder

Postby jdarkoregon » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:10 am

Ray,

Welcome to the land of Teardrop education and non-sense. By opening up and sharing, you've shown you have the backbone to be here, The hardest step was to start, from here on the whole process gets easier, You might get ribbed some, but YOU can handle, Heck, it won't be long, you will be dishing it out.

Plan, frame, sawdust, Have fun! You'll love the creative process!

Glad to have you around

John :thumbsup:
Innovation is essential
The world can be better
ImageImage
jdarkoregon
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:13 am

Welcome to the forum Ray. Sounds like you have a bunch of things figured out already. :o

Looking forward to watching your build. A stretched slumbercoach should be nice!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby PaulC » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:15 am

G'Day Ray, Guess who? :roll: Plenty of pics will keep you out of trouble with everyone who has posted prior to me. They are just lulling you into a false sense of security :lol:
Welcome on board and keep a wary eye out for Gage. He's the one you really have to watch :twisted:

Cheers
Paul
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves