Teardrop Dreamer is right!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Teardrop Dreamer is right!

Postby Podunkfla » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:41 pm

Holy Cow! It's hot down here... but I'm still riding.:?

Ahhh... Truth in advertising. As you can planely see, I'm an 'ol fart (just turned 60). But I do manage to stay busy. I usually have a number of projects going at any one time; it's just the way I like it. I am single (widowed), so I really don't have anything better to do than build things and play on the computer (I hate television. Don't watch it!). I have been a car & motorcycle nut since I was a kid. I have had and restored a bunch of 'em. Currently I have '77 Firebird - "Smoky & the Bandit" black one and a '73 Olds Delta 88 convertable and two trucks. Plus, four motorcycles (all Hondas). I gave up on Harleys a couple years ago... My '05 VTX has more power, looks dang good, is more reliable and costs ten grand less! It was a no-brainer for me.

I've been wanting to build a teardrop for a couple years now. I have built trailers and overhauled a couple "stand-ups" in the past, but never anything as small as a teardrop. Now I'd like to build a trailer or two... With one being small and light enough to tow with a motorcycle. I plan to start building one in a few weeks or so when the heat gets a little more bearable. I have a couple frames/trailers already, and quite a bit of the supplies I will need too, since I own a cabinet shop (I bought the 2300 sq.ft. house next door 8 years ago to use as a woodworking shop). I have a metal working and welding shop in another building too.

You can tell I'm not married... Not many women would put up with all this stuff! 8)

You can see some of the stuff I built here: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v246/brickspix/

Friend ~ Brick... aka: Lee Brickman
Last edited by Podunkfla on Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
<B>~ Brick
<I>... I've done so much with so little for so long... Now I can do almost anything with nothing! </I></B>
Image...Lots more pix here!
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Postby madjack » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:51 pm

Well Podunkfla, I live just outside Podunkla...we're almost neighbors :D ...that is some goodlooking work you have there...with your skills we expect to see an exceptional TD(no pressure)...anyway, have ya got a real name or do we just call ya PO for short :lol:
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Really now... it's me!

Postby Podunkfla » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:47 am

Ahhh shoot. I just get so used to not using my real name on the web for security reasons, I didn't sign my post. I usually use a "nom de plume" like Amazing Lee Loudfarts or Art Masters... Kind of a play on words 'cause I was a commercial artist for 30 years. :lol:

But my real name is Lee Brickman... Commonly known as "Brick"

Glad ta meet ya Madjack... I'm in Live Oak. Where do you live?
<B>~ Brick
<I>... I've done so much with so little for so long... Now I can do almost anything with nothing! </I></B>
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Postby madjack » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:37 am

Glad to meet you too Brick....I live in the woods inna little town aptly named Pineville (where the state asylum is)...
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Chris C » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:32 am

Welcome to the forum, Brick. Glad to have another woodworker here. Build away. You'll have no trouble whatsoever. Lots of good ideas here to steal....................er, a, incorporate in your build project. :lol: Widowed myself, love woodworking, (my living) so can relate. You already know about posting pics and all that stuff, so just dive in, the water's fine. 8)
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby Gerald_G » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:19 am

Brick - I like your 1100. I have a '78 CX500 shafty myself.

My brother in law rides a 79 - same thing.
Gerald_G
Teardrop Master

Postby kerryd » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:56 pm

Brick , saw your cabinets , there beautiful ! Goodluck Kerry
kerryd
Teardrop Master

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:00 pm

Lee,
Welcome to the adult day care center where we get our fix. I can see that you understand the importance of pictures so I won't nagggggggg. ;)

Your work is lovely. Please feel free to advise at will :worship: There are a few of us with no wood working experience (or very little) :roll: and we really appreciate true craftsmen, and any one else willing to help.

Enjoy
Aunti M
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Thanks for the warm welcome...

Postby Podunkfla » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:19 pm

Aunti M... Kerry... Miriam C... Gerald G... Cris C... Madjack... & others... Thanks for the warm welcome guys & gals... I feel right at home already. I'm glad I lived to enjoy this wondrous Internet thing where people of like minds and interests can get together and share a common bond. I've sure made some real friendships over the web in the last few years. He!!... Maybe one day I'll even find that illusive lady friend that can put up with an eccentric old dude like me on this thing! :D :thumbsup: :applause:
<B>~ Brick
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:58 pm

:lol: There are two of me. :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) Look out world. ;)
Ditto on the internet. Without this site I would never have tried to buiild a TTT much less get on a chat site. It's a wonderful world.

He!!... Maybe one day I'll even find that illusive lady friend that can put up with an eccentric old dude like me on this thing!

There are several single ladies on the forum and most are building thier own teardrops. Perhaps :lady: well stranger thing happen everyday.

Aunti M (Miriam)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby nightmoves44 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:43 pm

Welcome Brick! :thumbsup: Welcome to a great forum.Plenty of great folks in here also(and North of the Mason/Dixon line too!). :lol: :lol: lol jus kiddin y'all.But seriously,there are folks in here as helpful as can be.Armchair advise is freely given,cause they have ran into problems/situations to help us avoid.
I have only been here a short while myself(more lurking & learning,than posting).Just find a topic,read and join in ,bro.
By the way,nice bike,Brick! I gave up on the two wheelers a few years back,went back to four wheels(2 '64 Chevelles,'60 Impala). A man can't have enough toys. :lol: Thought I might as well build a Tear to pull behind on of 'em.
Anyway,sit back,join in,Enjoy!
---Moe---
"don't give up...the best is yet to come"-fortune cookie
nightmoves44
Donating Member

Postby elmo » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:22 am

Welcome aboard Brick!

I'll bite my tongue about Harley stuff! (just got back from Sturgis) I have 3 in the garage, never broke down on about 200,000 miles and never lost a dime on resale on the other 4 I have had. By the way I also have 2 Honda's in there also! :thumbsup: (I love all motorcycles)

I am just finishing up restoring a 1970 Blazer that hopefully will be done by winter so I can start my teardrop. I am building it so I can put the 2 Honda's on the front of it.

Have fun here!

Elmer out
It's scary when you start making the same noises as your coffee maker.
elmo
Donating Member

Postby Podunkfla » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:13 pm

Well Elmo... I do love Harleys... I just like to be able to pay cash for my toys... and 20+ grand is kinda rich for me these days. On the other hand, I am planning on building a custom chopper ala: "Big Dog" with a 127 inch S&S motor and a bunch of parts I have saved over the years. I'm still lookin for a good deal on a chrome springer front end? I'll prolly just have to build my own and have it chromed. I can't see paying over a grand for them either. :shock:

Friend ~ Brick
<B>~ Brick
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Postby JunkMan » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:21 pm

elmo wrote:I'll bite my tongue about Harley stuff! (just got back from Sturgis)
Elmer out

Elmer,

Sorry I didn't have time to visit when you stopped by, I was a little short handed that day (actually was running my a** off all week!). Hope you had a great time at the Rally, maybe we'll hook up some other time (ITG2?).
Jeff & Odie
Black Hills of South Dakota
JunkMan
500 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves