no longer a lurker

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

no longer a lurker

Postby kevin overbay » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:26 am

Good morning everyone.Well, after a couple of weeks of lurking,I've got the nerve to post.I don't have great pc skills,since it still can't help me with my plumbing job.I don't have a digital camera yet,nor do I have a teardrop yet, but I am hooked and have bought a set of plans from kuffel creek.I can't start it as soon as I would like,seems I have to paint the house first :cry: but it is giving me time to think it out.I really appreciate the postings from everyone,which helped me to but the kuffel creek plans,even though it may not end up as a cubby. I really can't wait since the camper would take me to better places to plein air paint,I no longer have my website but paintings can be seen by googling my name.anyways happy camping.(whew! that was alot of 2 finger typing!) :lol:
nature reflects the content of our soul-kevin overbay
kevin overbay
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Arne » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:40 am

Plumbing job? You are so lucky, you now have a reason to go to Sears and have fun shopping.! Shopping is no longer just for women.

Welcome to the insane world of teardropping.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Steve_Cox » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:47 am

Mornin Kevin,

Did the Google, nice art work, and welcome. Hopefully with your artistic talent you will do some teardrop design work. Early on in my teardrop dreaming stage I bought the Kuffle Creek plans, read them and put em in a drawer. It just wasn't what I was after. Next I downloaded the Trailer for Two plans from the 1947 Mechanics Illustrated magazine, and that was my inspiration, I used to keep a copy of those plans on the bedside table and have teardrop dreams.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby larryl » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:57 am

Welcome Kevin:

I also purchased the "Cubby" plans and it helped get us started in the right direction. This was prior to the posting of the generic Benroy.

One suggestion I would make. I had a real difficult time fabricating the doors of the Cubby. If I were building today, I would use a simplier door design.

Larry
larryl
Teardrop Master

Postby madjack » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:22 am

Morning Kev, welcome to the light of our obsessions ;) The Kuffel plans are a good starting point, many have built 'em, many have modified them and many have been inspired by them...you are in a good place...thoroughly hooked but unable to immediately start...that, will give ya some time for plannin', dreamin' and researchin'...spend the time, looking at the Generic Benroy plans and all the different build and photo albums available to ya here...remember a cheap digital camera from Wally World will take a fine pic for publishing here and we just luv da pics....have fun, the ride has just begun..............
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby doug hodder » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:19 pm

Kevin...glad to see you "outed" yourself...welcome aboard...the thing is on plans is that I think most people use them to get a rough idea of what they want...maybe copy the profile, make it wider, or longer......but then outfit the rest out to suit their needs..I'd be surprised if you could find any 2 trailers built the same here...I think that is what really makes it fun...it may be a Benroy/ Cubby/Modernistic or a Kenskill ...but that's only the profile...what you do to it is what makes it you....do what you want!!!...have fun is probably most important.... :thumbsup: Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Sierra Ray » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:08 am

Welcome, Kevin, glad to have you with us. You'll pick up a lot of help here at the adult day care. :lol: :lol:
Like you say, you'll have time to think about what you want to build and build it your way. Kev, we're addicted to pictures, if there's any way you can swing a cheapie digital camera, it'll come in handy. Also helps in case
you see a teardrop on I-10, you can snap a few pics. :)

Ray
P.S. Is there any way you can send me a Rudy's BBQ samitch. :thumbsup:
Perfection...no one is perfect. It's in striving for perfection that the journey lies.
Sierra Ray
Teardrop Builder

Postby KA » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:50 am

Welcome Kevin,
It is nice to have another fellow artist on the forum.
Kris :)
KA
Donating Member

Postby kevin overbay » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:49 pm

Hey thanks for the warm welcome everyone! The cubby plans do give me a closer look but my mind is working overtime on what I want to build.I have learned alot from this forum so far,and appreciate the pic's.and for you madjack,you do good work. and for you ray I'm not allowed to go to Rudy's bbq unless I won't be coming home the same night :oops:
nature reflects the content of our soul-kevin overbay
kevin overbay
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:18 pm

Welcome Keven,
A cheappyyyyy $15 dollar digital from Wally world does most of my pictures. When I need a close up I go to the 35mm and scanner. The camera's are great because they make the pictures small enough to post as is. I usually make them bigger.

Enjoy
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby b.bodemer » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:55 pm

Welcome Kevin,
Doesn't seem like long ago that I lurked and then finally jumped in......to both posting and building. And the good news is my build is almost done.

Enjoy all parts of posting, planning and building your teardrop.
Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:04 pm

Hey Kevin, Welcome to the forum...

Doesn't seem like long ago that I lurked and then finally jumped in......to both posting and building. And the good news is my build is almost done.

Enjoy all parts of posting, planning and building your teardrop.

Oh wait, that's Barb talking...

:o :lol: :o :lol: :o :lol:

But definitely welcome to the forum. Glad you came out of lurking.

Hope you'll find a way to get a digital camera soon. As for the rest, we'll teach you!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves