Found a Source for Circuit Breakers

Anything electric, AC or DC

Found a Source for Circuit Breakers

Postby bdosborn » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:16 pm

I haven't ever seen or used these but here's a source for ATC style circuit breakers. People have asked for a source for something like this a couple of times in the past. It looks like you could use a regular fuse block and mount these circuit breakers in it. Anybody use these before?
Linky
Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:55 pm

BD, I have had similar in the big rigs and they work fine...better than trying to find the proper fuse at 2AM in rhe middle of pohdunk.... http://waytekwire.com/ has similar for a better price and they also have a slick little panel mount pushbutton breaker...WayTek doesn't allow hotlinking so you will haveta goto their home page and enter circuit breaker in the search window...If you have never looked at WayTek, I highly recommend their catalog...great prices and selection
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Dale M. » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:53 am

madjack wrote:BD, I have had similar in the big rigs and they work fine...better than trying to find the proper fuse at 2AM in rhe middle of pohdunk.... http://waytekwire.com/ has similar for a better price and they also have a slick little panel mount pushbutton breaker...WayTek doesn't allow hotlinking so you will haveta goto their home page and enter circuit breaker in the search window...If you have never looked at WayTek, I highly recommend their catalog...great prices and selection
madjack 8)

Also Delcity...

http://www.delcity.net

Dale M.
Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Any statement made by me are strictly my own opinion.
You are free to ignore anything I say if you do not agree.

Dale M.
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby bdosborn » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:49 pm

Circuit breakers aren't the right way to go for me. Fuses react much faster to overcurrent conditions and provide better protection than a circuit breaker. I can't ever seem to remember to disconnect the battery when I work on the electrical system so I need as much protection as I get. Thanks for the link to Waytek though. They have some cool switches that I like a lot.
Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby Maniac H3 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:36 am

Maniac H3
Teardrop Builder

Postby jimqpublic » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:48 pm

Except for my charge line and break controller, I don't like the idea of self-resetting circuit breakers. The charge line I want to open to prevent overtaxing the alternator, and the brake controller I want to reset so that a momentary short doesn't leave me without brakes.

Even on the charge line I have a fuse (rated higher than the breaker) near the battery to protect against a major short. For everything else if there's an overload it probably means a short, and I don't want the circuit breaker to close when it cools off.

Also I'm concerned that the self-resetting circuit breakers probably have a lot more resistance than a fuse. It's just a bimetallic spring making contact.
Jim
2002 Chalet Arrowhead but always wanted a Teardrop
2 kids and a Dear Wife
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimqpublic
jimqpublic
The 300 Club

Return to Electrical Secrets