My AC power panel

Anything electric, AC or DC

My AC power panel

Postby Chuck Craven » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:52 pm

This is my AC power panel.
It is a basic 120V AC power distribution panel.
There is no in coming circuit breaker because it will mainly be used at home when not camping, for charging the battery and loading / unloading the tear.
Not shown is the interconnect power cable 20A ratted. Also their will be an adapter for 15 A / AC supply which has an 15A breaker built in to it. This is when camping at older campgrounds that have not updated their electrical service. I may make a 20 A pig tale with a 20 amp breaker if I find I have to. But that will be done only after the tear is built and if I start camping at state/fed campgrounds that have not been upgraded to the new electrical standard.

Chuck
[/img]
Chuck a new td builder
Chuck Craven
500 Club

Postby Dale M. » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:42 pm

Like the idea of having receptical tester on board and lit as indicator that proper shore power is getting to panel...

Dale
Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Any statement made by me are strictly my own opinion.
You are free to ignore anything I say if you do not agree.

Dale M.
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:04 am

Very nice. Did you make or purchase your panel? :) Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Chuck Craven » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:50 pm

halfdome, Danny wrote:Very nice. Did you make or purchase your panel? :) Danny

The panel is .90 “ aluminum, clear anodized. I did the holes and engraved the panel on a CNC milling machine. The panel was made from some scrap found in the scrap bin.
I have another piece the same size for the DC power panel, which is being worked on now.
All the parts for the panel are from the ACE hardware store exc. the 20A. inlet plug and the two fuse holders. :)

Chuck
Chuck a new td builder
Chuck Craven
500 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:29 pm

Nice job Chuck :thumbsup:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby sjptak » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:57 pm

SWEEEET! Real nice job.
Stan

A tear drop wannabe but
a reasonably small TTT owner
sjptak
Teardrop Master

Postby toypusher » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:06 pm

Chuck,

Have you considered making and selling those things?? Especially one for the 12V side.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Chuck Craven » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:06 pm

toypusher wrote:Chuck,

Have you considered making and selling those things?? Especially one for the 12V side.

Yes!
I think I will be retiring next year! Lets see I have taught my job to the Mexicans, Chinese and now to the Indians. I think sooner or later they will find some one to do my job. If they would have video taped the first time, they could have gotten rid of me long ago. Shush, Shush don’t tell any one! :R

My homemade CNC mill is a little shaky right now. I just built a new motor drive board that will handle the current of the motors. Also rebuilt the motor driver power supply so it can handle the current. So all that is left to do is install the drive board and rework the Z-axis just because I don’t like the whey it is right now. I have been thinking of a hobby biasness to help me keep busy once retired. :twisted:

Chuck
Chuck a new td builder
Chuck Craven
500 Club

Postby Nitetimes » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:56 pm

Chuck Craven wrote:My homemade CNC mill is a little shaky right now.
Chuck

Like to divulge a little more info on this homemade CNC mill? That's something I'd like to hear about. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby Chuck Craven » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:26 pm

Nitetimes wrote:
Chuck Craven wrote:My homemade CNC mill is a little shaky right now.
Chuck

Like to divulge a little more info on this homemade CNC mill? That's something I'd like to hear about. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It is a flat bed beam mill.
The table is ¾” by 21” by 35” aluminum plat. The X-axis has double wide linier bearings on 1” ground hard steel rods. The Y-Axis is 1” rods also but I am using 4” oillite bearing stock. The Z-axis is made out of Delran use a dove tale bit in a router to make the ways. It worked OK when I was using a Dermal motor tool for the power head. The Dermal did not have enough horsepower to do what I wanted. So now I am using a Roto-Zip for the power head. The Z-axis is to light to handle the bigger motor so I am rebuilding it.
I am using stainless steal all threaded rod for the drive line with 200 in oz stepper motors for all thee axis. Designed my own anti-backlash nuts.
I just put together the Hobby CNC control board but have to install it on the mill. A couple of weeks ago I got my 48V 10-amp power supply running. My old controller board is home made, was designed for 120 in oz motors and can’t quite handle the higher current of the new 200 in oz stepper motors.
I use three different software packages first is a drawing package that saves the layout in HPGL file format. Then I use a freeware package for editing the HPGL file.
Third is a freeware HPGL to step and direction driver, which I rewrote for my driver board. Now days there are some nice low cost CAD/CAM software programs that can do the same job. Once my mill is running the way I want it. I will bye a program to replace the make do software I now use. ;)

Chuck
Chuck a new td builder
Chuck Craven
500 Club

Postby M. Olsen » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:49 am

Nice panel! I realy like the design. Can't wait to see the 12 volt panel. Also how about some pics of your home brew CNC machine?
Mike Olsen - Rexburg, ID :^)
M. Olsen
Teardrop Master

Postby Nitetimes » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:44 am

M. Olsen wrote:Nice panel! I realy like the design. Can't wait to see the 12 volt panel. Also how about some pics of your home brew CNC machine?

I'll second that, I'd like to see it too!
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby Chuck Craven » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:28 pm

Well I tried to take some pictures of my mill awhile back but all I got was bright reflection. Aluminum does not take good flash pictures!+ The mill right now is in the darkest corner of my basement. The DC panel is progressing along, by next weekend it should be ready for the mill. Right after that the Z-axis gets pulled apart and rebuilt. Once that is done I will try to take some pictures and post it. :yes:

Chuck
Chuck a new td builder
Chuck Craven
500 Club

Postby tonyj » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:37 pm

Chuck Craven wrote:Well I tried to take some pictures of my mill awhile back but all I got was bright reflection. Aluminum does not take good flash pictures!+ The mill right now is in the darkest corner of my basement. The DC panel is progressing along, by next weekend it should be ready for the mill. Right after that the Z-axis gets pulled apart and rebuilt. Once that is done I will try to take some pictures and post it. :yes:

Chuck

Use bright light to light it up and turn the flash off on the camera. We want to see it!
Still graced with two eyes and ten fingers (due in no small part to luck!).

Just when you think a problem is solved, an uglier result replaces it.

tony
tonyj
Super Lifetime Member

Return to Electrical Secrets