HF Inverter

Anything electric, AC or DC

HF Inverter

Postby Tripmaker » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:58 am

HF has a 1200 watt continuous power 3200 watt peak power inverter on sale with a coupon for $79.99. Anyone have one or know anything about it? Most likely the biggest thing I will run is a coffee maker. I plan on a thermal pot so it can be shut off after it brews. Anyone know anything about the 12V coffee makers that are available? Looks like it takes forever (45 min) to brew a pot of coffee.
Jim

I started with nothing and still have most of it left.
Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby K-1 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:28 am

If coffee is what you want ... an inverter is an expensive way to go not only in original purchase price but also weight and DC to AC inversion wastes a lot of energy.

My Wife uses a pour over filter cone with a thermos. The coffee comes out delicious and is easy to do.

http://www.sweetmarias.com/prod.brewers.shtml Scroll down to the bottom.

You simply boil water ... remove it from the heat until it just quits boiling, place the filter cone over the mouth of a thermos bottle and pour the hot water thru the grinds.

Sweet Maries is where we got ours at and the Zojirushi thermos keeps the coffee hot for at least 18 hours.

The advantage in taste is the HOT water ... coffee is best if made at a temp of around 180 - 200 degrees and most home coffee makers can't get that hot.

A simple pour over filter cone and a thermos is a great way to enjoy coffee :) -Wayne-
K-1
Teardrop Builder

Postby Tripmaker » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:47 am

Sounds like the way to go. I keep forgetting the KISS principal.
Jim

I started with nothing and still have most of it left.
Tripmaker
500 Club

Return to Electrical Secrets