Battery placement Question

Anything electric, AC or DC

Battery placement Question

Postby blk05m6gto » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:05 am

Well everyone it is me again...... I have found all of you people to be a great help. Now for my problem.... I am almost to the point of putting my floor down and am trying to decide on where to put my battery. My options..... 1. place it in a battery box on the toung and put all my electral inside the cabin like the benroy plans show, Run a 8gua power all the way to the back. 2. Buy a toung box and place all my electrical in there including my battery. 3. Place my battery in the gally in the lower compartments. I am also going to put A/C back there so I am not sure how much room i am going to have. I am need of some help and/or ideas. Mabye some pics too..... thankx again for all you help. Bill
blk05m6gto
Teardrop Builder

Re: Battery placement Question

Postby halfdome, Danny » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:01 am

blk05m6gto wrote:Well everyone it is me again...... I have found all of you people to be a great help. Now for my problem.... I am almost to the point of putting my floor down and am trying to decide on where to put my battery. My options..... 1. place it in a battery box on the toung and put all my electral inside the cabin like the benroy plans show, Run a 8gua power all the way to the back. 2. Buy a toung box and place all my electrical in there including my battery. 3. Place my battery in the gally in the lower compartments. I am also going to put A/C back there so I am not sure how much room i am going to have. I am need of some help and/or ideas. Mabye some pics too..... thankx again for all you help. Bill

Bill, any of those ideas would work but you need to consider your weight distribution. I just relocated my battery from the tongue to free up excess tongue weight and to add a second battery. I put them just behind the axle. These are very nice battery trays for a 7" x 10" battery. Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby blk05m6gto » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:05 am

Man that is a nice batt tray. However for me i doubt it will work cause my trailer is so low to the ground. I am thinking that the battery will offste the weight of the A/C. just a thought Bill
blk05m6gto
Teardrop Builder

Postby halfdome, Danny » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:23 am

You would need to allow 10" below your floor for these battery trays. This measurement is for a Costco group 24 deep cycle marine battery. If you insert your battery through the floor with a lid then you could deduct that from the 10". Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby sdtripper2 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:25 am

Here is a thread that addresses battery location. It may be of help.

http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?p=139520
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country
is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards." -------Theodore Roosevelt

Steve
sdtripper2
Search Garoux

Postby bledsoe3 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:26 pm

I built the Generic Benroy and I put my battery in the rear cabinet.
The battery is in a box on the left and the converter is the black box you see on the right.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Return to Electrical Secrets