Air Conditioning FYI

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby asianflava » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:39 pm

Ira wrote:Why the heck does everyone sleep the reverse way like that?

I plan to sleep head to rear, toes to front.


I guess it's a matter of perspective, becaues everyone thinks that you are sleeping the reverse way. :R

No really, the way my trailer is configured, you can't sleep head to rear. The cabinets from the galley come into the cabin and there is only about 18in for your feet.
User avatar
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club
 
Posts: 8410
Images: 45
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:11 am
Location: CO, Longmont

Postby Arne » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:16 pm

We went head to rear because of the dog jumping in and out. Turns out it is good for keeping sand away from our feet as well.

To get a short tear, you need to have feet under cabinets/galley. So, unless you have the galley in the front, you have head to front by definition and design.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
.
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
.
User avatar
Arne
Mr. Subject Line
 
Posts: 5383
Images: 96
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:25 pm
Location: Middletown, CT

Postby PapaJ » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:43 pm

Ira wrote:But a pain in the ass getting out of the store, though:


But Papa, I can't believe you even CONSIDERED putting a 10,000 BTU in there.


A year and a half later, and she STILL thinks I'm nuts.


OK-
1. I went in the middle of the afternoon on Monday and there were very few shopper at that time. I've perfected a "LOOK" when someone asks me about an extededed warranty

2. I already had the 10,000 BTU unit, but it suffered more hurricane damage than I thought so that made the decision a little easier. Did I tell you I was cheap?? :lol:

3. I think all wifes think we're all nuts. If I'm not mistaken, it's in the owner's manual :lol: :lol:
When I die, I want to go quietly in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.
User avatar
PapaJ
Donating Member
 
Posts: 178
Images: 26
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:25 pm
Location: Royal Palm Beach, FL
Top

Postby PapaJ » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:47 pm

stjohn wrote:I put mine on the tongue ,now I'm starting to think it's not such a great idea
Its good idea as far as space goes But its loud next to your head every time it cycles(pretty often) it is disturbing bong :shock: :shock: ten mins.later bong :shock: :shock: to late for me but something for the rest of you to think about :)
Mike



What's all this talk about a disturbing bong???? 8) :lol:
When I die, I want to go quietly in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.
User avatar
PapaJ
Donating Member
 
Posts: 178
Images: 26
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:25 pm
Location: Royal Palm Beach, FL
Top

Postby stjohn » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:53 pm

Not that kind of bong :lol: :lol:
Only he who attempts the ridiculous
Can achieve the impossible
User avatar
stjohn
The 300 Club
 
Posts: 444
Images: 68
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:34 pm
Location: Lake fork Tx.
Top

Postby Arne » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:41 pm

Mine is at the front, my head is at the back, so it is noticeable, but does not blow directly on me nor keep me awake... My next one will have one that sits on the ground and is ducted to the tear. I also want the weight at the back of the trailer, along with battery, microwave, etc. so I can get the axle back further.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
.
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
.
User avatar
Arne
Mr. Subject Line
 
Posts: 5383
Images: 96
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:25 pm
Location: Middletown, CT
Top

Postby Ira » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:10 pm

asianflava wrote: the way my trailer is configured, you can't sleep head to rear. The cabinets from the galley come into the cabin and there is only about 18in for your feet.


Seriously, I'm trying to understand this based on my Cubby design:

When you say only 18 inches for your feet, you mean only 18 inches if you're sleeping head forward, feet to rear...correct? Because EVERYONE'S galley comes into the cabin.

I didn't measure my clearance there, but I think I have a lot more clearance than 18" on the rear end. Maybe it's the Cubby plans, or the way I ignored them, or because I'm a fidget, or because I didn't actually measure it, but...

It seems like this will be no problem for me at all, sleeping head to rear.
Here we go again!
User avatar
Ira
Forum Storyteller
 
Posts: 5652
Images: 118
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:16 pm
Location: South Florida
Top

A/C

Postby stbuch » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:21 pm

We don't have the traditional tear shape but ours is mounted so that it vents through the galley hatch. It does get supercold in no time but I couldn't camp without it in summer down here.

Image

Image


Sherrie
Good grief, isn�t it the weekend yet?
Maybe if I sleep in the camper the week
will pass faster�
User avatar
stbuch
The 300 Club
 
Posts: 312
Images: 92
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:13 am
Location: New Market, Alabama
Top

Postby asianflava » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:56 pm

Ira wrote:
asianflava wrote: the way my trailer is configured, you can't sleep head to rear. The cabinets from the galley come into the cabin and there is only about 18in for your feet.


Seriously, I'm trying to understand this based on my Cubby design:

When you say only 18 inches for your feet, you mean only 18 inches if you're sleeping head forward, feet to rear...correct? Because EVERYONE'S galley comes into the cabin.


Here is a pic of my teardrop cross section. I had to remove one sidewall because the laser confrimed my suspicions that one side was further forward than the other. The bottom is the bulkhead wall that separates the inside from the outside. It's about 24in tall but after the mattress is in, there is only 18in left.
Image

I suppose you could sleep head to rear but why? You have to scooch down every time you have to get up. Plus there isn't much shoulder room if you need to roll over.
User avatar
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club
 
Posts: 8410
Images: 45
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:11 am
Location: CO, Longmont
Top

air conditioner placement

Postby Danny » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:48 am

:roll: placement should be in rear for 2 reasons.first drain hole can be fitted with tube thru floor and unit could be placed in a tray for extra precaution re: tube clogging which they do. 2nd is the noise factor next to head,and the fact that a front mount would freeze you at night,blowing right on your head.
User avatar
Danny
The 300 Club
 
Posts: 333
Images: 108
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:22 pm
Location: Nebraska
Top

Postby Ira » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:44 am

Although I'll be 50 in December, I am already showing the signs of old-age and a blurry mind:

I finally figured out why you guys all sleep head to front and why I keep insisting that my reverse way works fine too:

The mattress.

I don't intend to USE one, and will instead sleep on thin roll-out mats that are stored elsewhere. This way I can better utilize the cabin space (the kids too) when we're NOT sleeping.

The mattress thickness would indeed raise you too high for that overhang sleeping head to rear.

Duh.....
Here we go again!
User avatar
Ira
Forum Storyteller
 
Posts: 5652
Images: 118
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:16 pm
Location: South Florida
Top

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests