Electrical Drawing+ Solar

Anything electric, AC or DC

Electrical Drawing+ Solar

Postby NightCap » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:56 pm

I don't want to change things that work, but I added solar and inverter info to the excellent drawing someone has already done. I think this is how it would look. Please post any errors that I might have made.

P.S. My inverter is fused, but some might not be.

Last edited by NightCap on Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#1 - 100% Done #2 - 100% Done Thinking about #3
NightCap
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby asianflava » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:59 pm

The pic isn't working for me. I also tried to paste the address to the browser and it didn't work either.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby NightCap » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:27 pm

It should work now. I change the pic to my other server. Sorry about that.
NightCap
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Electrical Drawing+ Solar

Postby Joanne » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:39 pm

Hey NightCap,

I did the original drawing using CorelDraw. It was fun making all the lights, radios, fans, batteries and such. It's been through a number of revisions and enhancements to meet people's differing needs. It makes me feel good that folks have used and reused it.

I'd be glad to provide the Corel graphics to anyone who wants them, with the caveat that they don't show up in someone's Ebay plans.

Joanne

NightCap wrote:I don't want to change things that work, but I added solar and inverter info to the excellent drawing someone has already done. I think this is how it would look. Please post any errors that I might have made.

New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Re: Electrical Drawing+ Solar

Postby NightCap » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:56 pm

Joanne wrote:Hey NightCap,

I did the original drawing using CorelDraw. It was fun making all the lights, radios, fans, batteries and such. It's been through a number of revisions and enhancements to meet people's differing needs. It makes me feel good that folks have used and reused it.

I'd be glad to provide the Corel graphics to anyone who wants them, with the caveat that they don't show up in someone's Ebay plans.

Joanne

NightCap wrote:I don't want to change things that work, but I added solar and inverter info to the excellent drawing someone has already done. I think this is how it would look. Please post any errors that I might have made.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm done with the additions I needed. You did a great job with the drawing. I had some trouble getting into my head how to put it all together. Your efforts made it simple for me to see the big picture. Thanks for putting in the work on it. You should put your name on it somewhere with the © symbol on it.
NightCap
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby asianflava » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:36 am

I would put the main fuse right next to the battery, before anything. I also used a DPDT switch so that I could switch the outlets from inverter power to shore power. Also, I didn't use a converter I just draw off the battery with the hopes that the charger will float the battery. I haven't had any problems......yet.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:08 pm

DPDT switch...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby bdosborn » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:32 pm

There's 120V and 12V lines crossing so it looks like they're tied together. I don't know if you can break the lines but it would make it easier to read. Also, why not tie the solar panel at the fuse block? That way it has a fuse and the inverter needs one too. I'm with Rocky, the converter isn't needed if there's a battery charger. Finally, I think the drawing would be a lot clearer if you used different colors for 120V and 12V
Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Return to Electrical Secrets