Undercoating with Valspar

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Undercoating with Valspar

Postby Tim & Lori » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:30 pm

Got some great stuff from Redneck Trailer for undercoating. Talked with several people who have used this and everyone had good things to say about it. Went on with little or no mess. Brushed the corners and edges and used a 3" roller on the open areas.I used the entire gallon which took about 6 or 7 coats, but it is really tuff stuff. Just curious if anyone else has had experience with it? Image
won't be long now....
Tim & Lori
Teardrop Advisor

Postby madjack » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:03 pm

T&L...that looks to be good finish for the bottom...didn't even know that Valspar made a truck bed liner...Valspar is a reputable/known manufacturer so it should be stuff...could you give a price on that gallon...thanks
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Valspar undercoating

Postby Tim & Lori » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:06 am

Redneck's price was about $50 for the gallon. It sounds a little high, but it is great to work with and seems to be really tuff. Fills in the edges between the frame rails and the floor's underside real well.

won't be long now....
Tim & Lori
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Podunkfla » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:17 am

Tim & Lori... I didn't know Valspar made a bed liner product either... Cool. I'v always had good results with their products, same folks that make Rustoleum paint too. That's a great price for a gallon. Heck, I've been wanting to do my truck anyway. I'll have to check with Redneck Trailer & get some. Thanks for the tip. :)
<B>~ Brick
<I>... I've done so much with so little for so long... Now I can do almost anything with nothing! </I></B>
Image...Lots more pix here!
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Postby madjack » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:46 am

T&L, that is a very good price for bedliner...I have seen it near 100 bucks a gallon...from RedNeck huh....... 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Arne » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:17 am

forgetting about the bedliner part, I'd go with asphalt emulsion at $8/gallon, one coat, for the bottom of a tear... It covers well, stays on, does not chip, etc...

There are always more expensive options, but don't see any additional value in this case.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques