Yet another newbie

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Yet another newbie

Postby hotrod » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:15 pm

Howdy all,
Paul here, been a lurker for wayyyyyy to long (over a year) and finally going to get around to building a tear. It will be used mostly for behind a t bucket type street rod but also occasional family car trips, I just cant hack tenting no more. I will hopefully order up my trailer steel next week and start right after new years. My digital camera is broken and I need to replace it, so no pics for now. sorry, I know you are pic nuts! lol Thanks for all the good info and a super site!! Paul, karrie and allison......
Paul
Some people are like slinkys.. not much good for anything but they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs....
hotrod
TILT
TILT

Postby lanego » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:38 pm

Hi and Welcome,
Interested to see how your trailer goes; I can't weld so am using a HF bolt together. Post pics as soon as you get that camera.
L.inRR :pinktear:
lanego
Teardrop Master

Postby PaulC » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:44 pm

Hi Paul,
Cheers Paul :thumbsup:

Oh Oh Another one, lookout everybody :lol:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby gassman » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:09 am

Welcome Paul:
Sounds great; a T-bucket and a Tear!!

We're still slowly working on our Teardrop, and hopefully; by some financial miracle, it will eventually be towed by a Track-T; our preferred next build project. Can't wait to see some pics!!!

Rick and Tracy
gassman
Teardrop Master

Postby hotrod » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:08 pm

Thanks all!
I would have already started on the tear but i had a few engine issues last summer in the hotrod, just getting over that one, got the bill for cylinder head machine work yesterday. Uff da.. Forgive my norwegian., lolol
I like the idea of a 5 ft wide TD but I am having a hard time seeing my T with trailering mirrors. For a few years Ive had this silly pipe dream of driving the mother road and retracing some of my dads footsteps. I cant think of a better way to do it other than in a teardrop behind the wifes air conditioned buick. The design Ive been leaning twards is the "trab" I think it was posted over in the traditional designs page.
Im pretty fortunate to have a decent shop to work in and enough skills to be dangerous. This should be interesting! Paul
Paul
Some people are like slinkys.. not much good for anything but they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs....
hotrod
TILT
TILT

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:58 pm

Welcome out Paul,
Can't wait to see the rod and Tear.
Sure gotta lotta Pauls roun here. :lol:
BTW and scanner works for posting pictures. 8) :twisted:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves