EZ-Up Encore II

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

EZ-Up Encore II

Postby Tear Fan » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:11 am

We just purchased an EZ-Up Encore II with a 600-denier canopy. We got it from the Hut Shop on line, and had it within two days. Initial setup was a breeze, four screws to attach the canopy, then back in the bag. The canopy comes with stakes, roller bag, side curtains, and front and back curtains. The back curtain has a zipper up the middle, and half can be velcroed up to make a door. All sides roll up out of the way when needed.

Here are two pictures of our new canopy. Setup for two people takes about 45 seconds.

Enjoy.

Life is so short, we should all move more slowly. - Thich Nhat Hanh

Photos - http://flickr.com/photos/47726343@N00/
Tear Fan
The 300 Club

Re: EZ-Up Encore II

Postby sid » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:28 am

Nice set-up! In looking at your pictures I see you have mounted a paper towel holder inside your hatch. As a fellow Yoder Toter here, I was wondering how you mounted it. I bought a very nice stainless steel one, but couldn't find a way to secure it. I talked to the guy at the factory, and he said they use aluminum ribs in the hatch and they run vertical, not horizontal, spaced about a foot apart. The wood inside the hatch just seemed too thin to try and screw anything to it.

Anyway, I was wondering what you used to secure it.

Thanks, Mark

Tear Fan wrote:We just purchased an EZ-Up Encore II with a 600-denier canopy. We got it from the Hut Shop on line, and had it within two days. Initial setup was a breeze, four screws to attach the canopy, then back in the bag. The canopy comes with stakes, roller bag, side curtains, and front and back curtains. The back curtain has a zipper up the middle, and half can be velcroed up to make a door. All sides roll up out of the way when needed.

Here are two pictures of our new canopy. Setup for two people takes about 45 seconds.

Enjoy.
sid n side
"If you're going through hell, keep going......" Winston Churchhill

Side by Side - completed October 2008
sid
Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:57 pm

I think I have an Encore II but my canvas doesn't go down the legs. I wonder if that's a new version that keeps the top from riding up the frame.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Tear Fan » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:55 pm

sid -

I used sheet metal screws and the paper towel holder, with its light weight, has yet to pull out. We don't just grab a handful of them and give 'em a yank, so I guess it will stay there. If you go that route, be sure and check where it will be when you close the hatch to avoid any "clearance issues."

asianflava -

The cloth down the legs is secured by a little metal hook on the end of an elastic loop sewn into the cloth. The whole rig seems well made . . . and should be for the price. You might check with the Hut Shop folks for another top if you're interested. They are most friendly.

:cheerswine:

Tear Fan
Life is so short, we should all move more slowly. - Thich Nhat Hanh

Photos - http://flickr.com/photos/47726343@N00/
Tear Fan
The 300 Club

Return to Camping Secrets