Camping shower review

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Bottled Water Shower

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:43 pm

8) Only in California would you get a shower with bottled water!! :)

The shower that was hooked up worked great! You could stay inside it and keep yourself warm while you dried off. And, as far as taking pictures....
:roll:
TDN
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby igofshn » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:50 am

I use a 3 gallon garden sprayer with a kitchen sink spray nozzle attached. Works great. I have never needed all 3 gallons to take my shower. If you want it really hot, just heat the water on the stove before you shower.
igofshn
Teardrop Builder

Postby nubwon » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:33 pm

we bought the Zodi shower setup through walmart online. It is cosiderably cheaper than going to the zodi sight.
clicky thingy for walmart
We also found a shower enclosure at walmart for about $45.00 I think. We never saw one there before, and haven't seen one there since, so I'm not sure if they still carry them. Here is the enclosure
The Zodi worked great. We cut a small hole in the bottom mesh in the enclosure to run the shower hose. Where we were camped at had water so we didn't use the pump and water container. I went to zodi online and got an adaptor to hook it up to a water hose. It was plenty warm . The only drawback for me was the enclosure was a little small, Connie on the other hand had plenty of room. This setup too was a 2 person operation. One to turn on the water and heater, while the other showered.
If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tuff...
nubwon
Teardrop Master

my shower

Postby doitright » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:36 pm

Well here in West Tn there are not many dry campgrounds if any. But we do have a friend that has about 500 acres of land and a large lake that has some good fishing. So we used a old Pepsi syrup tank. We heated water on the stove and mixed the hot water and cold water. I have added a hose from a old kitchen faucet with a spray head. We add air to the tank from a 12 volt tire inflator that I keep in my truck. All buy ourselves we do not have to worry about photos and just use the stars as cover :thumbsup: . It is a great way to end a good day of fishing.
Kevin
1959 rear door Scotty
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

Postby Gaston » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:52 pm

After one of Joanie's massages you could have showered in ice water and river sand and it would have felt good they were great :thumbsup:
The difficult we do now... the impossible takes a little longer
Gaston
Donating Member

Postby clkelley564 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:35 pm

nubwon wrote:we bought the Zodi shower setup through walmart online. It is cosiderably cheaper than going to the zodi sight.
clicky thingy for walmart
We also found a shower enclosure at walmart for about $45.00 I think. We never saw one there before, and haven't seen one there since, so I'm not sure if they still carry them. Here is the enclosure
The Zodi worked great. We cut a small hole in the bottom mesh in the enclosure to run the shower hose. Where we were camped at had water so we didn't use the pump and water container. I went to zodi online and got an adaptor to hook it up to a water hose. It was plenty warm . The only drawback for me was the enclosure was a little small, Connie on the other hand had plenty of room. This setup too was a 2 person operation. One to turn on the water and heater, while the other showered.

Our local Wal-Marts in N Alabama still carry those. They run about $35.00. I havn't used mine as a shower yet, but do use it for my toilet. I usually stay in campgrounds with good shower/restroom houses, but still sometimes set up the enclosure so the walk in the middle of the night and first thing AM isn't so long :roll:

Carol
Carol
MOUSE-KE-T@B
2007 ClamShell #2741
2009 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4.8 V8
http://mouseketab.blogspot.com/ Updated 07/12/2011

http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/album_ ... c_id=13203
clkelley564
Teardrop Master

Postby Juli n Bill » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:38 pm

Just checked out the Walmart online site and they have the shower enclosure online... http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=4726169
Juli n Bill
Teardrop Master

An interesting Coleman shower product

Postby Guy » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:03 pm

Dear All,

Here is a link to a Coleman pump and shower product.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=1795858
Regards,

Guy
Keep on living, laughing, learning and loving.
Guy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Previous

Return to Camping Secrets