Mosquito Screen On Doors

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Mosquito Screen On Doors

Postby Classic Finn » Tue May 01, 2007 6:18 pm

Anyone on the forum here install mosquito screen on the door area besides on the door itself..??

Wife is making us some to install using velcro around the door area so the nice summer evening or day for that matter can be enjoyed ... while the doors are open..

Anyone else have these on their tear?

I think the Camp Inn trailers have some as well.. :thinking:

Classic Finn ;)
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby WarPony » Tue May 01, 2007 6:48 pm

Heikki,

I thought about using Velcro around the doors but I think it will be a PITA to undo and REALLY require alot of work. I know a 1" (25,4cm) doesn't seem like a lot to undo but think about ripping a whole side/sides and bottom up to get out. Then, when you have to get back in............... :x

This subject came up a few years ago. Somebody, I think, had an idea about using those magnetic strips to seal the door up to keep the skeeters out............. maybe I saw it at Minden :thinking: .

I had an idea about using a long zipper and making a zip open screen but never ran with it.

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Classic Finn » Tue May 01, 2007 7:00 pm

WarPony wrote:Heikki,

I thought about using Velcro around the doors but I think it will be a PITA to undo and REALLY require alot of work. I know a 1" (25,4cm) doesn't seem like a lot to undo but think about ripping a whole side/sides and bottom up to get out. Then, when you have to get back in............... :x

This subject came up a few years ago. Somebody, I think, had an idea about using those magnetic strips to seal the door up to keep the skeeters out............. maybe I saw it at Minden :thinking: .

I had an idea about using a long zipper and making a zip open screen but never ran with it.

Jeff

Good Morning Jeff.. :thumbsup: You have a good point there on the velcro.. maybe zippers would be a better choice then.. I have a nice North Face tent and it has an excellent mosquito net on the entry way so thats how we came up with doing such for the tear..

Great to hear from you ..
Classic Finn from the Far Nort. :D

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby WarPony » Tue May 01, 2007 7:28 pm

Classic Finn wrote:.. I have a nice North Face tent and it has an excellent mosquito net on the entry way so thats how we came up with doing such for the tear..

Great to hear from you ..
Classic Finn from the Far Nort. :D

Good to see you back in the mix. Yeah, I like the tent zippers too. I just can't sew worth a $hit so that's why I didn't follow through.

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Juneaudave » Tue May 01, 2007 8:01 pm

I sure like the idea of a screen door. Got some big skeeters hereabout!!! They're big enough, I could probably rig up something with chicken wire fencing and post staples!!! Didn't I see someone's Tear with a screendoor on a past post?
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Boodro » Tue May 01, 2007 8:36 pm

I am in the process of a project for this issue.
I have an old style window pull down(spring loaded roller type) shade & am cutting a big hole in the middle leaving about 4 inches of shade around the edges Then I will secure a fiberglass screen mesh to the inside of the shade .(glue maybe) I will mount the shade brackets above the inside of the door close to the ceiling , then I can pull the shade/screen down with the door open I have a screen. I may cut a pattern of holes to look like a double hung window also. You know with the 6x6 inch panes ? Anyway I guess you could cut any kinda hole you want. I will post some pics when I get it done . Just a thought that didn't hurt too much! :lol:

Anyone ever try this?? :roll:
We are all travelers in this world , from the sweet grass to the packin house , birth till death , we travel between the eternities . ( Robert Duvall as Prentiss Ritter)
Boodro
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Tue May 01, 2007 8:56 pm

Boo Dro you might want to get some magnetic strip for the sides. ;)

Todah has cabinet doors on her galley and a screen that covers the entire galley.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Boodro » Tue May 01, 2007 9:02 pm

The problem there AM is It still needs to rool up around itself for storage. It has to be thin & or flexible. I may try spray glue with a backing made out of the hole material . Thanks. :thinking:
We are all travelers in this world , from the sweet grass to the packin house , birth till death , we travel between the eternities . ( Robert Duvall as Prentiss Ritter)
Boodro
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Gerdo » Tue May 01, 2007 9:54 pm

I'm hoping to build my screen doors on Friday. I post pictures when I do. They will be rigid wood frames that pressure fit into the open door openings.
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

CampInn offers a screen door on their teardrops

Postby Esteban » Wed May 02, 2007 1:15 am

CampInn offers a screen door option on their teardrops. Click on this link http://home.centurytel.net/edevold/accessories.htm then click on Screen Dr. to see pictures of their screen door.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Homemade screen door

Postby Dee Bee » Wed May 02, 2007 7:47 am

Here is an idea....

I used a piece of sheer cloth

I tuck it under the matress, air flows through the entire door, when not in use I just hand it on a hook out of the way.

Simple, low tech, inexpensive, low weight, no problems

Dee Bee
Grace happens...
Dee Bee
500 Club

Postby sid » Wed May 02, 2007 8:36 am

We built removeable screen doors for ours that are held in place with velcro. Works like a charm..... If you look at the last photo, you can compare how much more screen are you have.

sid n side
"If you're going through hell, keep going......" Winston Churchhill

Side by Side - completed October 2008
sid
Donating Member

Postby Cary Winch » Wed May 02, 2007 8:56 am

Heikki,

Umm, your door frames have the provisions for installing our door screens. They pop right on.

Cary
Cary Winch
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Tear Fan » Wed May 02, 2007 11:05 am

And how much are those door screens . . . ?

Tear Fan
Life is so short, we should all move more slowly. - Thich Nhat Hanh

Photos - http://flickr.com/photos/47726343@N00/
Tear Fan
The 300 Club

Postby Classic Finn » Wed May 02, 2007 12:44 pm

:o :o Holy Cats
All the replies really got me motivated now on the skeeto screen, :lol: :lol: There are some great suggestions on this thread...thank you kindly..

Cary - Are my doors much bigger than those on your palaces on wheels? :) or will they still fit? It must be that there is a round sort of flexible rubber moulding in the seams as there is a round channel that goes around the outer edge? And if they fit how much are they ?

hmmmm :thinking: :thinking:

Folks thank you for your replies.
Classic Finn ;)

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Next

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques