Here we go with the electrical

Anything electric, AC or DC

Here we go with the electrical

Postby asianflava » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:18 am

My electrical items arrived today. I probably won't need them for 2 weeks though. The cat would not get out of the picture so I just took it with her in it. I got 100ft of 14ga wire, 100ft of 16ga wire, main fuse (for DC), master switch, marine battery charger, 1200W inverter, LED dome lights, water pump (not pictured), and fuse block (not pictured). My porch lights are on order, I will order the fantastic fan next week. I still have to get some stuff for the AC side but there isn't much to it.

Cat's name is Dalai as in Lama, she's a Himalayan, hence the name.

asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby toypusher » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:27 am

asianflava,

Please let me know, or at least post what the LEDs are like for lighting. Is the color OK or does it distort things, etc. I am really interested in using the LEDs anywhere I can in my tear. Also would like to know where you got the LEDs.

Thanks,
Kerry
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby bdosborn » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:56 pm

toypusher wrote:asianflava,

Please let me know, or at least post what the LEDs are like for lighting. Is the color OK or does it distort things, etc. I am really interested in using the LEDs anywhere I can in my tear. Also would like to know where you got the LEDs.

Thanks,
Kerry

Here's a link for LEDs:
http://www.superbrightleds.com/led_prods.htm

I have some links on my web page for construction and info:
http://home.comcast.net/%7Ebdosborn/tea ... htBar.html
Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:04 pm

I hooked one up to my drill battery to check it out for myself. They are a little bluish, the color temp looks like the 5500K lamps I had on my reef tank. Like the bluish HID lamps on the newer cars. They are not super bright, I'm glad I got 2 for the interior.

I bought the LED dome lights from Boater's World http://tinyurl.com/4zo5a. You have to be careful though because they have some that are red, make shure you get the one that you want.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby bdosborn » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:12 pm

asianflava wrote:I hooked one up to my drill battery to check it out for myself. They are a little bluish, the color temp looks like the 5500K lamps I had on my reef tank. Like the bluish HID lamps on the newer cars. They are not super bright, I'm glad I got 2 for the interior.

I'm interested in this one:
http://www.superbrightleds.com/fit.htm
Its kind of spendy but it has great light output (for an LED) and the color is more like a standard fluorescent light. I agree that LEDs are on the blue side. It might be good to check out an LED flashlight or something before you commit completely to LEDs, if you've never used them before. I plan on using a fluorescent lamp for the galley. I might convert it to an LED later but I think I'll want more light there than the LEDs provide.
Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:59 am

I wasn't too concerned with the output of the dome lights. I was going to install some reading lights in the cabin in addition to the domes. Like a car, it has a dome light for general illumination and reading lights for more focused lighting. These are just so we can see who is hogging up the blankets. ;)

I haven't decided what I want to do for the galley. I want to keep with my LED lighting "theme?" and use 3 or 4 of the light bars from superbrightleds.com. They should provide ample lighting without the annoying radio buzz that fluorescents give. They are a little pricy which is why I'm not getting them till I need them (like when I have a hatch).
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Nitetimes » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:33 pm

Found these on ebay. I think they would be good for reading lights. And at the price they might go for you could mount several of them real cheap. Nice looking lights too.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50437&item=4528645326&rd=1
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Return to Electrical Secrets