Nice Tripod Flashlight

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Nice Tripod Flashlight

Postby halfdome, Danny » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:13 pm

Some time ago I bought the larger version of this flashlight with 6 LED’s and it’s handy but not pocket sized like this one. ImageImage

I saw a Target sale this week for the Stanley MaxLife MiniTripod #95-111 and purchased two of them for the TD and camping. Even though we have overhead reading lights these work better when placed on the shelf behind us. They will shine directly on the page you are reading and won’t disturb the person next to you. Jane has had many book lights and got tired of replacing the halogen bulbs. These use 3 AAA batteries and switch from 1 to 2 or 3 LED’s. When the legs are folded they measure 2" x 6" and are small enough for the pocket. There is another mini that has a key ring but I haven’t seen one work.link
The tripod will come in handy when you need both hands free. For around $15 each I think they are a great value for anyone who camps. :thumbsup: Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby madjack » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:44 pm

Danny, I had seen the larger version before and thought it very cool...but the smaller one is UBER-cool :D ;) ...I might havvta get the wife one
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby apratt » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:55 pm

I have one of those LED lights that is on a headband so you can put onto you hat or on your head. It use 3 triple A batteries that suppose to last upto 50 hours. I like it, it shines where ever my head is facing. Works great outdoors at night and if I am reading a book it can pivot up or down to where I want it to shine.
Arthur,

ASL spoken here
apratt
Gold Donating Member

Postby halfdome, Danny » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:32 pm

apratt wrote:I have one of those LED lights that is on a headband so you can put onto you hat or on your head. It use 3 triple A batteries that suppose to last upto 50 hours. I like it, it shines where ever my head is facing. Works great outdoors at night and if I am reading a book it can pivot up or down to where I want it to shine.

I showed Jane one of those a couple weeks ago and I got a polite no. Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby apratt » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:31 pm

halfdome, Danny wrote:
apratt wrote:I have one of those LED lights that is on a headband so you can put onto you hat or on your head. It use 3 triple A batteries that suppose to last upto 50 hours. I like it, it shines where ever my head is facing. Works great outdoors at night and if I am reading a book it can pivot up or down to where I want it to shine.

I showed Jane one of those a couple weeks ago and I got a polite no. Danny

Yea I am sure they are not for everyone :lol: That is why we have all these different choices :thumbsup:
Arthur,

ASL spoken here
apratt
Gold Donating Member

Return to Camping Secrets