March 8th Progress

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

March 8th Progress

Postby davel » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:04 pm

Got the shore power plug installed.

Started making template for ribs for the hatch. It really isn't that hard is it?
:oops:

Varathaned the countertop. Can start upper galley cabinets tomorrow.

Seems like it's getting slower. Hoping to finish the wiring and start skining the top by Thursday. :worship:

If anyones interested in the timelapses they are at http://www.tearsoftexas.com/Video.htm. I'll have today's updated in a few minutes.
davel
Donating Member

Postby Larwyn » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:26 pm

Dave,

Is that a panel mount male twist lock connetor. Where did you find it? I've been keeping my eye open for such a connector. I have one on my 5th wheel trailer, with marine type protection but best I remember that one cost me a bundle.

It's great that you are getting to work on your tear daily. No way I can do that while working out of town but at least I do get a chance to keep up with what is happening here on the board.
Larwyn

Keeper of the Most Out Of Control Shop (2005)

I feel bad for the man that cannot spell a word more than one way. Mark Twain
Larwyn
Mad Kilted Texan

Postby davel » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:52 pm

Larwyn,

No, the socket is female and I made a pigtail with a male twist lock plug. Got them at Lowes, but saw the Home Depot in Waxahachi yesterday.

I've never seen a male panel mount, that would definetly be handy.
davel
Donating Member

Postby Larwyn » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:13 pm

davel wrote:Larwyn,

No, the socket is female and I made a pigtail with a male twist lock plug. Got them at Lowes, but saw the Home Depot in Waxahachi yesterday.

I've never seen a male panel mount, that would definetly be handy.

The kit I bought for the 5er (from Camping World I believe) included a basic panel mount male twist lock connector along with extensive waterproofing armor and a huge watertight cover. Not too bad for the 5er and ended the procession of ants up the power cord and into my kitchen. But becasue of all the extras, is just too big and industrial looking for the side of my td. It would really be wasteful to buy the whole kit just to use the part that I need but have not seen just the connector for sale anywhere yet. I've been thinking of rigging up my own. I work with electricity daily and just dont feel right using a "widow maker" cord on recreational equipment.
Larwyn

Larwyn
Mad Kilted Texan

Postby Ken A Hood » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:32 pm

Here's what I plan on using. It's only rated for 15A, but I'm only using minimal 120V accessories, A couple 120V outlets, and my IOTA DSL 30A charger/converter and my 30A AC panel. I picked it up on eBay(they're listed as a bass boat battery charger outlets).

ImageImage
Disclaimer: I in no way resemble the avatar shown. Furthermore, I in no way have any affiliation to the Trailer Park Boys and more specifically Bubbles!
Ken A Hood
500 Club

Postby davel » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:42 pm

Larwyn,

Is this what you are talking about, this looks like a lot better way than the way I did it.
http://www.internationalconfig.com/icc6.asp?item=4716-SS
davel
Donating Member

Postby Larwyn » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:47 pm

Ken A Hood wrote:Here's what I plan on using. It's only rated for 15A, but I'm only using minimal 120V accessories, A couple 120V outlets, and my IOTA DSL 30A charger/converter and my 30A AC panel. I picked it up on eBay(they're listed as a bass boat battery charger outlets).

ImageImage

Ken

I saw that same connector in the boating section at Academy recently. It would be an alternative, I like the twist locks because they stay put, but that 15 amp connector has all the other advantages (no wind, water or pest penetration), as long as it meets your load requirements. The price is right and they are easily available. If I have not found a twist lock by the time I get to that point I will probably be using the same connector... :)
Larwyn

Larwyn
Mad Kilted Texan

Postby davel » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:55 pm

davel
Donating Member

Postby Larwyn » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:11 pm

davel wrote:Here's still another plug idea.
http://www.instawares.com/LockingReceptacleL5-15P.253-1124.0.7.htm?trackcode=

Thanks Dave either of the inlets that you posted would work. I would prefer a 20 amp version but you have put me on the right track. I apreciate your help.
Larwyn

Larwyn
Mad Kilted Texan

Return to General Discussion