"Last Gasp" of Summer 2007

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

"Last Gasp" of Summer 2007

Postby Pam Wright » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:00 pm

Hi all~

Well, it's that time!!!! 7 weeks to go.... The weather looks good, the tentative attendee's look like a terrific list... the campgound is in great shape (I was there 2 weeks ago, checking it out!!!) and I'm getting ready!!!

If you are thinking of coming let me know so I have a rough count... If you have questions email me!!!! I have a flyer done and will email it upon request, with all the specifics....

If you do not live here in"God's Country", I would like to personally invite you to come to Colorado, and camp with me! And if you live here, come share this weekend with me!!! We'll have a great time and make some memories!!!

pam
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby Rich S » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:03 pm

My wife and I are planning to be there. We will be in Colorado the week before. We plan on visiting family and friends for a few days and the rest of the week is open. Any info and ideas would be appreciated .
Looking foward to meeting everyone.
Rich ;)
Rich S
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Gerdo » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:19 pm

Pam
Lisha and I are planing on being there. I'm guessing that we will roll in on Friday night and hopefuly stay till mid Sunday. I'm guessing that we are at the same campground as last year but will you forward me a flyer?

Chris
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby enigmak » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:53 am

Pam, we are going to try to make it, but not sure yet. Please send me a flyer.
Dana
enigmak
Teardrop Advisor

Postby enigmak » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:57 am

Pam, I forgot to ask, how are the roads getting to the campground? Our truck is pretty low and can not go over rough roads well. Thanks,
Dana
enigmak
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Pam Wright » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:46 pm

Rich... Would love to see you! just sent you a PM with my email address: [email protected] ....Would be happy to give you lot's of ideas....

Gerdo... Yes, same place... lots of room and excited to see you and Leisha,,,,

Dana... The roads can be a little "rutty" however, if you take it slow and watch it, you should be able to make it We've had all kinds of vehicle's and my brother's full dress Harley make it.... I'm sure the PU will make it too! Can't wait to see you!

pam
Director

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby Catoosa Grani » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:20 pm

Hi Pam, just got home from Colorado. Had a ball and can't wait to come back. Sorry you and Shelly couldn't join us. Would you send me a flyer on the gathering, I never received one. When I get unpacked I will send you the e-mail of the new couple we met from the Royal Gorge area. They are really excited about coming. Any way put us down.

Betty
ImageImage
Catoosa Grani
Gold Donating Member

Postby Pam Wright » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:49 pm

Hi Betty,

Already heard from Lois...and am excited to meet them. Will email the flyer to you at once! Can't wait to see you again!

pam
Director

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

The "Last Gasp" of Summer

Postby Pam Wright » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:20 pm

ONLY 5 WEEKS to go.....!!!!!

Here's an invitation to come to The "Last Gasp" of Summer 2007, held September 27-30, 2007 at Royal Gorge Campground outside of Canon City, CO.... It is sponsored by your friends, The Rocky Mountain
TearJerkers and you are all welcome!!! It is a truly beautiful time of the year among the Pines and Scrub Oak.... We will have a great time and it will be even better if you can join us!!!!

Email me with questions!!!! [email protected]

pam
Director

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby benzu » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:45 pm

Pam,

Becky and I and the kid will be there. Hopefully our tear will be road worthy by then, but if it's not we are still in, we will just do tent camping. We plan on coming late Friday and stay till Sunday morning we have to head up to Vail by 3:00 pm Sunday for a wedding. Please send me a flyer.

Mike
benzu
Teardrop Master

Postby NutmegJoe » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:07 pm

I'll be coming Friday after work and staying until Sunday too. I'm very excited...I didn't have a tear last time and spent my whole day bugging everyone and asking questions and crawling in their tears. And, it looks like there's going to be bunches more people this time. Yea! :applause:
Shelly
--------------
"Do what you like,
Like what you do"

NutmegJoe
Gold Donating Member

Postby Pam Wright » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:43 pm

WOO!!!HOO!!!! 3 weeks to go..... I am getting so jazzed!!!! You still have time to ask for time off.... Stash the gas money... Arrange the trip!!! We are going to enjoy the beautiful Colorado Rocky Mountains.....

For all Rocky Mountain TearJerkers and all lovers of anything Teardrop!!!! Come on down!!! Email me for specifics or questions!!!

pam
Director

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Last Gasp Information

Postby George T. » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:27 am

Last Gasp of Summer Gathering

When:
September 27th, 28th, 29th &30th 2007

Where:
Royal Gorge Campground Canon City, CO

For those that have GPS units, the coordinates for the campground are
N 38° 27.916 W 105° 17.510

This campground is City owned, therefore, no cost, it is PRIMITIVE!
There are 2 Pit toilets and no water. This is a “true” camping experience in our tears… There is plenty of room for tents for non-teardrop owners. There is a KOA about 4 miles away for those who need cabins, or amenities. We will have to bring in firewood; there are fire pits and hopefully, depending on the weather, NO fire ban. There are 2 pavilions with 2 concrete tables in each. Additional tables can be put up outside of the pavilions. Bring your chairs too!

It will be cool to cold at night, bring extra blankets, heaters or what you may need to have a comfortable night! Stores are few and far between and prices a little higher than in town. Stock up…

Map to Royal Gorge:
http://www.royalgorgebridge.com/Directions.aspx

Follow the signs from Highway 50 towards The Royal Gorge Bridge & Park. Once past Buckskin Joes, the road will climb through some tight curves. You will encounter a tight hairpin curve that climbs to the left. After the curve, at the top of the hill, you will see a picnic area to your left, THIS IS NOT IT!

A little further on your left will be a dirt road. Take it and follow signs to the campground. We will have some sort of markers with red/white/blue streamers installed to help you find your way. The road is passable for two-wheel drive, however, may have some ruts. Watch for signs and be prepared for an awesome “Colorado style” camping experience!
We’ll do a pot luck supper Saturday night and I know a few guys are already packing up their dutch ovens… Come up, let’s have some fun!
There are some amazing things to see and do in the area, The Royal Gorge, the Arkansas River, hiking, biking, white water rafting and for more info: http://www.canoncitychamber.com

For a satellite view of the site: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=royal+gorge+bridge&ie=UTF8&sll=37.062500,-95.677068&sspn=23.875000,57.630033&cid=37062500,-95677068,16315786063756104049&li=lmd&t=h&z=16&ll=38.464762,-105.292572&spn=0.007073,0.013111&om=1
George T.
Teardrop Master

Postby Pam Wright » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:34 pm

16 days!!!! YIKES!!!! so much to do!!!! Look at your calendars... ask the boss for time off.... round up some firewood.... pack the teardrop.... plan the route.... get gas.....

Come to the "Last Gasp" of Summer 2007!!!!!!

So many friends, old and new are coming together.... Come on.... Join us!!!

pam
Director

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby Gerdo » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:08 pm

Pam
Great job promoting this campout.
Gerdo
1000 Club