Salamonie Gathering near Huntington, IN

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby Tripmaker » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:37 am

Kurt (Indiana) wrote:Jim, that is Madison in August for the Blues fest. :thumbsup:

I need to get a Waffle House cup, but I want one from the "Southern" waffle houses. They have more grease on them. I guess you could say that they are "Seasoned" better. :thinking:

My son returned from a trip to Alabama with a gift for me of one Waffle House mug that he purchased. That is like buying someone a car with one wheel so on a trip I made to Florida I purchased three more. I now have a complete set of 4 mugs. Unfortunately they were new and didn't come pre-seasoned. For anyone interested you can also buy a Waffle House CD with early R&R style tunes with Waffle House lyrics. Visit the Waffle House website for additional information. :thumbsup:
Jim

I started with nothing and still have most of it left.
Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:31 pm

Breakfast Saturday: Waffles and sausage/bacon, eggs
Breakfast Sunday: Bisuits and Gravy, scrambled eggs

Hot Coffee and Juice.

Late campfire dinner:
Friday Fire Pie night -
Sour Dough cheese and salami/ham pies, Brats & Dogs in the irons, grilled cheese w/ tomato (yum) You make it and some one will eat it.
Desert: Smores in the fire irons.

We could even do Grilled or DO pizza.

Saturday campfire dinner: Ham/Bean soup, corn bread, hot dogs, etc.

Wash this all down with your favorite beverage.

Anything goes for campfire dinners. Scott's desert in the DO sounds really good too.

Jarred's ice cream will add to the fun. :applause:

It's not too late to get your "pie iron" for the Friday "pie Iron" cook out. Here is a link for stores and prices.
http://www.pieiron.com/
http://www.pieiron.com/recipes.htm
Last edited by Kurt (Indiana) on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Jst83 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:03 pm

Kurt (Indiana) wrote:
It's not too late to get your "pie iron" for the Friday "pie Iron" cook out. Here is a link for stores and prices.
http://www.pieiron.com/
http://www.pieiron.com/recipes.htm

Got my double pie iron at Dicks need to get a couple more
I checked Gander Mtn. they carry the same Rome brand but Dicks is cheaper. Walmart carries them but it's worth going to a sporting goods and get a cast iron one for only a couple dollars more
My double cast iron cost exactly twice what the single aluminium one did at Wally world (Just the opinions of this author)

But who's counting

ME
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Pie Iron!!!!

Postby Luckey » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:17 pm

Well guys, just got home from work, well Dunhams, and we just bought a double pie iron! I am so stoked!!! Also found a small wafle maker, but maybe next week we can buy that! Alot of bills goin out this week.... :(
I have found a sweet dutch oven that i would love to buy, but it'll come in time!!!!! I've got a lil bit of work on the woody before we show ya'll. I'm nervous about what ya'll think about it... I've been coming up with all kinds of ideas for it. But that stuff can wait. Just needs to be presentable(spelling?) Well guys I need to go. Have a great night!

Jarred :thumbsup:
Luckey
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:22 pm

Jarred, relax and have fun with the teardrop. These things are in all stages of development, retro-fit and assembly. :applause: The fact that you own one is plenty good enough. :thumbsup: I've had mine for six years and I'm still changing things (and adding things). :thinking:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Thanks

Postby Luckey » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:27 pm

Kurt,
Thanks for the advice. We have have so much fun with ours. We towed it and two of the dogs to Missourri(sp) for our honeymoon. I love thinking about working on different things. It means alot ot us , and alilttle more to me because my grandpa and I put our heads together to build it. He is a big influence in my life! And now Misty and I ,more her, decorate it. So we are both happy with it so far.

Jarred
Luckey
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Pie Iron!!!!

Postby Jst83 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:28 pm

Luckey wrote:I've got a lil bit of work on the woody before we show ya'll. I'm nervous about what ya'll think about it... I've been coming up with all kinds of ideas for it. But that stuff can wait. Just needs to be presentable(spelling?) Well guys I need to go. Have a great night!
Jarred :thumbsup:

:D that sounds so familular, I felt the same way when I first pulled mine to Turky Run in May I had no galley, You could see through to the inside :lol:
I had no trim inside. But it was a blast and nobody cared.

:oops: Now I'm showing it again 5 months later and I've done next to nothing to it but start redoing the inside. I still have no Galley

Don't worry I'm sure it looks fine
Can't wait to meet you and every one else.

Did you get a good deal on your pie iron? I need to get another one and I think I'm going to get the Hotdog pie iron for my 3 year olds
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Pie Iron

Postby Luckey » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:35 pm

Yeah it wasn't bad i got it for 19.99, but i found it cheaper on the internet. After shipping abd handleing it would be more so Misty told me to get it there so we can season it this weekend. The hot dog iron were 17.99 at dunhams. Back to the drop, it's been in the works for a lil over three years. Yeah we can't wait to meet ya'll too! Does your boys like dogs? Were only bringing one, our boxer Daize, my mom is watching one and Misty's is watching the other. For our first gathering we decided to bring the best one. She loves to camp and she's my girl.. lol they are our kids i do have to admit.

Jarred
Luckey
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Pie Iron

Postby Jst83 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:03 pm

Luckey wrote:Does your boys like dogs? Were only bringing one, our boxer Daize, my mom is watching one and Misty's is watching the other. For our first gathering we decided to bring the best one. She loves to camp and she's my girl.. lol they are our kids i do have to admit.

Jarred

There 3 that's the one thing they are sure to eat. It's there first time, should be interesting 2 adults and two kids in a teardrop. The older one gets to sleep in a tent with his cousins. I'm having just a regular family reunion that weekend. :lol:
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

sorry

Postby Luckey » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:23 pm

scott,
I don't know if you caught it or not, i guess i didn't word that right. We have three dogs as pets, but we treat them like or kids. I guess we treat them so much I worded it wrong..LOL sorry about that. I was wondering if ya'll are sleeping in the camper. that should be an interesting couple nights.

Jarred 8)
Luckey
Teardrop Advisor

Re: sorry

Postby Jst83 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:33 am

Luckey wrote:scott,
I don't know if you caught it or not, i guess i didn't word that right. We have three dogs as pets, but we treat them like or kids. I guess we treat them so much I worded it wrong..LOL sorry about that. I was wondering if ya'll are sleeping in the camper. that should be an interesting couple nights.

Jarred 8)

:lol: I caught that, I thought you were thinking I was bringing my pets. Sometimes they act like dogs, cats and other misc. animals.
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:52 am

Corn Dog recipe for the "Pie Iron". This sounds like it's worth a try. ;)

Use the Dog & Brat Iron and Corn bread mix. Put some batter in the iron then place the dogs in on top. Cover with batter, close the iron and cook slowly.

I'll try this today. Why wait??? :thinking:

Update 11:45 am. The corn bread mix takes a long time to cook. The corn bread is still cooking. I got too hungry, the hot dogs smelled so good, I ate them. :oops: I'll try again later. :lol:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Hey Kurt

Postby Luckey » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:27 pm

I was just wondering, do u live on Bethleham(spelling?)? The reason I ask is that my grandpa seen an all alum. one and told me about it. Just wondering if it was yours or not. I don't mean to nib nose or anything. Thanks,

Jarred :)
Luckey
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Hey Kurt

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:48 pm

Luckey wrote:I was just wondering, do u live on Bethleham(spelling?)? The reason I ask is that my grandpa seen an all alum. one and told me about it. Just wondering if it was yours or not. I don't mean to nib nose or anything. Thanks,

Jarred :)

Jarred, I live north of Marion on Rt 15. about 3 1/2 miles out. There must be another teardrop around town. You should check it out. :thinking:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Jst83 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:24 pm

Ummmm I tried the apple cobler whatever it's called, I did it in the oven
Man it was good hope it turns out as good doing it with coals. Guess we'll see

Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

PreviousNext