Sliding windows with screens?

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Sliding windows with screens?

Postby The R/C Man » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:35 am

Hi Everyone!

I am going to start building a 4x8 pretty soon and I am having trouble finding sliding tinted windows with screens. Does anyone have a link to where I can purchase them? Thanks!
Greg

Over time science has shown that the simplest answers are usually the correct ones.......
The R/C Man
Teardrop Master

Postby Endo » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:52 am

Try www.redneck-trailer.com They should have what you need.
Last edited by Endo on Wed May 04, 2005 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brad (aka Endo)
ImageImage Image
In God We Trust
Endo
500 Club

Postby The R/C Man » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:15 am

Thanks! That was exactly what I was looking for..... :thumbsup:
Greg

Over time science has shown that the simplest answers are usually the correct ones.......
The R/C Man
Teardrop Master

Postby norm perkiss » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:40 am

RC,
Southern Cal Teardrops offer a nice window and other parts. Good people there, will answer questions and ship quickly.
Norm
So.Cal parts page...
http://www.socalteardrops.com/shoponline.html
norm perkiss
Gold Donating Member

Postby The R/C Man » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:25 am

Great Link!

Thanks Norm!
Greg

The R/C Man
Teardrop Master

Postby madjack » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:13 am

...if you don't have a Redneck dealer near you, try http://www.tjtrailers.com/store/trailer ... html#10238 I used the 24x15 tinted sliders w/screen and locks, seems like they were $56 each. They are a very good unit. We used our own mounting system as the clamp system available from them was not what we were looking for. These windows were drop shipped from Redneck Trailer Supply

madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby bdosborn » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:38 pm

madjack wrote:We used our own mounting system as the clamp system available from them was not what we were looking for. These windows were drop shipped from Redneck Trailer Supply
madjack 8)

I've got the same windows. Got any pictures of what you did? It won't be long untill I'll be installing windows and I'm pretty sure that my doors will be too thick for the clamp system that I got with mine.
Thanks,
Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby The R/C Man » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:50 pm

Thanks madjack!

I drew up a design of what I want to build but I can't figure out how to insert a picture. Is it possible or do I need to link it?
Greg

The R/C Man
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:12 pm

You can upload the photos to your album... album->your personal album->upload pic

Then paste the url to the pic in your message. Hilight the url, and hit the Img button above...

It's easy enough!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby madjack » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:41 pm

bdosborn wrote:
madjack wrote:We used our own mounting system as the clamp system available from them was not what we were looking for. These windows were drop shipped from Redneck Trailer Supply
madjack 8)

I've got the same windows. Got any pictures of what you did? It won't be long untill I'll be installing windows and I'm pretty sure that my doors will be too thick for the clamp system that I got with mine.
Thanks,
Bruce

...Bruce, it's not finished yet but we made the cutout tight and will use auto windsheild sealant(evil black stuff) behind the flange, insert into hole, use 6/8 black pan head screws thru flange/aluminum into door. This will give you a nice flush finish on the out side. On the inside, we plan on using a vinyl lip guard(1/2x1/8 ) around the opening, giving a nice finished/flush appearance
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby emiller » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:04 pm

8) My first set I bought from a RV salvage yard and second set I ordered from So Cal Teardrops and were very friendly and shipped out that very day.
emiller
Donating Member

Postby The R/C Man » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:13 pm

Thanks Guys!

Here is what I want to do......

The gray lines are for the shelving. Actual placement will be determined after I purchase the A/C car stereo/speakers and DC cooler.....
Let me know what you guys think.
Greg

The R/C Man
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:19 pm

The R/C Man wrote:Let me know what you guys think.

I think you need 5 spoke wheels... Those 4 spoke wheels just don't cut it! :lol:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby The R/C Man » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:25 pm

:o :lol:

The wife and decided we didn't need a galley. The idea is to have a little more room inside and a place to keep our clothes.... The trailer is a Fred Meyers 4x8.... Not much room but I don't want to spring for another trailer. I have considered widening this one to 5' though.....
Greg

The R/C Man
Teardrop Master

Postby lmh222 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:10 pm

I bought my windows from JC Whitney - they're Kehr brand windows (I called JC Whitney to confirm the brand) priced between $70 and $100 each Every other supplier that I found for these was at least double that price! I noticed great prices in one of the links above but I thought I'd include this one also JIC.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Sear ... ogId=10101
The difference between being involved and being commited is like eggs and bacon - the chicken was involved but the pig was commited.

http://www.teardrop.myphotoalbum.com
lmh222
Teardrop Advisor

Next

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques