Kelty Binto Bar

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Kelty Binto Bar

Postby CPASPARKS » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:08 pm

I ran across this today.

http://www.outlawcamping.com/store-products-22070023-Kelty-Binto-Bar_36863731.html

Kelty Binto Bar Clicky
Does anybody own one or seen one?
Kevin
CPASPARKS
The 300 Club

Postby cherokeegeorge » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:00 pm

I saw one at sports chalet, they look good and I think they had 3 different sizes. I can't imagine what I would use it for yet I stood there checking them out for 15 minutes.
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby Tear Fan » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:38 pm

We've got one of those . . . it's called a galley!!! :lol:

Tear Fan
Life is so short, we should all move more slowly. - Thich Nhat Hanh

Photos - http://flickr.com/photos/47726343@N00/
Tear Fan
The 300 Club

Postby raprap » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:13 pm

Always thought a patrol box in a galley space would fit a lot of bills

and

After all they are effectively a galley that can be separated and most are designed to be constructed from a single sheet of plywood.

BTW these can be found here Two partol boxes from the
Scoutmaster page

Rap
Kentucky Pool Made a Fool out of me.
Instead of Tennessee River it looks like I'm headed to the deep blue sea.

JHartford
raprap
Teardrop Master

Postby Wimperdink » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:53 pm

I don't believe i've ever seen such a beast. I love the idea and it really opens up the possibilities for the way I had intended to build in the first place. (wanted an open back for loading a scooter).

Thanks for sharing. I like it
Image You know a man is on the level if his bubble is in the middle.
Wimperdink
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby pathdoc2 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:58 am

My dad and I built one of those in 1978 or so for my scout troop. I bet its still in service.
pathdoc2
Teardrop Builder

Postby PanelDeland » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:52 am

My Dad built a Patrol box/galley in the 60's.It was built of ply and had dividers etc. for the camp cookgear and staple supplies.It was designed for the type of camping we did at the time which usually meant car camping at the lake.It would be a great Idea for those who build galleyless teardrops since it was sized to fit in the back of the station wagon.It could be sized for a small or large SUV and handles attached to the sides(like ours) so it could easily be removed between trips or to set on the table at a campsite(maybe legs).It would also work well for tailgating.In fact the "door"opened on the tailgate to make a table/prep area.
"I know the voices in my head aren't real,but they have some really good Ideas!"
PanelDeland
Teardrop Master

Postby JustBob » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:48 am

I know this is an old post, but that is setup like my patrol box, and I think I will have to look into this for my ultralight build for the motorcycle instead of a wood one. Would save a lot of weight.
JustBob
Teardrop Inspector

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:50 pm

Hi, Kevin:

That is clever! This is a great idea for people who don't have fancy cabinetry in their teardrops. While the Kelly Binto Box may not be something that every teardropper would want or need, the idea of it is very valuable. :thumbsup:

This provided example reminds us that using straps, mesh and tafeta to make separate compartments and to hold things upright during travel is especially helpful if someone is trying to save weight in any area of their trailer. I have a hunch that the picture alone will be enough for some people to grab hold of the idea and run with it!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Full circle...

Postby OzarkWonder » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:35 pm

I have one of these patrol boxes that I built for car camping in the early 80's. It was getting too heavy for me to carry and so I was going to build a trailer to put it on. I searched for tiny trailers, found this forum and now I have built a teardrop.

One of the requirements of my galley was it had to hold everything my patrol box had. It does that plus plenty more.

BTW, I made my galley removeable, but not easily removeable, like for loading a scooter, more like needing the trailer to haul 4 x 8 material.
- Kenton
OzarkWonder
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Camping Secrets