What name did you give your trailer and why

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

List under poll your trailer name and why you called it that

The name just came to me.
45%
It is one of my fravorite words
4%
someone else named it.
9%
what is in a name it is just a trailer
5%
it was something out of my childhood
4%
a family name or word
6%
it told me ( don't tell anyone)
10%
it is a long story .....
8%
don't ask and I will not tell.
2%
The Kids named it.
2%
I do not know .... Sorry....
7%

Total votes : 192

Postby toypusher » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:00 am

swissarmygirl wrote:I still can't figure out a name, or decide on a theme for that matter. I kept reading everyone else's answers saying, "dammit, why didn't I think of that?"
I'm sure something will come to me eventually. I may have to gather all my ideas and post a poll and let you guys decide. :lol:

Maybe 'Dammit' should be it for your teardrop!! :lol:
Last edited by toypusher on Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby bobhenry » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:45 am

swissarmygirl wrote:I still can't figure out a name, or decide on a theme for that matter. I kept reading everyone else's answers saying, "dammit, why didn't I think of that?"
I'm sure something will come to me eventually. I may have to gather all my ideas and post a poll and let you guys decide. :lol:

Put that collection to work. Pez cabinet handles. pez party lights and there you have a theme THE PEZ PALACE
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby TENNJIM » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:47 pm

My daughter took one look at it and said that the only thing I can get in it is my butt. So, it proudly and affectionately was named "BUTTHUT".
I have a plate on the back with the name on it, and we have received a little bit of notoreity :R from the different gatherings.
8)
Jim B / Utah
Most People Seem Normal Until You Really Get To Know Them!
Never mind what people say, I think those Saguaros are shooting us the finger!
72.68% Of All Statistics Are Made Up!
TENNJIM
Palladium Donating Member

Postby Ivar the Red » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:11 pm

I'm gonna go with "The Tiki Tear". The wify is in charge of decorating, and it will get Hawaiian touches with the linens and what nots, and I may put in an achatectual(sp) thing or two. :thinking:
Johnny
BUILD THREAD
Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. - Vince Lombardi
ImageImageImage
Ivar the Red
HOME RUN TILT

Postby Woodyperk6 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:28 pm

The Squeeze Inn
Woody & Tammy

One day closer.
Woodyperk6
Platinum Donating Member

Postby satch » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:24 pm

No official name yet, right now, it's just a pile of crap... hey "satch crap", nawww :lol:
If it itches. scratch it
Rick
satch
Donating Member

Postby urbanironaz » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:10 am

I'm in the middle of a build and using alum skin so I am calling it the "TIN-TANIC"
urbanironaz
Teardrop Inspector

Postby swissarmygirl » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:43 am

bobhenry wrote:

Put that collection to work. Pez cabinet handles. pez party lights and there you have a theme THE PEZ PALACE

I like to keep my obsessions far away from each other. Teardrop+Pez=Worlds Collide! Sounds like trouble to me....but I do like your vision.
:lol:
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." - Albert Einstein

4 Hats Studio
swissarmygirl
Donating Member

Postby swissarmygirl » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:46 am

toypusher wrote:

Maybe 'Dammit' should be it for your teardrop!! :lol:

The Dammit

:thinking:

I'll put it on the list.

:lol:
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." - Albert Einstein

4 Hats Studio
swissarmygirl
Donating Member

Postby wanders » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:05 pm

We are the people who bought Jim & Judy Marshall's "Vol-N-Tear"

After much argument and an unsuccessful contest for friends and relatives to help name it, inspiration came to my wife.

"Vol-N-Tear" is now "Pied-A Tear!!!! Take off on pied a terre, or a second home in French.
Wally & Cathi

Director- Old Dominion Tearjerkers

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Postby Joe G » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:18 pm

Haven't built it yet, but the plan is to make the outside look like one of those huge luxury motor coaches, with faux painted fluted stainless down low, and some fancy wispy multi-colored stripes on a solid background above that.
Something like this:

The top of the line bus manufacturer for these mega-motor coaches is Prevost.

I'm calling my "luxury" teardrop the "Weevost" :lol:

Joe G.
Joe G
500 Club

Lil' Caj-Inn

Postby Eddielbs » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:59 pm

I just couldn't help myself... ':D'

"Some Minds are like cement, A grey matter that is thoroughly mixed up and permanently set."
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby Roly Nelson » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:45 pm

Half-Nelson Woody, spent 1/2 of my time sketching and changing design and since the family name is Nelson, the wrestling hold "1/2 Nelson" just seemed to fit. Also, the next smaller one, of course had to be called the 1/4 Nelson and the Kenskill Standy is now the Full Nelson. An 1/8th Nelson is on the drawing board, as we speak........er type.
Roly :thinking:
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby dguff » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:11 pm

The latest one is the "Guffman". It started out as a somewhat modified Grumman II, but enough different that it really is not a Grumman. So I just modified the name with part of my own (Guff) and it became the Guffman.

Jerome
Jerome

2008 Guffman
dguff
Platinum Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:13 pm

Mine is The Jewel Box.

When I was a kind, and CB's were popular my dad had one and I was "Little Jewel" the last several years I've used the email address and here "Oklahoma Jewel" .

I collect gingerbread and originally was going to have mine as the BREDBOX and incorporated the gingerbread boys & girls, maybe even paint a Hansel &Gretel candy house on the side. Then coming home from a campout , The Jewel Box dawned on me. Like a ring box , and all the "bling bling" ideas started. Then I found a big fake teardrop CZ type ring , and wear the tiara and diamond bracelet to our saturday night potlucks at the campouts! You can never be overdressed! haha

Right now, April 2008 my little teardrop is undergoing some exterior re-do and will really emerge as a jewel. It will get me motivated to finish the other shiny aspects of it.

In OKC there is a Jewel Box theatre... I've heard stories of other Jewel Box bars or tattoo parlors or movie theatre... so I might start looking for that kind of thing too.
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to User Polls