Do you tie your bedding down?

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Do you tie your bedding down?

Postby Gary and Cheri » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:06 am

I bought a Paradise Valley teardrop that I will be picking up at the end of the month. This teardrop has under the bed storage. I'm wondering what those of you with this type of arrangement are doing with your bedding. Obviously I may be pulling the mattress up several times a day. I assume that this action is going to rearrange the bedding constantly. I hate making beds as it is. The PV TD has two seperate twin mattresses. I am assuming that seperate twin sheets will be easier than trying to use one queen set. I have thought about sewing the bottom of the top sheet to the bottom of the fitted sheet hoping that this will stop pulling out and needing to remake. What have you been doing? Recommendations are appreciated.

Gary
" I started out with nothing and I have most of it left." Groucho Marx

With each grey hair I'm another step closer to becoming a wizard!
Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Postby NutmegJoe » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:01 am

I only store stuff under the bed that normally comes out when I arrive at camp and goes back when I get ready to leave: shower tent, DOs, patio mat, door mats, dog dishes... Things I need more often are in the galley or cabin itself.
Shelly
--------------
"Do what you like,
Like what you do"

NutmegJoe
Gold Donating Member

Postby TENNJIM » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:20 pm

Same Here. I only store spare or seldomly used stuff under the mattress pads. My storage area is split longways and can be accessed one-half at a time. My bottom sheet is form-fitted to a 2" foam pad which lays on top of the 3" mattress pads. The sheet can be removed for washing. The foam pad can be folded over intact and lift a mattress pad to get into whichever side needs access. I use only an open sleeping bag as a comforter, so I don't have to fool with a top sheet. The bed is easy to make-up and offers a good appearance for showing. When it is warmer, I sleep on top of the sleeping bag and use a sheet and/or blanket as necessary which can be folded an put away easily-again keeping the bed making-up to a minimum.
8)
Jim B / Utah
Most People Seem Normal Until You Really Get To Know Them!
Never mind what people say, I think those Saguaros are shooting us the finger!
72.68% Of All Statistics Are Made Up!
TENNJIM
Palladium Donating Member

Postby Kens » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:16 pm

Underbed storage is such a pain in the a$$. You will find you don't use it much. My case at least. :thumbdown:
Good day every day!
Kens
500 Club

Postby sid » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:50 pm

We don't find it a problem with the bedding. We keep a tool bag, extra blankets and jackets, fishing poles and tackle, walking sticks, extra propane, extra extension cord, etc..... yep, stuff that is not used very often, but great to have with you.

Ours is also split into quarters and hinged in the middle.
sid n side
"If you're going through hell, keep going......" Winston Churchhill

Side by Side - completed October 2008
sid
Donating Member

Return to Camping Secrets