Good Luck Shelly!!!!

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Good Luck Shelly!!!!

Postby Pam Wright » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:51 pm

Okay another excuse to get together and camp!!!!!

As many of you know.... Shelly is being transferred to Minot, ND.... Let's get together at Royal Gorge Campground and send her off with lots of memories!!!!

We plan on getting there Friday late afternoon/evening the 16th and leaving sometime Sunday the 18th...

Please join us.... we'll go a potluck, dutch oven or whatever on Saturday night....

Drop me a line ( [email protected] )and let me know that you can come camp with us!!! or if you have questions!

pam and Brandie
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Thu May 01, 2008 10:53 am

We'll be there in spirit. Good luck Shelly!
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby mandy » Fri May 02, 2008 10:20 am

I would totally go but my little sister Sammie's graduation is that weekend.
I wish I could've met Shelly before she moves farther away. Hey Pam How is everything over in CO?

Have Fun
Mandy
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby NutmegJoe » Fri May 02, 2008 12:07 pm

Thanks Mandy! I'll be at the IRG in July...we can meet up there!

Only 15 more days at work, then the packers come and I'm off. Should be at my new house in North Dakota the first week of June!

I'm looking forward to the change...not the cold so much, but the small town will be great!
Shelly
--------------
"Do what you like,
Like what you do"

NutmegJoe
Gold Donating Member

Postby Pam Wright » Fri May 02, 2008 12:24 pm

Well, if it would quit snowing.... it would be better!!!! got 2 inches yesterday, of couse it is melted and gone today but.... I'm getting over it and am ready to camp!!!!

My trip to AZ and overnighting there in Albuquerque with you, started the season in February, even if I did go through a blizzard to get back home!!!! I camped at the Gorge with Shelly, March 22 and 23rd (woke up to snow on the tear that Sunday morning), then had Potluck @ Pam's April 12th (was chilly that weekend and we ended up in the house rather than the patio, but had fun and planned some camping!).... Now I'm ready for some serious camping!!!! Will go 2 weekends in May, some in June around Colorado. Then all of July as I see teardroppers, all the way to Mendo and IRG2 and back! Then the plan is "Last Gasp" in September! Am so ready!!!

Bummed that you are not going to make it to IRG but do understand.... Gas is bad but as stated on some of the other threads.... When it comes to the price of gas over not enjoying life!!! I'll take the price of gas, life is too short to WAIT!!!! I'll pay the gas prices to enjoy while I can!

Hope to see you sometime on the road!

pam
Director

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby mandy » Fri May 02, 2008 7:05 pm

Hi Pam I've run into a bad financial situation now and I just can't come up with the money at all. I had to use what I was saving for IRG and then some. But at least I can hear from all of you how the IRG was. Hey I paid for a camp ground at Half Moon bay outside of Santa Cruz CA for Sunday or Monday before IRG. Does anyone want to use it?

See Ya
Mandy
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Fri May 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Good luck Shelly!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby asianflava » Fri May 02, 2008 11:31 pm

Pam Wright wrote:Well, if it would quit snowing.... it would be better!!!! got 2 inches yesterday, of couse it is melted and gone today but.... I'm getting over it and am ready to camp!!!!

I read that to Mel and she got worried. She asked me, "Am I gonna have to drive in snow?" She is flying out to Boulder Sunday for a job interview.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Pam Wright » Mon May 05, 2008 10:44 am

Hi Rocky,

Better late than never.... Mel's flight in should have been beautiful! our weather this weekend was fantastic and the forecast only calls for a little rain on Wednesday.... hope her trip here is great . PM me if she has time for coffee????

Everybody else,

Guess I highjacked my own thread! sorry, have heard from quite a few that hope to meet us for camping with Shelly.... if you are close and can make it we have room, the campground is free..... only the gas is expensive and what the heck! we can't take it with us!!!!

pam
Director

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby NutmegJoe » Mon May 05, 2008 11:29 am

asianflava wrote:She is flying out to Boulder Sunday for a job interview.

If she gets the job, will you be moving to CO? One teardropper leaves, another takes their place!

This is my thread, so I can hijack it right? :o :lol:
Shelly
--------------
"Do what you like,
Like what you do"

NutmegJoe
Gold Donating Member

Postby Oregonian » Thu May 15, 2008 8:53 pm

Forgot that you were going to the IRG, so will give you your going away gift there. Am also saving my change for a trip to Banff National Parf and the Ice fields in 2009. Was there about two years ago and am going to go again, and will try to go through Minot and stop and say hello, but that is along way in the future. Does Pepper get along with female Labs???? Am going to bring mine along and maybe they will be able to play???? :thinking:
See you the IRG .
Bruce :SG
The love of teardrops brings people together

where have you gone if you haven't left
Oregonian
Teardrop Master

Postby mandy » Mon May 19, 2008 2:30 pm

Soooo.....How was it? Did any one take pics? Did Shelly have a good send off?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Mandy
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby Pam Wright » Mon May 19, 2008 4:54 pm

Hi Mandy!

We had a great time.... 7 teardrops (2 from KS).... 2 tents.... 13 teardroppers with an additional 11 guests for the Saturday night pot luck which was Dutch Oven heaven!!!! and 6 dogs!!!! The weather was perfect and the company was fantastic! I think we are sending Shelly off with lots of good memories.... We took some pic's but I haven't downloaded mine yet....

pam
Director

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby mandy » Mon May 19, 2008 5:43 pm

Good to hear that all went well. Pam are you going to have another gathering sometime this summer or is IRG going to take up all your time? Just wondering....
:thinking:
Mandy
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby Pam Wright » Tue May 20, 2008 12:14 pm

Hey Mandy...

Yes, IRG will take the month of July to the first of August BUT... I'll be hosting the "Last Gasp of Summer 2008" September 25th-29th at Royal Gorge Campground by Canon City, CO.... and you and anyone/everyone are welcome to join us.... more info closer to the date, but sure looking forward to it!!!! Hope you can make it.

We had such a great weekend with Shelly and look forward to many more, irregardless of the miles!!!!

pam
Director

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Next

Return to North Central