2008 Brown County Teardrop Rally pictures and thoughts...

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

2008 Brown County Teardrop Rally pictures and thoughts...

Postby 48Rob » Sun May 18, 2008 3:52 pm

Another GREAT rally!

Many thanks to Kurt and Scott for making it all come together!

Here are a few shots I took.
(Click on the picture for a quick slideshow)

This thread would be really neat if anyone else wanted to add pictures they took...

I can never seem to get a shot of each trailer, and thus end up leaving someone out of the lineup...so I didn't try this year...

I saw lots of cameras taking pictures...?

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Tripmaker » Sun May 18, 2008 4:44 pm

I second Rob's thoughts. Another great rally. I like the slide show Rob, you captured the beauty of Brown County SP.

Thanks to Scott for all his hard work on the buttons, trading cards, and banner. :applause: :applause: :applause:

Thanks to Kurt for again picking a weekend with great weather. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cindi & I are looking forward to seeing everyone again at Madison.
Jim

I started with nothing and still have most of it left.
Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby prohandyman » Sun May 18, 2008 5:17 pm

A beautiful weekend. Weather man Kurt came thru for us. What a wonderful group of people! Here's my shots. Enjoy
http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa177/indyflycaster/
Dan
155200 Facebook group 164774163701
prohandyman
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sun May 18, 2008 6:04 pm

Dan & Rob, great shots of the gathering. I was so happy with the way everything turned out that I didn't leave until about 1:00pm. I didn't get home 'till 4:15pm.
I really could have stayed another couple of days.

What a great group of teardroppers and "TTT'ers". :applause: :thumbsup:
I counted 33 campers including the late entry.

Any correction to the attendance figure is welcomed for the record.

The rain thursday didn't affect most of the gathering but it sure did rain (12 hours worth).
:cry:
I was relieved to see my "water logged" DVD player start working again. It only had about 6 oz of water inside it so what's the big deal? :thinking:

I hope everyone had a great time and enjoyed the entertainment Saturday night. I forgot how funny Johnny Carson was.

"Madison" is only 3 months away so Scott still has time to fix the running lights :lol:

The breakfast on Sunday was worth the trip all by itself. Jim's Biscuits & Gravy were great.

The waffle making was in full swing. "RAP" & I were really cookin' and the addition of strawberrys and whipped cream reall set the taste buds off.

Thanks to everyone who helped to make this a great gathering.

The weather gods were with us again. :thumbsup:

Any suggestions or after thoughts that you can share, please feel free to do so. :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby 48Rob » Sun May 18, 2008 6:55 pm

Dan,

Great shots!
Looks like you got them all.

The Smokey the Bear shot is super! :thumbsup:

Your Kodak, and you, take good pictures.

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Jst83 » Mon May 19, 2008 3:15 am

Great Pictures, Here's Mine http://picasaweb.google.com/jscott83/BrownCountyMay08
Thank you all this was a great weekend

Rob I love the shot of your camper with the park in the background, I wish I'd have thought of that. :twisted: Photo shop here I come :lol:

Scott
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby 48Rob » Mon May 19, 2008 7:10 am

Scott,

Thanks.

Your shots look good too.

You managed to capture the people as well as the trailers! :thumbsup:

Rob
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby bobhenry » Mon May 19, 2008 7:20 am

Scotty I need your help can you gather and send what photos you have from you Rob and Dan to the reporter below. I am a computer cluts and don't want to muck up this opportunity.

EVERYBOBY ELSE HELP !

I recieved an E-Mail from Bob Scott a reporter with The Lafayette Journal and Courier NOW :x they want to do a story. He has requested as many High definition pictures as we can supply. I told to hold on to his shorts because the will be coming from several sources. Can we rally the troops and EVERYBODY. Send pics and short nariatives he will weigh the info and promises a spred worthy of the input. If we all get crazy we may have a 2-4 page spread. We all have an opportunity PLEASE HELP ! Send your pics to

[email protected] mark subject as "Teardrops"

These folks are part of the Gannett News service Maybe we will get lucky and find ourselves in USA TODAY wouldn't that be so COOL :thumbsup:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Mon May 19, 2008 7:48 am

Bob, I sent a letter to Bob Scott that will give him resources for the history and modern applications for the Teardrops.

I hope to hear a response from him with questions.

Good job Bob (Henry) in making the contact. :thumbsup: Too bad the newspaper didn't respond earlier.

Oh well, we'll see what happens.
Last edited by Kurt (Indiana) on Mon May 19, 2008 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Jst83 » Mon May 19, 2008 9:09 am

bobhenry wrote:Scotty I need your help can you gather and send what photos you have from you Rob and Dan to the reporter below. I am a computer cluts and don't want to muck up this opportunity.

I sure will we'll give it a couple days and I'll send him a mixture of all shots covering activities and trailers. :thumbsup:
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby 48Rob » Mon May 19, 2008 6:50 pm

Bob,

Thanks for stirring the pot, even after the fire appeared to go out.

I've sent the photos as requested.

Rob

PS. Glad you're on our team! :thumbsup:
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby bobhenry » Mon May 19, 2008 7:30 pm

I had given up he found me !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Looked like fun

Postby Guy » Mon May 19, 2008 7:37 pm

Dear All,

Looked like you guys and gals had some fun. Good for you!!!
Regards,

Guy
Keep on living, laughing, learning and loving.
Guy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby IndyTom » Mon May 19, 2008 9:21 pm

To Everyone at the Brown County gathering,

Thanks for a great weekend. My wife and my boys had a wonderful time. For anyone that had more of my boys streaking by on their scooters than they wanted to hear or see, please accept my apologies. :lol: :lol:

For our family there were only two dampers on the weekend; an abundance of ticks at our campsite, (my wife has a phobia about ticks) and the early Sunday morning thunderstorm that had all of us wondering if our tents would keep standing until the storm ended. Other than that, everything was wonderful. The fellowship was beyond belief, teardroppers must be the greatest people in the world.

And the chance to get to see all your trailers up close was out of this world. Rob, Dan and John, I am still in awe of your craftsmanship. Bob, thanks for the lights and I am still trying to figure out how to change my design to use your idea for a skylight roof. The picture in your avatar is out of this world. Carol, Kurt, Scott, Joe, and everone else I have missed, Thanks for opening your trailers for us all to look at. I am dying to get started back on my build so I can have a trailer to stay in at a gathering very soon.

To everyone who was not there, man did you miss a great time. I can hardly wait for the next gathering we can attend.

Tom
Never trust a skinny cook

My build thread:http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36226

IndyTom
500 Club

Postby bobhenry » Tue May 20, 2008 4:30 pm

Guess who I heard from about 1 hour ago !

ACROSS INDIANA

They appologized that they missed our gathering but were out of production because they are relocating and we not able to respond.

HOWEVER

They are very interested and will try and coordinate something later in the summer when they are relocated and are better able to respond.

I will contact him tomorrow about Madison we might be TV stars yet 8)
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Next

Return to Midwest