any more info on this year last gasp CO?

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

any more info on this year last gasp CO?

Postby curiouswill » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:04 am

I've been having issues trying to register to the new tearjerker forum and the yahoo group is not working for me so I'm wondering if anybody here could direct me to some current info on this year Last Gasp CO so I could see if I could actually come again for real this time and actually stay longer than an evening.

If I do indeed go, I'll be biking there with my bike trailer (and using a tent+mat for sleeping) by the Highway(or route?) 115 from the Neveda road in colorado springs to Canon City then turn right to Royal Gorge from there. I might will have to walk or carry my bike over the gravel road at the campsite if there is a lot of thorny plants around there. Can't remember from last time i went there. Though if I could somehow save enough money for a kevlar-laced tubes (can be between $50-100 each) then no worries there.

Not sure how I could bring some foods for the potluck Saturday (will we have this the same as when I went there last time?) there so I might need to see if anybody there would be going to some grocery store or at least a wal-mart in canon city during the weekend.

P.S. I'll be at the Royal Gorge (the same campsite for Last Gasp) for the 4th of July if I can save enough money left over from the bills and whatnot. Just wondering if anybody will be in the same place for the 4th of july?
curiouswill
Teardrop Master

Postby Pam Wright » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:34 am

Hi Will!

Yes, I am hosting the "Last Gasp of Summer 2008" at the same campground by the Royal Gorge.... September 25th-28th. The road, altough dirt, does not have thorns on it ,but you will be able to gage that over the July 4th wekend, if you are able to go. As for the potluck.... we can work that out later. We'd love to see you there..... More info later in the season.

pam
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby curiouswill » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:36 pm

Just wondering if you could have any info on the new tearjerker forum? I've registered there but have not been able to get approved :( is there something wrong with the forum or what? I seems to remember that the Admin there is a member here. if you know the person, could you have him/her PM me and see if they can get my registration approved.

About the potluck, I'm probably only going to need to pick up some foods, coals, and some disposable aluminum cookware (probably gonna be cooked on the coal bed itself) not too sure but it would be much easier to do that if I could ride with anybody who need to go to any grocery store or wal-mart. It just would not be feasible for me to carry these thing for 60 miles and have no place to store any perishable items if it can even survive the trip itself.

Thanks again for letting me know some more about the trip :D Hopefully I can really go there this year for sure.
curiouswill
Teardrop Master

Return to North Central