Michigan Gathering

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby Stu » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:53 pm

Try the map again.

:?

Stu

Indecision is the key to flexability
Stu
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Stu » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:31 am

We have another addition to our group. Fred aka alaska teardrop will be be in site 53.

:D :applause:
Stu

Stu
Teardrop Advisor

Postby beverlyt » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:56 pm

Bob and I pulled out the teardrop from under it's tarp today to get ready for the Gathering.

Can't wait!

Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby beverlyt » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:41 pm

Today we spent quite a bit of time getting the teardrop ready. Took off the fenders and gave them a new coat of paint. We also touched up some places that needed paint, along with replacing a few rusty screws/etc., here and there. The teardrop sure fares worse outside under a tarp then inside the garage. Greased the bearings... they were really needing it.

It will be all bright and shiny again for the gathering.

Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby Claw » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:09 pm

Well I wanted to get over to Michigan and camp this summer and this gathering would have been a great opportunity to do so but I will be unable to attend. :( Have fun it looks like a great park. :thumbsup:
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby Nitroxjunkie71 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:19 pm

Don't fret Jim I can't go either. I am going to Algonac State Park that Wednesday for a three day tour along the Saint Clair river to do some boat watching.
http://www.michigandnr.com/ParksandTrai ... &type=SPRK

There is always next time...

Jeff "Great lakes diver"
Jeff
Image Image Image
The Deepest spot in Lake Superior, the largest of the Great Lakes is 1,333 feet or about 222 fathoms. This profound depth could easily contain the entire 1,250' Empire State Building, even with a 50-foot-tall King Kong perched atop.
Nitroxjunkie71
cargotrlrman

Location: Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Greenfield Indiana

Postby Joe » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:04 pm

Just saw this event today. Are there still sites? We are coming back to town Friday late afternoon, and leaving again Sunday afternoon. It will be tight, but may try to get reservations. It is close to home.

joe
Joe
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Stu » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:57 pm

Jim and Jeff,

We'll miss your company. :( Hope we'll see you next year or maybe we'll have a gathering this fall. :thinking:

Joe,

As far as I know you should still be able to get a site. The best thing to do is call (269) 731-4503. They are on dialup and don't respond to email because it ties up there phone.
Let me know how it goes.
Stu

Stu
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Stu » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:57 pm

Some updates and clarifications.

First I want to make it clear that even though the June 20th date has passed, you can still make a reservation. They just aren't holding the sites for us anymore so if someone with an RV wants to rent a site, the campground will give it to them. So get signed up as soon as possible.:thumbsup:

Next, I'm going to be having some name tag / commemorative buttons made so if anyone has reserved a spot that I don't have on our map, let me know so I can get your button.

The third thing on my list is an idea Galen and I came up with at Boogie. We thought it would be fun to have a wine tasting, probably Friday night. If your interested, bring a bottle ( or two ) of your favorite wine(s). We'll provide cheese and crackers to go with the wine. :wine party:

Last is something I thought I'd already announced. I've set up a store for the Great Lakes Chapter for T-shirts, mugs etc. Check it out at
http://www.cafepress.com/GLCTJ
Right now there is stuff with the Chapter logo. I'm going to add items modified for the gathering in the next day or two.

I also wanted let everyone know that we will be going there on Thursday, so if you want a to come a day early you'll have company.

It's getting close :applause:
Stu

Stu
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Stu » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:17 am

One more attraction I forgot to mention is the Silverleaf Renaissance Faire. It is held in Battle Creek and is the second largest Ren Faire in Michigan. The Faire runs 5 weekends and is and event Rocky and I go to every year.

http://www.silverleafrenfaire.org/
Stu

Stu
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Nitroxjunkie71 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:53 am

Stu wrote: Jeff,

We'll miss your company. :( Hope we'll see you next year or maybe we'll have a gathering this fall. :thinking:

Thanks Stu,

I am heading to Battle Creek this Thursday and will be up there until next Wednesday when I will be heading to Algonac for 3 days. I will be ready to head south by next weekend as my vacation draws to an end! :x That should hold me over until the following weekend anyway :lol:

Are you still holding at 5 for this trip? Only 11 more days! :twisted:

You should come down for the Salamonie gathering in October.
Jeff
Image Image Image
The Deepest spot in Lake Superior, the largest of the Great Lakes is 1,333 feet or about 222 fathoms. This profound depth could easily contain the entire 1,250' Empire State Building, even with a 50-foot-tall King Kong perched atop.
Nitroxjunkie71
cargotrlrman

Location: Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Greenfield Indiana

Postby Stu » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:39 am

Jeff

Still holding at 5 confirmed but thare are at least 5 more that have said they are coming or are going to try to make it so I'm hoping for maybe 8. :worship:
Stu

Stu
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Stu » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:35 pm

Here's an update. We have another confirmed TD with owners Al and Liz from Illinois. That brings us up to 6. :applause:
Stu

Stu
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Stu » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:10 pm

I know some of you have talked to Diane at the campground about directions but I wanted to give everyone a heads up about the 35th St bridge being closed. which is Exit 85 on I-94.
Coming from the West take the Sprinkle Road exit to Comstock Ave east. Constock to River ST north and River to M-96 east. M-96 will take you into Augusta.

From the East you should be good taking either exit 88 or Exit 92 off I-94

She also warned me that because of all the rain the bugs are bad, so bring repellant and a couple cans of Yard Guard.
Stu

Stu
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to Midwest