Camping get together on Aug 2nd in the St. Louis Area?

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Camping get together on Aug 2nd in the St. Louis Area?

Postby Jason and Amanda » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:37 pm

Anyone interested in a small St. Louis area get together for the weekend of August 2nd? We'll probably be at one of the following depending on if anyone is interested and whereabouts they are located.

Carlyle (Eldon Hazlet State Park)
Pere Marquette State Park (Grafton Area)

Or any other suggested place... I don't know the MO parks as well.

Jason
Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

camping

Postby tjx » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:57 pm

Wish we could join you, but we are busy that weekend. :(
We were in the area in June and spent a day at the chain of rocks bridge. That was our last stop as we did the Route 66 trip in Illinois.
We were going to camp at ?Marquette State Park just north of there but unfortunately the roads were still under water from the floods.
Hope you have a nice weekend camping. :)
tina and jerry
tjx
Teardrop Master

Postby Jason and Amanda » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:24 am

Aww man you guys really missed out. The river confluence point and the drive along the bluffs is outstanding. There is a fair amount of good hiking in Pere Marquette as well.
Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

Postby lovntears » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:12 am

Jason,

There is Babler State Park which is in the St. Louis Area, and not a bad drive at all from SAFB (My wife goes there to do training sometimes). We could possibly set up something there. Our tear isn't in possession yet, so we would have to bring the Airstream.

Steve
lovntears
Teardrop Builder

Postby Jason and Amanda » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:09 pm

I just looked it up, it's about the same distance from us as Pere Marquette. We are currently staying on the base itself in TLF because our house sold alot faster than expected and we don't actually PCS to Peterson AFB, CO for about 2-3 more weeks.

Babler sounds like a plan. I'm going go ahead and plan to be there. I should have time to call in a reservation some time on monday.
Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

Postby Jason and Amanda » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:09 pm

Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

Postby mrchuc » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:29 pm

Good news and bad news about that weekend.

First the good news: :) My family and I will be camping in our Little Guy that weekend.

Bad news: :( We have to miss the outing here in the St. Louis area 'cause we will be camping out of state. (Family reunion in Texas, but that part is not the bad news.)

Have a great time at Babler. I think you will like it. I haven't camped there, but I have been out there several times. Very nice, and easy to get to.

All the best...
Rolling lightly upon the Earth,

Chuc
mrchuc
Teardrop Master

camping

Postby tjx » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:53 pm

Yah, we were disappointed that the park was unaccessable when we were there but on the other hand we can always go back. It's about a 4 hour trip for us.

Sounds like you have a move ahead of you. Good luck and enjoy colorado. There are some great teardroppers over that way. Last year we camped by the royal gorge with a bunch of them.

Also, thanks for all you do in the service. :applause:

tina and jerry
tjx
Teardrop Master

Return to Midwest