Camping (for free)(maybe)

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Camping (for free)(maybe)

Postby cs_whypt2 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:24 pm

I went to a RV show here in Milwaukee a little while ago and I recieved a gift certificate to go camping for a weekend for free. I called and I asked about it and they said I needed a credit card to reserve a campsite, and $10 to activate a card to use while at the campground. The $10 is refunded after the weekend.

http://www.captaincove.com/index.html That is the website. Go there and clik on 'campsites' on the left hand side. Afterwards, on the left hand side again, there is a picture that says 5 nights of free camping. Click on that. I asked the woman on the phone if I had some of my friends fill that out would we be able to use it on the Friday and Saturday night instead on the 5 nights and she said yes. (On my certificate I can use 5 days (Sunday thru Thursday) or 2 nights (Friday thru Saturday)) The woman on the phone also said that if I wanted to call and make the reservations for my friends, I could make the reservations, all we would have to do is provide a coupon for each campsite.

I don't know, what do you guys think? The coupon is for a free 2 night (Friday and Saturday) stay. It is water and electric. I recieved the coupon at the Madison RV show or the Outdoor Show in Milwaukee, I can't remember which one. I can't promise that it is 100% free, even though I asked and the woman said it was. I would like to give it a shot though.

I am thinking of going October 3rd (Friday) and October 4th (Saturday) and then leaving on the 5th. My birthday is on the 6th, so it is kind of like a birthday present to myself.

Now here is my problem. To reserve a campsite I have to be 21. Yeeaahhh, I'm not. So I will have to figure that out, but otherwise it seems like a pretty good plan.

Anyone interested in going?

Dianne
:wine:
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

Postby swissarmygirl » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:34 pm

If only Wisconsin wasn't so far away. :thinking:
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." - Albert Einstein

4 Hats Studio
swissarmygirl
Donating Member

Postby duke » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:39 pm

It may be "free" but the actual cost will be a hardcore sales "presentation" to buy one of their campsites on a permanent basis. We see lots of sites for sale up here in the Green Bay papers, and get free offers from Captains Cove in the mail all the time.
There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy's life that he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure. - Mark Twain
Image.Image
duke
Teardrop Master

Postby cs_whypt2 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:46 pm

Hey thanks. I'll look into that. I just didn't know what all was apart of the weekend.

Dianne
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

Postby cs_whypt2 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:51 pm

Yep Duke, you are correct. I called again and they said that the camp host would greet you as you got there, then set up a time to give you a tour of the area and go through costs of stuff. I asked her about how long it would be and she said about 45 minutes.

So if any one is still interested :roll: :oops: If people are interested in going, I will go, but if no one is, that is fine too.

Dianne
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:16 pm

Wow! I didn't know they had camping time shares! :shock:
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby cs_whypt2 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:19 pm

TPMcGinty wrote:Wow! I didn't know they had camping time shares! :shock:

Yeah..I didn't know it eather.
I figured there was a catch, but I thought it was more, 'have a good time and tell a friend' type thing. Oh well. Like I said, if there is an interest to go, I will put in reservations and find a way for me to go (not 21 :cry: ) and if there is no interest, that is fine, I will do something else...I think there is a camp ground down by me that has a half off weekend durning my birthday and I will go there.

Dianne
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

Postby Claw » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:54 pm

On 6 October, I will (hopefully) be aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln enjoying some time with my son (who was also born in Oct...the 30th) on a cruise from Honolulu to San Diego. Me in awe of the US Navy and he in a somewhat relaxed mode after a deployment to the Persin Gulf.

I'm looking for something after the 17th of October.
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby cs_whypt2 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:30 pm

Claw wrote:On 6 October, I will (hopefully) be aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln enjoying some time with my son (who was also born in Oct...the 30th) on a cruise from Honolulu to San Diego. Me in awe of the US Navy and he in a somewhat relaxed mode after a deployment to the Persin Gulf.

I'm looking for something after the 17th of October.

Well hey. If people are interested we can do it after the 17th. Because Camp-Inn Camp-Outt is the weekend before, so it might be a little hectic for everyone.
There is a campground 30 miles from me and I think it is half off weekend 10-3,4,5. I can go there. More people I know could go if I stayed around here.
So...After 10-17 if anyone is interested?

Dianne
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

Postby Claw » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:27 pm

Figure a date and place out Dianne. I am not sure if my son is coming home after deployment or when but something the 3rd or 4th weekend of October might work for me. I suspect most things will be wide open in Oct. It might be a good time to go to someplace popular up around Milwaukee and then do a day trip to the Harley Museum!!!
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby cs_whypt2 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:18 pm

Claw wrote:Figure a date and place out Dianne. I am not sure if my son is coming home after deployment or when but something the 3rd or 4th weekend of October might work for me. I suspect most things will be wide open in Oct. It might be a good time to go to someplace popular up around Milwaukee and then do a day trip to the Harley Museum!!!

Yeah...I live less then 2 miles from the museum. I pass it when I go to class, and I still have not gone to see it.
Would be cool. I will look around and find something.

Dianne
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

Return to Midwest