tears by the river

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby cs_whypt2 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:02 pm

I had a great time!
Elffy and Jackie came home and crashed on the couch. I must have over worked them. :lol:
It took me 3 and a half hours to get to the gathering, and 5 and a half hours to get home. :cry:
For the people that didn't know, my truck broke down on the way home. Another RVer pulled up next to me to give me a jump. It didn't work so he reached in and slammed my steering colum shifter thingy into park, and the vibration from that made it start. (I have had this similar problem before, but if I would slam the hood down on the truck it would start. I took it in a couple times, but they could not pin point the problem. This might help.) So it drove me home and it started up so I could go to class, which I am at right now. :oops:
I have AAA but the problem is, I only get 100 miles for free, and after that it would have cost me $3.75 a mile to get my truck and trailer home. (They would have had to put it all on a wrecker.)

But everything was fine and the three of us had a great time!
I will be seeing some of you again at CI-CO.

Dianne :thumbsup:
:wine:
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

camp

Postby tjx » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:26 pm

Want to thank all of you that came to Tears by the River :applause:
and say we missed all that could not come. :(

Steve, we will have some pictures posted soon, hope this finds you feeling better.
Keep us posted on updates and we will send some prayers your way.

Thank you Betsey for the summary of who was represented but need to correct one item....
we had 5 states represented. Did you count Wisconsin? :thinking:
(The states were Wisc, Ill, Ia, Minn, and Neb.)

Randy, it was nice meeting you finally and putting a face to the name...I'm sure we will meet again.

Diane, glad to hear you arrived home safely. Maybe now when you take your truck in to get fixed, they will listen to you and get it right this time.

Bob, I hope you and your lovely wife have a great trip and make it home safely. Glad that you could stop on the way through.

To everyone else....thanks for the great company, stories, and food that we all shared.
You are a great bunch and we look forward to camping with all of you many more times. :applause:
Will see some sooner than others as next outing for us is CI-CO.

Jerry and Tina
tjx
Teardrop Master

Postby Claw » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:45 pm

The chance to enjoy good food with great people, the conversations and laughter, the fresh air and new sights and the familiarity to feel totally relaxed created a wonderful weekend that passed entirely too quickly.

Here is a great photo of our hosts Tina and Jerry. Thanks for all your efforts
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby Route66 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:41 pm

Thanks everyone for a great time and especially Tina and Jerry for coordinating the location and providing all the great firewood !

I ended up with pics of 10 of the 11 TD's in attendance . . . (I can't believe I missed Betsey and Craig :oops: . . . . I'm not sure what kind of trailer they were in, but it looks like they may have copied the one Tom built . . .)

- Mike

Image[/img]
Last edited by Route66 on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in . . . - Mark Twain :)
Route66
Teardrop Master

Postby Route66 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:44 pm

5 more . . .

Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in . . . - Mark Twain :)
Route66
Teardrop Master

Postby Betsey » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:33 pm

Route66 wrote: I ended up with pics of 10 of the 11 TD's in attendance . . . (I can't believe I missed Betsey and Craig :oops:
- Mike

Actually, it was Darrell & Joanne's teardrop you missed...Ours was this one:

Route66 wrote:
. . . . I'm not sure what kind of trailer they were in, but it looks like they may have copied the one Tom built . . .)

Actually, the one we had probably is a copy of Tom's (with a few more options), as I think it was built after his.... :oops:

Now, as for Darrell & Joanne's, I think they may have copied Tom's...or maybe it was the other way around???? :thinking:

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Woodbutcher » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:17 pm

Looks like you all had a great time. The weather seemed perfect. Wish I could have made it. But I'll be ready for the next one. We own a guest house on RT. 20 west of Galena. I was there today, and around noon, I saw a tear on the way home. It was a wooden sided tear with green trim. I think I saw it at Cooler by the Lake as well. Not sure who it was but it's in the pictures from this gathering.

I'll check back for more pics later!

Steve
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Betsey » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:57 pm

Woodbutcher wrote:I was there today, and around noon, I saw a tear on the way home. It was a wooden sided tear with green trim. I think I saw it at Cooler by the Lake as well. Not sure who it was but it's in the pictures from this gathering.

That would have been Lori...she was heading back to St. Paul....

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Route66 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:59 pm

cs_whypt2 wrote: . . .

For the people that didn't know, my truck broke down on the way home. Another RVer pulled up next to me to give me a jump. It didn't work so he reached in and slammed my steering column shifter thingy into park, and the vibration from that made it start. . . . .

Dianne -

I forgot to mention that when you were taking a shower, Elffy and Jackie came over to my site to borrow some tools.

Later, we saw Jackie pop the hood on your truck and give Elffy a boost into the engine compartment . . . . heard vague mumbling that sounded like " . . . arf, growl, arf . . . . we'll stay an extra night . . . arf,arf . . . . want to sleep in a Camp Inn . . . . growl, arf, yip . . . . I'll mess with the neutral safety switch . . . yip. yap . . . she'll never know . . . . bark, bark"

Elffy appears to be the ring leader . . . :banana: :banana:

- Mike

Route66
Teardrop Master

Postby Route66 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:11 pm

Betsey wrote:
Actually, it was Darrell & Joanne's teardrop you missed...

haha - sorry about that . . . they do all look alike !!! Is this Darrell and Joanne's ?

Route66
Teardrop Master

Postby cs_whypt2 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:03 pm

Route66 wrote:
cs_whypt2 wrote: . . .

For the people that didn't know, my truck broke down on the way home. Another RVer pulled up next to me to give me a jump. It didn't work so he reached in and slammed my steering column shifter thingy into park, and the vibration from that made it start. . . . .

Dianne -

I forgot to mention that when you were taking a shower, Elffy and Jackie came over to my site to borrow some tools.

Later, we saw Jackie pop the hood on your truck and give Elffy a boost into the engine compartment . . . . heard vague mumbling that sounded like " . . . arf, growl, arf . . . . we'll stay an extra night . . . arf,arf . . . . want to sleep in a Camp Inn . . . . growl, arf, yip . . . . I'll mess with the neutral safety switch . . . yip. yap . . . she'll never know . . . . bark, bark"

Elffy appears to be the ring leader . . . :banana: :banana:

- Mike

Well their plan didn't work out too well...almost got me into a bit of trouble. (I would have had to pay $3.75 per mile on 60 miles).
I will look into the Neutral Saftey Switch. Thanks.
I will have to talk to the ring leader...When he wakes up from his nap...boy does he have a hard life... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dianne
:wine:
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

Postby TLC » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:24 am

My thanks to Tina and Jerry for hosting a great weekend of camping. Thanks also to everyone who attended for making it another great gathering. You are AWESOME. :awesome: [/img]
I can drink all day.....provided I don't start till 11PM
TLC
The 300 Club

Some additional photos

Postby Route66 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:55 pm

Here's some more pics of "the River" from "Tears by the River

(Tina and Jerry . . . thought your daughter would like to see what the D80 did )

- Mike

Route66
Teardrop Master

Postby RETROFIT » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:39 pm

well...that sure was fun...now whattaya wanna do? 8)
ah, but seriously...thank you to tina & jerry. great idea...great campground...and great cow vittles.
we really enjoyed the get-away day breakfast. that was a real nice way to end a very pleasant weekend.
hope we see you guys again sooner than later :roll:...thanks again, parnell & barb
the sun shines on anyone who has enough sense to go out in it - brother dave
RETROFIT
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Claw » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:33 pm

Great pictures Mike! It is nice to see all the TD pictured and then the views we enjoyed through-out the weekend. Three miles across at this point in the river.

The group photo Tom took has got to be one of the best pictures for getting every one to smile. When commenting on this to Tom he responded that Bob had questioned; shouldn't the light be flashing, and then everyone looked and smiled because it wasn't and this is when Tom clicked his remote! nice set-up guys. :D
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest