Ol' Marais River Run - Ottawa, KS

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Ol' Marais River Run - Ottawa, KS

Postby reo-ron » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:56 am

Hey any of you guys know about camping around Ottawa?? Several of the guys from Tulsa are interested in going to the Rod Run - Sept 19/20, but Motels are few and EXPENSIVE. We thought about just camping in the park. Is that doable? Any ideas would be welcome.
Ron in Tulsa
Old cars, trucks, trailers and scooters - bought, sold, traded and enthusiastically talked about.
reo-ron
The 300 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:29 pm

HI Ron, uh which park? Lake Pomona is just West of Ottawa. It is a really beautiful park. I think there is another RV place in town but not sure.
http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/news/State- ... ons/Pomona

Douglas County State fishing lake might be open too.
http://baldwin-city.com/rec/douglaslake/
To the South is Richmond that has a small RV campground and Garnet also has two.

KS State fishing lakes have free or min. camping fees too. All of these are within 30 minutes (Pamona) and most in 15 depending on the side of town you get on.

Let us know where you land and we will try to stop. I should be moving my daughter that weekend from Lawrence

Hope this helps.

PS--Richmond 785-835-6369
Williamsburg 785-242-5601 this is outside Ottawa on I-35 S. Not too far.

Garnet and Baldwin call the city offices. ;)

The city of Ottawa says no camping at the park. :(
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby pete.wilson » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:33 pm

Hey

My wife and I live in Ottawa. If anyone wants to park/camp in our yard your more than welcome, we have a down stairs full bath that your more than welcome to use and we are off of 9th street at the edge of town (easy on and off of I35 at 15th street exit). If interested send me an email and I will give you my address and phone number. I have a total of 1.2 acres with plenty of grass parking.

Pete Wilson
Ottawa, KS
[email protected]

P.S. With the hurricane who knows how good the weather will be.
Why hasn't anyone found a dead bigfoot? When was the last time you found a dead deer, bear, coyote, fox, squirrel, etc. that died in the woods.........Hmmm.
pete.wilson
The 300 Club

Postby reo-ron » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:10 pm

Hey Pete, Thanks for the offer!! I'll let you know our plans by Mid- week
Ron
Old cars, trucks, trailers and scooters - bought, sold, traded and enthusiastically talked about.
reo-ron
The 300 Club

Postby dashbu » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:41 am

Ron,
You might also consider Homewood RV Park. It's just a few miles from Ottawa and has easy I-35 access.
Homewood RV Park & Campground
I-35 Exit 176, 1 Block North

Homewood, KS 66095
(785) 242-5601

[email protected]
:D
dashbu
Teardrop Inspector

Postby reo-ron » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:50 am

Well the decission is made. I'll be camping at Lake Pomona on Sat 10/20/08 . We will go to the show in Ottawa on Sat am and then go over to camp in the evening. If any one else is in the area we will be in a dark blue 41 Chevy P/U pulling the Flying Blind Teardrop.
Ron in Tulsa
reo-ron
The 300 Club

Postby pete.wilson » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:00 pm

Hey

Ron and everyone else,

The offer is still open if anyone finds the parks full or have problems with access. Shoot me an email if you want the address and my cell, just in case you need a backup. :ilovecamp:

Pete Wilson
Ottawa, KS
Why hasn't anyone found a dead bigfoot? When was the last time you found a dead deer, bear, coyote, fox, squirrel, etc. that died in the woods.........Hmmm.
pete.wilson
The 300 Club

Postby pete.wilson » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:56 pm

Hey

Boy for those of you who thought about coming, you should have, it was an awesome day and there where 1, 451 hot rod entries. Biggest collection of cars that I have seen. I did see Reo-Ron's truck and teardrop but wasn't able to meet with him. Lots of FUN!

Pete Wilson
Ottawa, KS
pete.wilson
The 300 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:01 pm

:o Wow, that is a lot! I drove through with a Penske truck at about 12:30 but decided it was too big to go draggin into a crowd. :(
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby ARKPAT » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:02 pm

Wow sounds like I missed a good one. :o :oops: :cry:

Sounds like you had a great time. :oops:

Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to North Central