The "Last Gasp of Summer 2008"

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby asianflava » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:42 pm

Man-o-man, I hope I can make it, it seems like everything is conspiring against me. As it is, I'm going to have to go it alone. It's the end of the fiscal year and the wife is uber busy at work for the next couple weeks. I just checked Google and it's less than 200mi away.

I haven't even seen my teardrop on about a month and a half, I don't remember what is packed inside it. Well that's not entirely true, I did see it from I-25 when we drove past the storage place.

Is it a show up and park anywhere kind of thing or is there a guard station to pay? What is the arrival protocol?
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Jason and Amanda » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:49 pm

Ya,
We just recieved our SUV tent and shower tent, we're ready to rock and roll. Again still waiting on Dr. appt stuff though. But hey at least we'll get to meet everyone.
Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

Postby Pam Wright » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:21 pm

WOW!!!! Looks like all is closing in on the "Last Gasp of Summer 2008"!!!!

There are no reservations, it is a free campground and lots of room for everyone!!!!

It will be red teardrops, with the tongues being an arrow showing the way, courtesy of George T, (thanks George!) and RED WHITE and BLUE streamers.....

All of you that are fretting with work, please try to come, if nothing else.... Friday night or Sat and Sunday! Whether you are in teardrops, tents or anything else, come camp with me!!!!

Can't wait to see you all!!!!

pam
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby TENNJIM » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:28 pm

Pam, Hope you get this message or someone tells you if you have already gone to the Gorge. I will be leaving Ogden, Utah on Thursday morning and expect to get into camp sometime early Friday afternoon. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
8)
Jim B / Utah
Most People Seem Normal Until You Really Get To Know Them!
Never mind what people say, I think those Saguaros are shooting us the finger!
72.68% Of All Statistics Are Made Up!
TENNJIM
Palladium Donating Member

Postby Gerdo » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:47 am

It's comming up quick!

Just a heads up. The Go Fast Games are at the Gorge this weekend.
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Last Gasp 08

Postby RPH » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:00 pm

We're planning to come, Pam. Sophie (the irrepressible canine) is excited. Any chance Jasper will be there this year?
Pamela & Ron

PS - as this is the only camping we've done all year, we're trying to find a new home for our widget.
"Why don't you get a toupee with some brains it!?!"- Moe to Curly
RPH
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Pam Wright » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:15 pm

With the 'Go Fast Games' being hosted in the area, there may be more people than usual in "our" campground. I am leaving Denver tomorrow morning headed to the campground.... I am hoping because it is not marked clearly (until Wednesday night when we put up our RED, WHITE and BLUE streamers) that few people know that it is there!!!! I'll be hanging the banners and posting signs for the Last Gasp... At this late date, with so many coming from out of state.... there is no alternative. We will make the campground work for us.... and be the 'friendly' campers that we are, who knows maybe we'll make some more new friends!!!!

See you all there soon!!!!

pam
Director

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby Gerdo » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:13 pm

Pam
If anyone is near our campsite just crank up the hard rock and drive them out!
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Pam Wright » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:53 pm

Right on.... and I'll borrow some kids and dogs too!!!!

pam
Director

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby George T. » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:28 pm

Greetings from Colorado!

Pam and Brandie are up at The Royal Gorge Campground as of Wednesday evening. I dropped off my trailer as well and will be up Friday night after work.

We put up the teardrop directional signs and the red/white/blue streamers tonight. I don't think that anyone should have a problem finding the campground.

I just drove in from St. Louis, MO yesterday, worked 7am to 5pm today and have to work 7am 5pm Thursday & Friday and I am BUSHED!!! :? Add an hour each way to and from work and it makes for 12 hour days. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Be forewarned, I plan on kicking back and relaxing and see who will feed me. :picnic: Normally, I stock up and love to feed everybody, but I just don't have it in me this time. Sorry...

Bring warm layers, at the campground, it was sweatshirt cool at about 8:30 tonight.

George T.
George T.
Teardrop Master

Feeding George

Postby RPH » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:01 pm

Well, what do you like, George? If it's anything like last year, there was plenty of food, so I don't think you have to worry. we're planning on bringing cake, gooey yummy chocolate caramel cookie bars, a good sized pot of beans, and a (surprise) appetizer to share. Sorry to say, though, you'll have to find your meat elsewhere.

Sounds like you deserve a rest...and this is a great place to get it!

Pamela & Ron
"Why don't you get a toupee with some brains it!?!"- Moe to Curly
RPH
Teardrop Advisor

Postby George T. » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:56 pm

I'm game for about anything, although I don't care for anchovies, lamb or wild game. I did relent and grabbed something to throw into a dutch oven for the potluck. My sister and mom will also be bringing something up for the potluck. I know that I won't starve. I always go overboard but, I love to cook and even more so, I love to feed people. Since I will be alone and only up for two days I don't want to go crazy.

Throwing things together tonight since I won't have time in the morning. I leave for work at 6am and will get home about 6pm. Just in time to hot foot it up the the campground. Hopefully about 7:30pm or so. Looking forward to relaxing with teardrop folks!

George T.
George T.
Teardrop Master

Postby Jason and Amanda » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:44 pm

we're gonna bring some snacks and a pie, and some pasta salad to add to the meal portion. We'll probably bring some smores too, just not a whole crapload of chocolate, that stuff is a pain to transport. We're dying to try out our cheap charcoal grill from wallyworld so we might bring something to cook on it, but it's so small i won't be able to provide enough for everyone, hence the other stuff we'll bring.

Oh and by the way... Amanda is going to kill me for telling everyone over the internet but we just found out that we're having a baby :) Guess that pink crazy bedding does work :lol:
Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

Postby asianflava » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:08 am

It looks like I'm coming. I'll be camping solo so I'm not going to bother packing a lot of stuff.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby George T. » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:11 am

Good morning all!

Packing up and off to work. We'll see you guys tonight.

George T.
George T.
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to North Central