Pam's trip west....

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Pam's trip west....

Postby Pam Wright » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:30 am

Hi!
To those that have been bugging me for pictures..... I've just added to my album! I added the pictures I value the most (Brandie and I having adventures with wonderful Teardropping friends!), from July this year. 3 weeks 5500 miles, from Colorado to Wyoming, meeting Sam and the Turtle, camping with her in Yellowstone, then on to her home in Butte, MT. Thanks Sam!!!! From there through ID, lost the power steering pully and serpentine belt just outside of Couer d'Alene, but a wonderful young mechanic (from Walmart! - we love Walmart!!!) and his dad fixed it for us and we were off through WA, cut short of Spokane to Kennewick then dropped down into OR to meet Bruce (Traveler) in LaPine. Thanks Bruce!!! Bruce hooked up his tear and we overnighted in O'Brien, OR with (Triker) Jerry and Donna, thanks Jerry and Donna!!! and ended up in Fortuna, CA at Eunice and Ken Hill's. Eunice thank you for showing us, Fortuna, and the carnival, taking us to the ocean and sharing Ferndale! What a great time... Brandie and I headed on down to the Albion River Campground to join Lee (Thanks Lee for a great time!) for the Mendocino gathering, right on the beach, okay 1 block's ride on our bikes! then a whole bunch of us caravaned up HWY 1 to IRG 2.0! what an awesome drive! We drove Addie, the van towing the Cherry Drop through the Chandelier Tree! Wasn't sure we'd fit but we did!!!! (I think the caravan was my favorite part of the whole trip!!!! It still gives me goose bumps!!! ha!) Anyway, we all arrived at Pamplin Grove. What a terrific gathering, we had SO much fun and loved seeing everybody! Thanks Dean and Joanie, you are the best! We caught up with Shelly there and followed her back across the country to Minot, ND. What a pretty town, we had a great time there, Shelly took us to an old fashioned diner for knefla (sp?) soup (german dumpling soup... yum!!!) thanks Shelly!!!! and then 2 very tired and totally happy teardroppers went home to Denver! What a terrific vaction.... I only downloaded a few of the 500 pictures I took and the 400 that Brandie took, but you can see some of our highlights! Hope it floats the bubble!

pam
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby MOKI SEAKER » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:50 am

Great pictures Pam, did you get any at the "Last gasp". I sure would have liked to have gone, but the cost of gas and all, maybe with the price of a barrel below $88.00 dollars we can get out more...Jim G :thumbsup:
If you don’t read the newspaper, you are uninformed.. If you do read the newspaper. You are misinformed.
Mark Twain
MOKI SEAKER
The 300 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:03 am

:thumbsup: Thanks for putting the bubble on center this morning. Love the pictures---just jealous as heck........ :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby cdfnchico » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:27 pm

Pam...looks like a great trip...we had the chance to visit with Shelley at IRG, but must have missed you; we stopped in as looky loos...but were inspired to start our own build! Hopefully we will meet at IRG 3.0 if not before!
Cathy
Build thread - Just Chillin'
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=25151

cdfnchico
Donating Member

Postby Mary K » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:32 pm

Wow, Looks like you had a GREAT time!! :applause: Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. My favorite was Brandie in the Clover!! Great Picture. That is one to treasure. :yes:

Maybe we will get to see y'all sometime down here in the south! :wink:

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby SamR » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:30 am

Thanks for the pics! Glad you had a great trip.
SamR
Teardrop Master

Postby jdarkoregon » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:39 pm

Pam,

Wonderful adventure you two had, thanks for sharing, and thanks for sharing a cup of flour with us at IRG2, the cobbler was great. It was so nice and exciiting to visit with you

I love this pic, thanks for sharing

John & Mona
Innovation is essential
The world can be better
ImageImage
jdarkoregon
Donating Member

Postby traveler » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:00 am

Gosh Pam, I look like death warmed over :? :crazy:
Why do anything unless it is fun with your teardrop
traveler
The 300 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:29 pm

I need to venture into these threads more often...I am just getting to see your beautiful pictures of your trip. I agree with MaryK...that is an awesome pic of Brandie in the clover. Thanks for sharing your adventure. It feels like we got to ride along with you.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Eunice » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:20 am

Pam I am so glad that you and Brandie made this trip. I had a great visit with you. I love Brandie. She is a great kid. You will have to come back again when she gets her TD finished!
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby pete.wilson » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:07 pm

Hey

Pam,

Thanks for sharing the pics; looks like you had a lot of fun and saw some beautiful country. Nothing like a nice vacation to charge those human batteries!

Pete Wilson
Why hasn't anyone found a dead bigfoot? When was the last time you found a dead deer, bear, coyote, fox, squirrel, etc. that died in the woods.........Hmmm.
pete.wilson
The 300 Club

Return to North Central