KNOB NOSTER STATE PARK - NOV 7-8-9

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

KNOB NOSTER STATE PARK - NOV 7-8-9

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:00 pm

Several tears/tiny trailers are planning on being at Knob Noster State Park the 7-9th of November. The bath houses wont be open, but will have electricity and water. We arent planning on making reservations, right now it looks like the park is wide open. Good chance to get together before weather gets too cold. Gary and Trudy
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby ARKPAT » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:50 pm

Wow that would be nice Ray. :thumbsup:

I have a Family ReUnion that weekend ( Saturday ) but maybe the Sixth and Seventh ( Friday )? :thinking:

:thumbsup:

Pat

It looks like a six hour drive one way; but nice country to drive thru. I do not have to be there until noon Saturday. :)
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Darren » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:31 pm

I hope the vault toilets are open. :shock: I'm going to try and make this one. I kind of like the cooler evenings while camping. :thumbsup:
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:59 pm

We've camped at Watkins Mill in Dec and they were still open. I don't think they ever close them.
Gary
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby pete.wilson » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:09 pm

Hey

Talk to the wife about it, and as of right now we will try tenting it; should be interesting with the kids, and being cool (cold? LOL) outside. I have made some good changes to my trailer setup which should make things a little easier. I will let everyone know for sure a little closer to the date.

Pete Wilson
Why hasn't anyone found a dead bigfoot? When was the last time you found a dead deer, bear, coyote, fox, squirrel, etc. that died in the woods.........Hmmm.
pete.wilson
The 300 Club

Postby WarPony » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:26 pm

Well, we are iffy on this one for now. After almost 4 months of hobbling around on a bad right leg, Anna's doctor has made the decision to do surgery on her fractured hip tomorrow morning (Oct. 30) to repair the fracture in her hip bone. Should be an hour surgery to put a plate and screw in to clamp the fracture together. Her Doc said he would rather do it now instead of letting her walk on crutches for another 5 weeks and then decide to get the surgery anyway. I'm all for it because she hates the crutches..........

I'll let you guys know how it turns out but she should be out of the hospital on Friday sometime.

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:40 pm

WarPony wrote:Well, we are iffy on this one for now. After almost 4 months of hobbling around on a bad right leg, Anna's doctor has made the decision to do surgery on her fractured hip tomorrow morning (Oct. 30) to repair the fracture in her hip bone. Should be an hour surgery to put a plate and screw in to clamp the fracture together. Her Doc said he would rather do it now instead of letting her walk on crutches for another 5 weeks and then decide to get the surgery anyway. I'm all for it because she hates the crutches..........

I'll let you guys know how it turns out but she should be out of the hospital on Friday sometime.

Jeff

:shock: Ah Jeff, give Anna a big hug for me and tell her we will keep her in our prayers.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby ARKPAT » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:49 pm

Sorry about the hip surgery. :(
Glad to see you both at LCG III. ;)
Your trailer looks GREAT! :thumbsup:
I hope all goes well on the surgery. Get well Anna and speedy recovery! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby pete.wilson » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:26 am

Hey

Man Jeff thats a real bummer for Anna. Hope and pray for a speedy recovery and she can get back on her feet shortly. You all take care.

Pete Wilson
Ottawa, KS :worship:
Why hasn't anyone found a dead bigfoot? When was the last time you found a dead deer, bear, coyote, fox, squirrel, etc. that died in the woods.........Hmmm.
pete.wilson
The 300 Club

Postby pete.wilson » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:33 am

Hey

It was posted about no reservations and just showing up. I take it we will just pay for those nights at the main gate? Does anyone have an idea which spots you might be looking at, in case we wanted to stay somewhat together?

My wife said it's too cold for her to be in a tent and I'm not sure if the boys will come either. :snowstorm: I may get there on Saturday morning.
:vroom:
Pete Wilson
pete.wilson
The 300 Club

Postby WarPony » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:53 pm

Welp, we're out for this gathering. Anna's surgery got postponed today and is scheduled for Nov. 7th. She was in the prep room with an I.V. in her arm when the surgeon came in and called it off. Seems the weight loss pill she has been taking could/will cause some serious blood pressure problems after the night-night gas is given to her. She has to be off of it for 7 days before they try again. Girl was pissed but the doc was scaring me talking about what could happen so I was all for the reschedule........

You guys have a good time.

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby pete.wilson » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:37 pm

Hey

Jeff,

Thanks for the update and keep us posted. We will be praying for Anna's surgery and recovery. :worship:

Pete Wilson
pete.wilson
The 300 Club

Postby kayaklover » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:08 pm

Hi I'm Lori from Minnesota, I will be traveling through Mo. that weekend to take my oldest son to see his birth-mothers grandparents in Branson. I would love to stop by and say hi , check out your trailers , and take a break from the long drive. Will anyone be there on thursday ? How late will people be there on sunday? I'm leaving Branson on Sun. morning so will be in the area around noon or so. Not really sure about the drive time from Branson.
Lori
Co-Director
St. Croix Tearjerkers
kayaklover
Teardrop Master

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:32 pm

Lori

Sorry but we won't be pulling in till Friday night. Wish we could be there Thursday but we just got back from a week trip to LCG in LA and gotta work some time.

Sunday we'll be there early for sure but some of us take off around 10 if we knew that you'd be there around noon for sure we would stay though.

Gary
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby exminnesotaboy » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:45 pm

We'll be getting there on Friday evening. We will be leaving on Sunday around 1ish. If it is raining, we may leave a little earlier.

It would be good to see a fellow Minnesotan - even if I haven't lived there for a loooooong time :(
exminnesotaboy
Gold Donating Member

Next

Return to North Central