Camp Sinks

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Camp Sinks

Postby Mary K » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:49 pm

Just some thoughts and pictures on Camp Sink Setups:

Although I did install a sink in my TD, I have found that it is of little use. It's just to small. So I will be removing it at some point in the future. On that note, I have been thinking off an on about making or buying a portable sink.

I would like something that is low profile and easy to pack.

I like this one a lot, but it is a UK product and I have not found it in the US. I am not sure that the cost of shipping would be worth it.
Site LINK

I also really like Becca's set up too. If I could figure out a low profile way to mount a sprayer or faucet, then this would be great and probably more cost effective.
COPIED from this Thread Which has a lot of great info also.

CAJUN LADY wrote:Image

Al:
I built a dishwashing table for that same reason. I used a 2'x4' piece of birch, rotoziped the holes (over and over) until the rubbermaid pans fit in, put 3 coats of high gloss paint on it, put an adjustable leg and brackets and it works like a charm. I do have a dish drain pan for under the dish drain, just not pictured. I will cut finger holes in the table where the handles (pans) are because when they are full of water, they get snuggly and it is a little harder to get them out to drain them. I did find some pans that have drain plugs in them at Wal Mart but I had already cut my holes so I didn't buy them. But, they would be great to use with a 5 gallon bucket under them. Hmmmm...I might have to whip out the Rotozip again.

Here are some links to other Garden Sinks
http://www.lifewithease.com/h2o_center.html
http://www.gardeningwithease.com/gwe_po ... enter.html
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/p ... 22343413-2

Ebay Search http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_nkwZGa ... R40QQ_mdoZ

If you have any Ideas OR Pictures please post them. :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby caseydog » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:03 pm

I had one of these on the side of my TD. It was okay, as far as usability, but not great. However, the quality of materials and workmanship sucked. Several parts broke as I put it together. It finally broke enough that I tossed it.

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Mary K » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:43 pm

Thanks CD, that is good to know. That darn thing is expensive too. :Oh Brother:
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Re: Camp Sinks

Postby Steve_Cox » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:26 pm

Mary K wrote: If I could figure out a low profile way to mount a sprayer or faucet, then this would be great and probably more cost effective.
Mk

If the faucet and sprayer were mounted on a hinged piece, they could fold over into the sink for transport. Whata ya think? also...get back to work :lol:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Mary K » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:33 pm

Steve_Cox wrote:
Mary K wrote: If I could figure out a low profile way to mount a sprayer or faucet, then this would be great and probably more cost effective.
Mk

If the faucet and sprayer were mounted on a hinged piece, they could fold over into the sink for transport. Whata ya think? also...get back to work :lol:

That is a Great Idea Steve. But, if I did one like Becca's, the tubs come out and there would be holes in a table. I was hoping to keep it flat as possible for transport and storage.

I could just have a hole for the spigot/sprayer, and just mount it when I set the table up at camp.

Oh and :shhh: :whistle: It's a slow day.... :oops:
Mary K

Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby caseydog » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:27 pm

Mary K wrote:Thanks CD, that is good to know. That darn thing is expensive too. :Oh Brother:

I got mine at Tuesday Morning for $29. I still don't recommend it. ;)

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby cuyeda » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:16 pm

I will make a PVC frame to hold three tubs. Second shelf will be for drip dry. My hopes are to glue some pieces together for fast assembly when in use. Some pieces/corners will have some sort of pull pin so that it stays connected when in use. If all this works out, I will attempt a quickie faucet, and drain connection when there are hookups available.

See the camp plans I posted Here:

Why just dance, when you can Salsa!
Cliff & Vanessa
cuyeda
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Classic Finn » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:53 pm

Mary K wrote:Just some thoughts and pictures on Camp Sink Setups:

Although I did install a sink in my TD, I have found that it is of little use. It's just to small. So I will be removing it at some point in the future. On that note, I have been thinking off an on about making or buying a portable sink.

I would like something that is low profile and easy to pack.

I like this one a lot, but it is a UK product and I have not found it in the US. I am not sure that the cost of shipping would be worth it.
Site LINK

I also really like Becca's set up too. If I could figure out a low profile way to mount a sprayer or faucet, then this would be great and probably more cost effective.
COPIED from this Thread Which has a lot of great info also.

CAJUN LADY wrote:Image

Al:
I built a dishwashing table for that same reason. I used a 2'x4' piece of birch, rotoziped the holes (over and over) until the rubbermaid pans fit in, put 3 coats of high gloss paint on it, put an adjustable leg and brackets and it works like a charm. I do have a dish drain pan for under the dish drain, just not pictured. I will cut finger holes in the table where the handles (pans) are because when they are full of water, they get snuggly and it is a little harder to get them out to drain them. I did find some pans that have drain plugs in them at Wal Mart but I had already cut my holes so I didn't buy them. But, they would be great to use with a 5 gallon bucket under them. Hmmmm...I might have to whip out the Rotozip again.

Here are some links to other Garden Sinks
http://www.lifewithease.com/h2o_center.html
http://www.gardeningwithease.com/gwe_po ... enter.html
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/p ... 22343413-2

Ebay Search http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_nkwZGa ... R40QQ_mdoZ

If you have any Ideas OR Pictures please post them. :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Mk

Mary K that price is as such:

49.00 GBP = 76.7004 USD
United Kingdom Pounds United States Dollars
1 GBP = 1.56532 USD 1 USD = 0.638849 GBP

And from my own experience in shipping it would be between 50 to 75 USD. Plus import duty if applicable.

Classic Finn

PS MK With your talent I know you can come up with somthing real sweet ;)
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby Ivar the Red » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:14 pm

cuyeda wrote:I will make a PVC frame to hold three tubs. Second shelf will be for drip dry. My hopes are to glue some pieces together for fast assembly when in use. Some pieces/corners will have some sort of pull pin so that it stays connected when in use. If all this works out, I will attempt a quickie faucet, and drain connection when there are hookups available.

See the camp plans I posted Here:

Use big enough pvc maybe the frame could be rigged to catch the gray water. :thinking:
Johnny
BUILD THREAD
Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. - Vince Lombardi
ImageImageImage
Ivar the Red
HOME RUN TILT

Postby Wolffarmer » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:04 pm

"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Return to Camping Secrets