Would you loan your teardrop to a friend?

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Would you loan your teardrop to a friend

Poll ended at Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:50 pm

yes
37%
no
51%
yes, but only if they agree to pay for any damage in writing
12%

Total votes : 73

Why build when you can borrow?

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:48 pm

8) Having been the recipient of generous folks.... such as Jerome, Doug, Kevin, Grant ....did I forget anyone who has loaned us a TD?? We are very thankful and grateful to those who are willing to loan them for our use. We have "references" now! :lol:
I voted YES.
Joanie
:applause:
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Ron Dickey » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:59 pm

Dean they are getting wise to you, is this another Dean Joke?? :R

I do not remeber saying yes or nor but what I do know is there are people I would give the world too and there are others that have not proved themselves to me.

I think a leagle letter is do.

Dean I might lend it out to you, however the speed limit is 55 or under if you have a tailgater pull over and all you DO stuff must be halled in your truck. I only will need a $10,000 deposite & free waffels for life. A document saying you baught it and you take resposability for everything else.
apon return trailer must look somewhat origanal and I will return the money after I have gotten 1 years interest off it. If you want the money back right away you must cook me a DO dinner and tell me stories about each new nick and chip on the trailer; that bear that ran after the trailer, that skunk that got inside and made that wird smell, about the african bees that are still living in the walls, and about the food fight with my trailer as the back wall. :thumbsup: sure I will lend it out I like stories.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Anthony J Grant » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:08 pm

:thinking:
Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?

Tony G.
the HOBO HILTON
Anthony J Grant
Teardrop Master

Postby Mukilteo » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:56 pm

You can borrow my girlfriend, but you can't borrow my truck, trailer, motorcycle or guns. :lol:
Eric
Mukilteo
Donating Member

loan

Postby norm's tear drop » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:38 pm

yes to a good friend
norm's tear drop
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Beachbuggy » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:29 am

Weve already been asked..................the answer after a brief fit of laughter was "No". :R
Beachbuggy
Teardrop Master

Postby t-vicky » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:12 pm

I would loan it to my son but since he is not into camping I dont have to worry about it. It is a 5 wide but it would be a little tight with him, his wife & all 3 kids in it.
I have a thing about loaning anyway. I once loaned a engine hoist to a (so called) friend. A year later I went to get it & he had loaned it to someone. I went thru 17 people before I found it.
The impossable just takes longer & cost more.
t-vicky
Teardrop Master

Postby grant whipp » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:08 am

Considering that there are friends, friends, friends, friends, and then there are FRIENDS! ...

... I'd have to say nope, doubt it, maybe, you betcha, and HELL, YES!

(Does that qualify as "all of the above" ... :thinking: ...?)

I have had good friends loan me their teardrops (yes, even as a builder, I was a teardrop bum for more years than I care to say ... :shock: ...), so I am more than happy to return the favor, extend a favor, and as TDN is famous for saying, "pay it forward!" from time-to-time.

I gotta say, the number of negatives (so far) surprises me ... :o ...

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Aaron Coffee » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:51 am

I lent mine out to a guy from work(happens to be my landlords son in law), to go to the Black Hills and Yellowstone, figured that way I can say my teardrop has been there. His wife has been wanting to build one, just heard at work that he has bought an axle and other trailer parts. Would do it again today, the only catch would be that it had to be somebody that I know and trust and understands the blood, sweat and tears that went into building it.
If I could shut my brain off, I could save myself alot of time, money and effort.
Aaron Coffee
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Oasis Maker » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:42 am

My main thing would be the experience one has in towing a trailer. I don't want someone learning how to tow for the first with my teardrop any more than I want someone learning how to drive a clutch for the first time with my car. (That's what rentals are for... he he) But really, besides knowing how to back up with a trailer, I have a 6-wide teardrop that tracks significantly wider than the TV. If this is not an issue and the friend has shared values in how to treat property - boom, no problem. Have a great time and take lots of pics.

Scott G.
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Gaelen » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:02 pm

As it turns out, I'll be 'sharing' the Sunspot at this year's Wine Country Circuit with another exhibitor who has always tented in overflow. Her tent is in need of a lot of repairs, so I offered to bring my trailer down, set it up for her on her favorite campsite, and then I'll tow it back home when the circuit is over. That also means that I get to use the trailer to haul down some extra gear, which should make it a bit easier to pack for the trip and pack up to go home.

I'll be over on a waterfront site sharing a 28' trailer with five friends -- our annual last-party-of-the-summer at the dog show. So I'll be close by if my friend has any problems, and should be able to keep an eye on things. But we've also camped at this circuit for 20 years, and I know she appreciates the vintage trailer and takes good care of things. She and I used to go 'round the loops looking for the neatest trailers; there are a couple of people who come in Bolers that we met a few years ago.

And another payoff is that while my friend is sleeping warm and dry and up off the ground, all of my dog show friends who've wanted to see the Sunspot will get a chance to see her in action. :thumbsup:
Gaelen
2006-2011: '79 SunLine Sun Spot
now: '05 Finntec homebuilt teardrop
My blogs: Life Out Loud, Kitchen Jam and Dog Trainer's Log.
Syracuse Dog Training and @gaelen2 on Twitter
Gaelen
500 Club

Postby 4123 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:28 pm

Olga and I have loaned our '47 Modernistic to several friends on occasion. It was always returned in perfect condition. That's it below on the right.

That's 'oregonguy' facing the galley when he was knee high to a grasshopper!:oops:
~~~Ron & Olga Christianson~~~
http://www.museumphones.com
"Consider It ALL entertainment"
ImageImageImage
The 300 Club

Postby 2bits » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:45 am

As long as *I* define the word friend...

YES I have ONE friend who I would implicitly trust with my teardrop, but all my other friends would only come back with excuses for why the damage has occurred, otherwise it would be a crapshoot and then NO would be my response because my teardrop is my closest friend.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby bobhenry » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:33 am

Hold on to your shorts. I am loaning mine to the EX wife this weekend.

Her and the hubby want to experience the teardrop life.

I am loaning them Chubby

I am taking the dog and the barn

And a camping buddy may join us

What a world huh ?
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby boomboomtulum » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:31 pm

No I voted No. My friends are my friends and I want to keep it that way.
I will build another soon that will be a loaner for my kids and their soon to be husbands and wives. Then friends I have to think on that one.

Dave
http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/album_ ... c_id=37109

Have'nt been everywhere yet, but it's on my list.
boomboomtulum
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to User Polls