Emails from Pam Wright

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Emails from Pam Wright

Postby Pam Wright » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:36 am

Hi all,

I found out this morning my email list has been compromised. If any one receives an email from me stating I am stuck out of town and need money, it is a SCAM. Please do not open it or reply to it. I can not get to the individual email contact list, so am hoping this will let you all know that it is a scam and NOT to open it or reply to it.

Sorry for the inconvience. I am OKAY!!!!

pam
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby NutmegJoe » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:24 pm

Since the grammar was way off, I knew it wasn't you. I wanted to send a note to let you know (in case you didn't) but didn't want to mail to your e-mail address.

Thanks for posting and glad to hear you are not stuck in London!!

Let my know your new e-mail since I'm assuming you won't be using that one anymore!

Take care!
Shelly
--------------
"Do what you like,
Like what you do"

NutmegJoe
Gold Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:35 pm

I was wondering where you've been. So how's London? Chilly this time of year. :lol: Just kidding...I didn't get an email but thanks for the heads up. I was wondering why we haven't seen you online lately though. Glad to know you are doing ok.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Gerdo » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:02 pm

I was sure that it is a scam!

Here is the e-mail.

Am sorry I did not inform you about my Trip Europe for a program called Empowering the Youth to Fight Racism, HIV/AIDS, and Lack of Education, the program is taking place in three major countries in Europe which are Holland, Turkey and England. But I am presently in England London now Unfortunately all my money and traveling documents were stolen in my hotel room during a robbery incident in the hotel where I lodged. I am so confused now; I don't know what to do, that is why I decide to contact you for urgent assistance. I need soft loan of £1,600 Pounds? Please I want to use it to sort-out my hotel bills and buy my return ticket. I promise as soon as am back from this trip I will refund the money back to you, But if you can not come up with the amount Please send what you can afford through Western Union with the info below.

Name: Pamela Wright
Address: 24 Kensington High St
Zip code: W8 4PT
Test Question: To whom?
Answer: Pamela
Amount sent £?

Once you have it sent, please send me the money transfer control number (MTCN), with details used in sending it. I will be expecting your mail as soon as possible

Regards
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:23 pm

Yep glad you posted something Pammy... I was surprised to see that email, it just didn't "sound" like you and I knew you love to travel but didn't see how the Cherry Drop would've made it across the water! haha

sorry you got hacked!!!

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:44 pm

It's crazy the scams they are coming up with these days! :o

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby traveler » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:16 pm

It is crazy the scams that they are coming up with, Mike, but why did they have to pick on Pam. She's a really nice person. :thumbsup:
And I don't think that she would leave her teardrop.
Bruce :SG
Why do anything unless it is fun with your teardrop
traveler
The 300 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:29 pm

:thumbsup:
Sorry about your email Pam.

I wonder if that means everyone who opened the email is now sending out emails. Anyone know if there is a way to tell.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Arne » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:02 pm

only if there was a link that got clicked on ... opening an email alone should not allow a virus to infect you... but clicking on an included link might, and probably will.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby savano » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:07 pm

Oh, Thank goodness. I just now checked my email and noticed an email from you, but decided to do some research first before I reacted. Glad you are OK. Whew. I am so glad you posted this.
:worship: :worship:
Yes, Gerdo, that's the email I received.

I noticed the grammar also, but when I am in a panic my typing goes crazy too. :?
Sally
savano
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Catoosa Grani » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:59 am

I got the same e-mail also. I also knew that it coouldn't be Pam with the grammar used. Without thinking, I sent her an e-mail telling her about it. I said if she was ever in real trouble we were always here for her. Well I got another one telling me this was the time, she really needed help. Pam had Amanda contact me and tell me it was a scam and I was sure glad she did. I had tried to call her and couldn't even get through on the cell phone. It just so happens this is the second e-mail like this I have received. The other one was supposedly a friend of ours in Texas.
We contacted his father and found out what was going on. I got another one today from the FBI, address, Washington D.C. Now this is a real winner. They said they heard I had been getting e-mails from Nigeria claiming to be with banks and they even gave the names of the guys that had done it. Seems they were taking care of me and going to see that I got my money. All I had to do was send them $495. Wasn't that nice of them It was quite a long note explaining how the other guys were scammers and didn't actually work for any bank. Wonder how many will be taken in by them.

Grani
ImageImage
Catoosa Grani
Gold Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:57 am

Pam... when you get a different (safe) email addy set up, email me at work and let me know it REALLY is you....

I did not hit REPLY but just sent a new message to the yahoo address and then got this as a reply...... and it still didn't seem right... ya know, no LOL or "haha" like usual...

Julie,

Thanks for the response,this is really me...Please let me know how much you can help me with
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

I got one too!

Postby enigmak » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:43 pm

Pam, just wanted to let you know I got one too. I was glad that I checked the forum before I checked my emails. I got a kick out of reading it, the grammer was too funny! But wanted you to know if you really ever did need anything we would be here for you!!! Let me know when it is safe to send and receive emails with you!!
Now that it is winter and won't be teardropping for a while we will sure be missing everyone. It was a great summer camping and seeing everyone. Look forward to next summer.

Dana
enigmak
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Pam Wright » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:14 am

First chance I have had to get on my son's computer (the reason you had all not heard from me for a while, my own computer crashed a few months back and I get on his a couple times a week.... I've been lurking for that time!)

Anyway.... Thank you all for your concern and best wishes as I go through this mess.... I've had calls from alot of friends letting me know they received the bogus email too.... One friend, Elizabeth, is keeping a dialogue open with the idiots, until tomorrow when I can talk with the Yahoo office to straighten out my account and hopefully go after the "wonderful person" impersonating me.

I'll let you all know when I get it straightened out!

pam
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:33 am

Pam Wright wrote:First chance I have had to get on my son's computer (the reason you had all not heard from me for a while, my own computer crashed a few months back and I get on his a couple times a week.... I've been lurking for that time!)

Anyway.... Thank you all for your concern and best wishes as I go through this mess.... I've had calls from alot of friends letting me know they received the bogus email too.... One friend, Elizabeth, is keeping a dialogue open with the idiots, until tomorrow when I can talk with the Yahoo office to straighten out my account and hopefully go after the "wonderful person" impersonating me.

I'll let you all know when I get it straightened out!

pam

Pam, I wish you luck finding the shyster who is doing this. There have been so many of these email "hijacks" lately and a lot of them are coming from Nigeria. There was something on Oprah about this the other day. What is amazing is the amount of people who fall for their scams. Sneaky thieves.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Next

Return to North Central