to conduit or not to conduit in the camper walls

Anything electric, AC or DC

to conduit or not to conduit in the camper walls

Postby rlphoto » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:56 am

I read back posts for a while then decided to get some opinions.

I am getting ready to enclose my walls and was deciding wether to run my wiring under the paneling or not. Or to use conduit or not.

on another note, how would one run a propane line from the front of the camper to the rear?

Randy
rlphoto
Teardrop Master

Postby DestinDave » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:33 pm

I'm planning on using some 1/4" clear plastic tubing to run each circuit so if I ever have to replace wires or trace a circuit problem I can pull new wires through without tearing out walls or ceiling panels. I believe Steve F. used some 3/8 or 1/2 wire loom pretty much the same way.
I don't have the propane issue but I would guess a copper gas line run under the trailer frame and securely fastened would be a safe and easy way to do that. JMO... Dave
Reality? What a concept!
Building "The Salty Tear" - a photo log of the project.
http://www.bluezenphoto.com/p979644357
DestinDave
500 Club

Postby toypusher » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:39 pm

I think that I would use hose, not copper. (Safer that way) They make hose that is plenty long for propane use. JMO
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby madjack » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:49 pm

...you can use heavy wall copper tubing, steel pipe or rubber hose. Remember if you use rubber hose to get hose rated for propane and not just automotive gas line. If you use copper, be sure and get type "k"(heavy wall) and insulate it from contact with other metals(electrolysis). Personally I would get a piece of steel pipe and run it under trailer using a pigtail to connect on either end...my.02 worth
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby DestinDave » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:10 pm

Sounds like better advice than I offered... Not a gas man...
Hey Madjack... you get any aftermath from TS Cindy? I finished up last season with a bang in Destin and looks like the Guld Coast is getting spanked again - Dennis headed that way now. I miss Destin a lot but not all these damned 'canes... Dave
Reality? What a concept!
Building "The Salty Tear" - a photo log of the project.
http://www.bluezenphoto.com/p979644357
DestinDave
500 Club

Postby rlphoto » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:08 pm

madjack wrote:...you can use heavy wall copper tubing, steel pipe or rubber hose. Remember if you use rubber hose to get hose rated for propane and not just automotive gas line. If you use copper, be sure and get type "k"(heavy wall) and insulate it from contact with other metals(electrolysis). Personally I would get a piece of steel pipe and run it under trailer using a pigtail to connect on either end...my.02 worth
madjack 8)

Yes! steel pipe! and pigtails!

17 years in the weld shop and I couldnt think of this.

Thanks a bunch

Randy
rlphoto
Teardrop Master

Postby madjack » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:17 pm

...DD, N'Orleans got hit pretty hard with 10+" of rain and 70 mph winds however I don't live anywhere near there(180mi north), after N.O., it slid along the coast to Biloxi, so we didn't see any of it however...here comes Dennis for Sun or Mon
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Return to Electrical Secrets