New teardrop coming soon! Dutchmen names it T@G

Teardrop Gatherings that are National/International in scope includes the United Kindom and Australian Chapters of TearJerkers.

New teardrop coming soon! Dutchmen names it T@G

Postby Terry and Gordie » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:04 am

:D :shock: Ya' ll might like to know that Dutchmen has just shown their newest product at the famous Louisville rv show and it is the T@G !!!! Yes. a real teardrop and they will be starting production in January according to Marketing Director of Dutchmen. Just sharing with fellow teardroppers. Merry Christmas to all our teardrop friends! Terry and Gordie
2009 will be your choice of good year, bad year,, choose GOOD! Camp often, you can't go wrong! TADADOO to ya'
Terry and Gordie
Teardrop Inspector

Postby dreadcptflint » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:45 pm

Don't tease. Show the pictures of this Teardrop.
The quickest way to find me is on my business site. Yes, I do answer questions and provide quotes for free. Find me at: http://www.wenatcheefarmers.com
dreadcptflint
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:56 pm

I'm still looking for pictures, but I did find this...

I thought you might find the construction technique interesting...

Dutchmen also expanded its teardrop trailer line by adding the T@G. At 800 pounds, the basic teardrop can be towed by most compact cars.

Gaining some weight is the new T@B, a teardrop large enough to stand up in. The T@B weights 1,700 pounds.

Hosinski said the T@B is light enough to be towed by most mini-vans and crossover sport utility vehicles.

He said dealers are eager to add lightweight products to their offerings because they realize they are losing some of the dedicated campers who used to purchase larger pickups to tow their traditional trailers.

Larger, but still light for its 18-foot length at 2,866 pounds is the Ecologic trailer.

Dutchmen did away with the wood-backed superstructure, replacing it with a composite of Styrofoam-type material sandwiched between plastic panels. He said the composite material is 50 percent lighter than the wood-based products used in trailer construction.

He said the use of the material knocks 800 pounds off the weight of a traditional trailer and 400 pounds can be shaved from an ultra-light unit.

The Ecologic has plastic windows to cut the weight of glass and the furniture is framed with aluminum instead of wood, another way to save weight.
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Return to National/International