Does Anyone Have One of These

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Postby greg755 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:00 pm

the coupon was at bradsdeals.com
"It is a cruel thought, that, when we feel ourselves standing on the firmest ground in every respect, the cursed arts of our secret enemies, combining with other causes, should effect, by depreciating our money, what the open arms of a powerful enemy could not." --Thomas Jefferson to Richard Henry Lee, 1779. ME 4:298, Papers 2:298
greg755
Grand Poobah

Ordered a Camp Chef Camp Oven

Postby Esteban » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:25 pm

:thumbsup: Thanks to Greg's tip, I have a Camp Chef Camp Oven coming my way from Dick's Sporting Goods. The 20% off coupon from bradsdeals.com sealed the deal. In total it cost $189.63 with free shipping and CA sales tax.

Buying the Camp Chef Oven is a big step to help me plan the galley layout. I'll build a drawer for it similar to Danny's. Once the oven arrives I can then figure out what size drawer it'll require.
:thinking: Now a question in my mind is whether to use a 1 lb. propane bottle or to pipe in propane from a bulk tank?
Happy happy - my teardrop camping future will include some yummy cooking and baking. :thumbsup:
Last edited by Esteban on Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby greg755 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:41 pm

:applause: :thumbsup: :applause:

Congrats Glad I could help...
The people on this board have helped me immensely, its the least I could do...

I am going to put in a 20 or 30 pound tank and branch off to an instant water heater as well, those small 1 pound cans cost to much and My stove is going to be on a slide out panel...

By the way what is the "500 club" is that the number of outings? miles driven? age??? how many hotdogs you ate?
Thanks
G
"It is a cruel thought, that, when we feel ourselves standing on the firmest ground in every respect, the cursed arts of our secret enemies, combining with other causes, should effect, by depreciating our money, what the open arms of a powerful enemy could not." --Thomas Jefferson to Richard Henry Lee, 1779. ME 4:298, Papers 2:298
greg755
Grand Poobah

Camp Chef Camp Oven arrived & Costco.com has them again.

Postby Esteban » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:26 pm

A follow up.:thumbsup: I really like my new Camp Chef Camp Oven. It's got a nice clean look to it and seems well made. Haven't tried cooking or baking with it yet. Soon.

Thanks to Greg's tip about a 20% off discount from Dick's Sporting Goods I got a good deal on it. Not as good as Costco though...because I hesitated and they temporarily ran out of stock.

It's taller than I expected...nearly 18" tall. It should fit nicely under the (planned) 20" high galley counter. It's about 21-1/4" long across the front. With a 1 lb. propane bottle attached it's about 18-1/2" deep from the gas control knobs in front to the back side of the propane bottle. It'll be installed, sideways, on a slide out drawer/shelf very similar to how Danny did his.

I'll probably use a 22" overtravel drawer slide for the pull out drawer/shelf the oven will rest on. An overtravel drawer slide extends about 1-1/2" further than its nominal length. The extra extension will help to keep the hot oven away from the galley cabinets.

Good News: Costco.com has the Camp Chef Camp Oven back in stock for $169.99 including shipping and a (no extra cost) padded carry bag. The carry bag sells for $54.99 from Camp Chef. Buying from Costco you get a bundled deal at a lower price than most sellers charge for just the oven.

Costco.com wrote:Camp Chef Camp Oven
with Two-Burner Stove
Includes Padded Carry Bag
Item # 303320
Be the first to write a review.
$169.99
Shipping & Handling included
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby Tx River Rat » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:27 am

Is anyone using the camp chef now are have used it
How about a evaluation of it.
Ron
Tx River Rat
2nd Teardrop Club

Postby Rock » Fri May 01, 2009 7:11 am

Cabela's in Dundee, MI currently has a slightly scratched Camp Chef oven for $61 in their bargain cave.

Eric
Rock
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Camping Secrets