Would you tow your teardrop over 20 miles of washboard road?

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Would you tow your teardrop over 20 miles of dusty 3 inch washboard road?

Yes, no problem....
37%
Yes but *VERY* slowly & carefully
29%
No
34%

Total votes : 73

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:51 pm

George G. wrote:
CAJUN LADY wrote:If I had a choice, no, but if it meant camping with the entire forum group at a gathering, then yes.

Entire Forum Group? :thinking:

I like to think big. :)
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:46 pm

If I did I'd have to get some of that clear peel in stick protector for my chrome fenders. They get tiny dings even with mud flaps on the tow vehicle. Today's chrome isn't like it was on 1950's cars. Someday we will be going back to Bodie and we will just have to drive real slow like we did before, without the teardrop. :D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Mark72 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:25 am

No I wouldn't take mine over a length of road like that mainly because of what that dust dose to everything. I've worked on a lot of cars that live on a road like that. The only thing that tops that is salt!

Mark
ImageImage
Mark72
Donating Member

Postby dreadcptflint » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:47 pm

I've done half that a couple of times and it has paid off. For the twenty, I would really have to know what was at the end of the road.
The quickest way to find me is on my business site. Yes, I do answer questions and provide quotes for free. Find me at: http://www.wenatcheefarmers.com
dreadcptflint
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby hotrod » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:40 pm

Got sidetracked last summer with the t bucket and the teardrop out on an "adventure" and ended up on about 12 miles of said road. it was worth it, the scenery was great but we took it pretty easy, we were due at a car show the next day and everything was dusty, big time! lolol Took awhile to get cleaned up.
Paul
Some people are like slinkys.. not much good for anything but they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs....
hotrod
TILT
TILT

Postby firemaniac » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:57 pm

Some of the places I plan on going are "recommended for high clearance or 4X4 vehicles only". Some rutted and narrow Forrest roads and "Jeep" :roll: trails.
Chris

When in doubt, run in circles, scream, and shout!
firemaniac
Teardrop Master

Postby Roly Nelson » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:17 am

On the way to the first Int. TD gathering in Minden, our caravan of tears decided to proceed part way down the old Route 66 roadway, which was parallel to the freeway. I began the trek, but had to bail off at the next on ramp so I could continue the trip on the interstate. The "Mother Road", even though paved, made my little woody hop and bounce about with it's 12 inch tires encountering pot holes in the road. The last time I drove down Rt 66 was on my honeymoon, 56 years ago, 2200 miles, one way.
Roly :lol: ;)
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby Arne » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:16 am

I'm not worried about the t/d taking it, just too hard on the van and my back. Yes, I could do it, no, I don't want to.....
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Randy G » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:00 am

I did that looking for a campground late one night in the mountains by Sisters Oregon. Turned out to be the wrong road, duh ! All the eggs were broke and the rig got mighty dust and ended up just sleeping in a wide spot along the road. No hurry to do that again.
Rom. 8:28
Randy G
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to User Polls