at what point will I start putting in wires

Anything electric, AC or DC

at what point will I start putting in wires

Postby Ron Dickey » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:58 pm

I have a floor!

I am thinking of running a PVC pipe from the front to the rear maybe with a T in the middle

I am thinking of putting a AC plug bar with fuse in it and have it plug in at the side of the Galley.

Does any one have any GFI's in their trailer?
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Re: at what point will I start putting in wires

Postby toypusher » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:47 am

Ron Dickey wrote:Does any one have any GFI's in their trailer?

That's all that I used in mine (all two of them) :D You should probably use a circuit breaker of some kind also! You can look at my 'www' to see pictures of how I did mine. There are some pictures of how I was going to do a setup in a tongue box also, but I changed my mind on that for this teardrop (Probably will do it in the next one, though)

Kerry
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby bennelson » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:46 pm

Hey Ron,

I was thinking I would put a power strip in my galley. If I had some sort of permanent connector installed in the wall and then just an outlet to plug the power strip into, I would leave it out when not needed.

I thought something like this installed in the outside wall would work:
Only I would want it to be a regular 15 amp straight blade Edison plug. Then, I could just run a standard extension cord to the power at the campsite, or the side of my house.

Kerry, where did you get your electrical inlet from? What type of connector does it have inside?

-Ben
still no idea what i'm doing...
bennelson
Teardrop Master

Postby madjack » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:44 pm

...bennelson, check out www.waytekwire.com and goto wiring accessories>>>blade connectors, the last one is what I believe you are looking for
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:44 am

Ben,

I just used a outlet cover for use outdoors. I used a hole saw and cut a 2" hole through the sidewall. Inside I have a male plug that runs into my box with the 15Amp circuit breaker and the outlets are wired from there. To use the system I just have to open the outside and stick a extension cord through the sidewall and plug it into my circuit breaker box. I have a 12GA, 15AMP rated extension cord. Hopefully you got all that. Did you look closely at my pictures? With this explaination and the pictures you should see how I did mine.

I wanted to go with the type setup that madjack posted the link to, but could not find the right one at the time I made my decission. (I have been on the Waytekwire site lots of times and never saw the one he pointed out. :oops: Go figure :shock:

Kerry
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Cutterpup » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:14 am

I bought mine at RV Surplus. I highly recommend them for any parts that you might need.

https://www.rvsurplussalvage.com/catalog/display.php?product_id=297

I cut a hole into my battery box then found out that the trailer tongue was too short to fit the box and the landing gear so, first I put on a smaller box then added 18 inches to the tongue and now I am putting the larger battery box back on. The electrical inlet was moved from box to box without any problems.

BTW they have excellent customer service. I brought porch lights from them and the wrong ones showed up. I called and spoke to Jason and he figured out what happened and sent the correct ones out right away and told me to keep the wrong ones. I sold the wrong ones on E-Bay for more than I paid for the ones I wanted.

Dan
Cutterpup
Teardrop Master

Return to Electrical Secrets